Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2024

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 KawaKris

The Guinness has been savage the last few years. Given the general nature and feel of the festival I can't see an open can policy been enforced. Just smile and have a bit of banter with the security, they're mostly sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭hold my beer

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Flinty81

Is anyone planning to get the train via Dublin tomorrow? It says on the ATN travel page there's buses from Waterford to Curraghmore but only from Friday.

I'm going tomorrow by bus but am curious about other options 🤔

It appears that the Dublin bus service goes direct to the festival on Thursday, shuttle buses start Friday. Guess I'll stick to the bus 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Ruanmcg

Having security checkpoints within the festival is such a bad buzz and would really put me off, free flow makes such a difference. No one wants to spend 7+ quid a pint and people end up just sitting at the campsite for so much longer instead of floating around and taking it all in. Wouldn't be surprised if they enforced it but I would be raging

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,580 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

@Ruanmcg or anyone else, is your mate still selling their ticket? A friend of mine was looking to get a last minute one below face value if it's still available! Maybe send us a PM if so.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

I love the free flow aspect of ATN, it's a big plus, but I also love a few cold pints and/or cocktails in the arena during the day, I tend to enjoy a couple of cans at tent late morning, early afternoon, then wander into arena with a can in hand. Its usually late night I bring my own bag of cans into arena. I don't think they'll heavily enforce a one can rule to be honest, no searches etc. But I do think they might be trying to placate main sponsors such as Guinness who will be trying to maximize the sales at the bars over weekend, iirc the bars were never busy last year (maybe if they sold more than rockshore and added an IPA for example punters would be tempted to spend more at those bars)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

and as someone here said, the free flow system helps to ensure people aren't in the horrors by 4pm in the campsite and often even missing stuff in the arena.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Ruanmcg

Sorry Ferris already sold it to another gentleman on this thread. There was someone else since then that mentioned one for going for 200 though

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Griff77

seems like the other part of the app is saying free flow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭El Director

folks this is the WhatsApp link

https://chat.whatsapp.com/DmePj4gaXet6pOl7d0d6DR

the QR code

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,580 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Cheers man. Turns out friend just bought a full price one there so it's all good!

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭gandalfio

Ah they better not start this craic now. Not having to worry about sneaking cans into main arena, and just being able to freely have them in your backpack, is a huge selling point of the festival.

Apologies if this is obvious but im guessing Londis will have large water bottles, but maybe best to bring some in case they sell out?

Cheers 😎

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,939 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Ah yeah, I reckon so.

Anyone remember how much bags of ice were last year? Were at a premium obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

The early EP’s weren’t necessarily free flow, but you could certainly get cans in. They weren’t setup like they were now with tables, marquees and good lighting, I vaguely remember the people doing the searches were 1 employed security with a weekend volunteer helper, the volunteers weren’t bothered and would often find cans but still let you through, this didn’t last long.

On the Fri things were extremely lax, but by Sun this progressed to Fort Knox type searches, the theory was if the takings from the bars didn’t meet expectations the “security” was cranked up. To me a couple of drug scares ref high strength MDMA were fabricated to justify heavier searches.

Leaving policy in the hands of a drink company is really anti festival!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,550 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

The Scratch are the special guest…

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭dingbat

This is completely my vibe too. Love having my bag of cans when I'm actually at a gig. Also love getting a lovely cold pint or cocktail.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Coz

• Registered Users Posts: 19 festivalhun

If ATN doesn’t remain free flow our group will likely stop going. Really turned us off at other festivals. Not everyone likes what the sponsors sell, and as mentioned here already it would really change the vibe to people getting as much alcohol into them in the tents before heading out later in the day. As well as the stress of queuing to be searched every time you come and go. Has anyone here reached out to ATN to clarify?

Cheers. Thankyou, just want to be sure, I'm bussing it 😎😄

I remember we used the decoy approach with getting booze in, which usually worked, but doubt that will work now 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭sh89000

I wouldn't read too deep into the open can stuff.....let's drop the subject and not jinx it 🤣🍺

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,790 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Where was the "one open can" seen originally? Both the app and site are making no mention of it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,550 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Its another little step along to the final goal of not being a 'free flow festival'…

Give the people what they want for a free years, then reign it back a small bit , then a bit more, 1 can open …
    And ultimately its the festival that lose out as im sure the bars inside the arenas are saying our take is down due to you allowing people bring in their own booze, so how can you charge us so much to run a bar in there.

I think it will be no 'outside' drink allowed in within two years……..

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭sh89000

Edited sorry. Open cans on entry

Drinks section on app saying cans must be open entering arena.

In all honesty though no security guard in their right mind would ask someone to "open them 4 cans before you go in...cheers"

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭TenPicnics

It's definitely free flow in every other bit of official info from ATN so I see no need to worry. That open can thing must have been a copy and paste error or something like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 festivalhun

Click “more”, click “need to know”, click “drinks”. It’s only there - so surely it’s a mistake 🤞 it doesn’t say one can it says “cans must be opened before entering the arena”

Advertisement