Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.4

Options
1358359360361362364»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,743 ✭✭✭micks_address

you should see kwh usage on the display over the steering wheel now.. also you will see a new icon on the infotainment for id software.. on my gtx the main improvement i saw was the over aggressive maneuvre breaking was dialled back and didnt occur .. im sure if you search on youtube there's plenty of video's outline the other changes in 3.2

• Registered Users Posts: 11,509 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Depends on what you're on now, if you're below Version 3.0 then the update will be a big step up in terms of stability and user friendliness

If you're already on 3.0 and moving to 3.2 (which is latest I think) then it isn't much of a jump

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 8,007 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

The manufacturer is apparently happy with the numbers with the one they pick. It might be that defaulting to eco mode would leave too many people underwhelmed with the car when driving and think that they'd just bought something with bad aircon and performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭obi604

I have a 2021 ID4 running 3.2 software. I was away for 2 weeks and came back today. At airport, a popup appeared for a software update, I hit “later” as did not want to start it at airport etc.

Did anyone else get a prompt for this update? Or know what the update offers etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,125 ✭✭✭✭KCross

I got an update a week or so ago. Some minor bug fix thing, cant even tell what it fixed. Car is the same to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭LubaDriver

Further to this story. They've got the car back repaired now. Dad did a long spin in it and was telling me after that the battery wasn't performing as good as he'd used to. A particular journey he does he normally arrives with 35% in good weather was down to 25% post repair.

I plugged in my obd2 reader to have a look and the new cell voltages are much lower than the old ones meaning the car won't charge fully, or rather it reads 100% before all cells get to around 4.1v. Doing the maths a 100% charge is now 61.5kwh vs about 68kwh pre fix. He's been told that the cells have to bed into the pack and they'll equalise in time.

Does anyone here have experience of module replacement?

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭n.d.os

Can anyone shine some light on this? My wife said she updated the VW app on her phone today and now both of our phones are showing this. No charging or range info in the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,509 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Might need to sign out and back in on the car or app, or both

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Ev fan

Just FYI I have read about this in a few places and the theory goes that it takes a good few new charge cycles before cell voltages are raised and balanced. B. Nyland had a video on this recently- not sure whether he proved the theory or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭handpref

All perfectly normal, I had a Tour in for the same issue, got it back and it was like I lost 100km- Car always did 460km minimum, regardless of weather or hammering it. I was loosing my sh*t when I got it back with only 360KM indicated range. Took the advice from the id3 forum and the VW tech, ran in down to 1% or there about's, charged it back up from there and all was good. It takes time to reconfigure the range etc, a deep cycle definitely did the business. I wouldn't go trading it in to loose money, 8 year warranty on the battery regardless.

• Advertisement
Advertisement