Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,771 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Des Cahill has been particularly annoying lately with his preview videos and selfies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭Bobson Dugnutt

He was at a Galway hurling county final a few years back and sat down in front of my father, my uncle and myself. They are both very mild-mannered men, but his constant gurning, recording instagram videos and asking people around him for comment was really really annoying. We had to move at half time as my uncle was going to call him a bollocks.

Dessie Des Cahill is the sort of lad you meet a lot of in suburban Dublin boozers. Guffawing, lager drinker, Just for Men hair dye, mad for the crack and the sports banter. The sort that should be avoided at all costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭brokenbad

Storm Keating - another one of those permanent mouth open / fake surprise look vacuous Z listers…

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

he’s the perfect reason to take up smoking, as soon as he joins your company, you disappear out to the smoking area!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭gym_imposter

Olympic diver Tom Daley

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Dano650

I say there has been a few lads at matches that have told him to shut it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,771 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

He actually held a raffle amongst his panellists during Sunday's live broadcast to see who would go for the coffees, because he's such a gas man don't you know.

Painful stuff.

Pink shirt, sports jacket, mustard chinos, Dubarry deck shoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Jack Daw

Tim Brannigan who I was blissfully unaware of up until a couple of months ago where he now regularly pops up constantly on twitter having a go at "fascists" and the "far right" , which is fair enough I guess until I looked him up and saw he was in prison for storing guns and explosives for the Provos so what right has he got to get on his high horse about anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Vogue Williams. A "model and media personality", according to Wiki. I had to google her, as I had no idea what she did. She seems to never be off the telly, even on the UK channels, flogging washing powder. Now; she may well be an okay-ish person. But I view her in the same way I view that tuneless gobs***e Morrissey; that is, not very highly. She also comes across as smug, and someone who thinks their s**t smells sweeter than most. And what is that accent? Posh Irish?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,548 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I’ve been calling her Vague Williams… because why she is known is quite a vague situation….

She is literally everywhere, using her kid to flog fairy…. Her and family flogging themselves in womans and ‘lifestyle’ magazines……

At least Morrissey writes, creates and performs…he might not be to peoples taste but he works at / for success…going on a 40 year career.

Vague just, turns up, talks about her family, promotes products and… till the next time…wash rinse…repeat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,634 ✭✭✭StevenToast

If there was a profile picture for this thread, it would be a duck faced selfie of Vogue Williams....

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

Vogue Williams is a highly successful woman with a podcast, live shows, books, influencer strings to her bow. Coining it. That really seems to annoy and irritate some folks. They should maybe see what she has done to become so successful and incorporate some of the learnings into their own life. Well done and more power to her I say. Seems to piss off exactly the right sort of folks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,634 ✭✭✭StevenToast

I could say the exact same bullshìt about Joe Brolly....

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Quelle surprise. Exactly the left sort of folk are here to defend her.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭wazzzledazzle

Are we talking about this same charming lady?

Vogue went on: “We were just like, ‘Oh, okay dude, that’s okay,’ and so anyway when he realised he was being an absolute t**t, he looked at me with a newborn baby and the two kids beside me, he was like ‘Okay, fine, fine I’ll do it.’

“Then literally the air hostess came down and I asked her ‘Would you have another aisle seat for this f***** particular piece of s*** over here?’”

She accused that the man of being “awful” and Spencer added: “He was rubbish.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,550 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

The cow at work …. Jumped up bosses pet ……

😣

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Yes; that's all true. But he can't sing to save his life. A bit of a drawback for a singer. Marr has always been seen as the most talented one in the Smiths. Plus; he seems to think it's his place to lecture us about how we live our lives, particularly what we eat. I'll decide what I choose to eat, thanks very much.

rant over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭pgj2015

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,203 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Every post on the thread should be like this. That's what the OP asked for.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,060 ✭✭✭NeinNeinNein

….

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Simone Biles, the American gymnast. I just can't see why everyone loves her.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭The Moist Buddha

the insta huns at the Galway Races

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

The Vogue Williams internment saga was a peculiar one.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Angeleena

Agreed.

I can't stand her.

She is the least graceful artistic gymnast and yet constantly wins due to big powerful tumbling but the sport should be about more than just that.

She is big headed, egotistical and constantly wearing GOAT symbols on her leotard and a chain … well pride comes before a fall.

She is 27 and is engaging in a social media petty bullying feud against some other gymnast (Skinner?). Good God at her age she really should know better and I certainly don't want kids to look up to that kind of behaviour as a role model.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Angeleena

Again agree.

While I detest the Russians for the war in Ukraine and agree with the sports ban, there may have been one gymnast who could beat her.

Biles is only happy when she wins. She acts like a spoiled brat when she doesn't get what she wants. She complained on Twitter/Instagram about not getting a score she wanted even though she still won.

https://x.com/Simone_Biles/status/1179122044887285764?s=20&ref=popsugar.com&=__psv__p_46725230__t_w__r_www.google.com%2F

Add to "I can't stand list" is fellow American gymnast Jordan Chiles. Her mother, Gina Chiles, stole more than a million from pensioners, paid for her daughters coaching fees (same gym as Simone Biles). Jordan has made a million from gymnastics so don't you think that she would pay something towards her mothers victims? Nah she buys her parents a house.

Both these gymnasts decided to comment on the whole "Black Girl didn't get a medal due to racism in Ireland" without even bothering to check the facts. The mistake was corrected on the day. I honestly don't understand how such a simple mistake which was corrected and apologised for, turned into such a media sh!t storm with disgraceful and anti-Irish racist behaviour from the child's parents, the "broadsheet" media and especially the vicious cesspit that is social attacking - I mean "media".

Jordan Chiles with her family's criminal background isn't one to lecture anyone. She needs to get down off her high horse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,476 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

the other girl had a pop online at bile's teammates. Biles responded in defence of her teammates.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,394 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Shane Coleman newstalk.

Don't know why but I just feel he talks bit of guff.

He be on about going for walks or watching Bohs, or some restartunt he been in.

Just all feels bit fake for me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement