Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hamas strike on Israel - Threadbans in op - mod warning in OP updated 19/10/23

Options
1127012711272127312741276»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,680 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

The nations displaying the most outrage of a Hamas leader being killed are Russia and China.

Strange bedfellows for lads here banging on about Human Rights.

I wonder what human rights Hamas and Fatah grant their own citizens?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,680 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

You tell us then, why did the Arabs reject the UN resolution 181(II) and attack Israel multiple times?

You are either for international law or not. But it seems you agree with the Pan Arab alliance on this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭thatsdaft

You and that poster with the Trump name keep trying draw parallels with Ukraine but in the process all you do is debase the Palestinian cause and parrot Putin’s talking points (the same Kremlin that sent death squads and missiles to kill zelensky but failed, so there’s also hypocrisy sprinkled in as usual)

Ukraine/ Russia conflict is nothing like this clusterf**k in Middle East, nothing. Ukranians didn’t respond to an unprovoked attack on them by levelling whole cities despite being of range of both Belgorod and Donetsk, they uphold international laws and try to get help from allies

Perhaps pause for a minute and consider that if your are agreeing with Iranians and Russians that it might be you who is in the wrong about things

And notice how I said nothing about Israelis, they unleashed hell precisely because the terrorist killed today unleashed the largest terrorist attack on civilisation since 9/11, what they done to Gaza is wrong on so many levels, but no amounts of far left whataboutery and regurgitation of Kremlins lines would make HAMAS and their leaders right

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,781 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Haha, yeah maybe you should consider that you are the one acting exactly like the Russians and Iranians, only you're being a hypocrite about it too :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

We don't know how many are dead and it's a complete guesstimate how many members Hamas has. The vast majority killed are not members of Hamas.

• Advertisement

You are ignoring the actual findings of the UNSCOp. Take your ignorance somewhere else at this stage.

Predates the 1920s too. You don't know half of what you think you do

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Also given that 15k of those killed are children it's a bit fanciful by even the most ardent pro israeli posters to claim the vast majority of hamas militants have been killed. And this after 10 months of bombing Gaza.

To be honest the strike on the Hamas leader was a good deflection from the news today of another soldiers indicted for abusing palestinain prisoners. What is that 10 now?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,464 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Bibi to speak to the Israeli nation tonight probably usual sh1te.

Lots of airlines canceling flights to the Lebanon now

USA issues a no not travel notice to Lebanon.

Think we're going to need another thread soon enough.

Dark times, more civilians are going to pay the price for a situation they didn't create.

All Eyes On Rafah

The establishment of Israel went against all of the then very young UNs laws and violated in many ways the declaration of human rights.

It was done because the USA strong armed countries that were in record of being against it and the UK abstained because they were in record of knowing it to be both morally wrong and legally questionable. But you were told all this months ago, given links to academic research, given research by the some of the foremost experts on both UN law and the middle east and you basically went nahanahanaha I'm not listening

• Registered Users Posts: 23,734 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Israel is there now. Unless you think the country will be dis-established we have to deal in reality instead of looking back with what ifs.

Most want a two state solution but the Palestinians would also have to accept it and their leaders need to stop aping Iran and calling for Israel to be wiped off the map. And Israel needs to accept it too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,798 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

• Registered Users Posts: 16,798 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Except you don't really believe in international law either- rather you have a la carte approach to its application. Your attitude to the ICJ ruling on the West Bank confirms it. You also don't agree with the seeking of arrest warrants for Bibi and Gallant. No doubt the prosecutor is bias. You have no such reservations when it comes to its rulings on Russia though . So you clearly are not for international law and its implementation when it suits Marko.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭PeggyShippen

Great thread guys. Alot of good points. It was some day for the Shin Bet and Mossad . I'm military myself...to get near Haniyeh and mamage to kill him in one single room with a pinpoint munition. Unbelievable stuff amd it's whatever Israelis do best. The amount of undercover stuff and planning would have been huge. Iran look terribly weak.

Overall Israels campaign in Gaza from a purely military point of view is a success so far aswell. It's 1 militant for 1 or 1.5 civilians. The Americans in Falujah was 1 to 5 I think. Now there ll be no exit. (They ll cut the gaza strip in half now for good i would say.. check points right in the middle).It's no good to the kids that are dead or injured but imagine the Russians in Gaza.. Id say there'd be 250,000 dead at least. They don't give a fiddlers.. look what they did in Syria.. and yet there wasn't much talk about it in Ireland .

Iran amd Hizbollah will try something big. Hizbollah seem to have gone 'soft '. They don't want an escalation. America have an aircraft carrier group off Bierut and the UK have a massive base in Cyprus..RAF Akrotiri so the next few days will be interesting. My thoughts are another barrage of largely ineffectual rockets and drones . Good 2 days for Israels military

Support 🇮🇱 Israel

NYT reporting that Iran is preparing to strike Israel.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,689 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Have you just accidentally admitted your gripe goes all the way back to Israels very existence?

Just random unrelated factoids then? Saying its formation was a breach of UN and human rights was a sentence lol.

I

Im very well aware of that, but markodaly doesn't get away with lies and half truths and dress them up as the facts of what actually happened. The details of what happened at UNSCOp and before it are fundamental in understanding everything that has happened since.

Maybe go look at the UNSCOp meeting minutes then

Maybe have a read of the very detailed research posted back here back in January or February.

Maybe learn how it completely contravened the UN declaration on human rights which was set only months eaelier

You are yet again adding no substance here. Trying to claim things that are not being said and just showing yourself to be completely ignorant of it all.

• Advertisement

So you are immediately back to griping about Israels very existence.

Standard bonus personal insults thrown in.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Gerrymandering reborn

No surprise seeing all the Muslim countries being upset at the death of a leader of a terrorist organization.

If they actually cared about the plight of the Palestinians, the many Islamic countries in the Middle East would have offered refuge to the Palestinians.

Anyways war is horrible, the sooner it ends the better

Im not moaning about their existence. Keep trying to attribute something I have not said . You appear to have a problem comprehending what I've actually said or youre deliberately trying to twist it

Its not personal. All you have it sarcastic quips and deliberately trying to twist the words of posters .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭Ardent

I don't know what's more embarrassing. The ease with which Haniyeh was killed in Tehran or this "response" from Iran. Reads like a scared, face-saving token gesture.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭PeggyShippen

I dont agree that the sooner it ends the better. There has to be a resolution and an end to Irans funding if its proxies. The sooner Iran is faced up to the better. They are a cancer. I think the Israeli end game is provoke Iran into an escalation and then try and get the Americans and British in and then go for Irans nuclear facilities.. bombing the place to bits.

Correct on the other Arab states mourning Haneyeh..all crocodile tears. They should offer to take in All the Palestinian Arabs between the 5 or 6 of them and leave the place to the Israelies. The Palestinians are holding everyone back from making the middle east a success. They rejected a large country in 48 ...they ve rejected all offers of a state. Now it's off the table. There ll be no Palestine. No chance with the settlers in the West Bank...They can blame the person looking at them in the mirror every morning whilst they brush their teeth.

Support 🇮🇱 Israel

How could they not reject it. They were not at the table as part of the UNSCOp talks. Would you accept being forcibly removed from your land

Your proposal for other Arab states should take them is dangerously reminiscent of what was being proposed in the 1930s but we're not allowed say that I guess.

Israel has illegally occupied land that it should be kicked off and made pay for the rebuilding of gaza and every single home in the west bank it has demolished.

Advertisement