Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2024 **No Ticket Sales / Requests** - Waiting in line, terrible time, over familiar

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

ATN spoiler. EP last acts soon to be announced. Tickets for 2025 on sale shortly, possibly next week before ATN start flogging their early birds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Ah yeah, was bit a little tounge in cheek about it. There is no wow band on the ATN lineip for me (most acrs ll see will be for 2nd,3rd etc time) but enough to keep me pretty entertained.

Ive no doubt EP will give me a pretty full weekend also

• Subscribers Posts: 41,644 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Forest fest shouldnt be even breathed in the same realm as EP or ATN, or even BTP to be fair.

its a <5000 capacity festival on a couple of GAA pitches. It is absolutely curated to a target audience, and is successful for this. Both last year and this year were very obviously targeted at the 35-65 age bracket, wanting to relive some of their 80s and 90's musical influences. its not targeted to "catch all" to the degree Ep and ATN have to to sell capacity.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Fanirish

did the Ryan tubridy scandal not inform you about barter accounts, today fm give festival republic blocks of adverts in exchange for today fm trading them at a discount for electric picnic tickets for on air competitions.
    festival republic get hours of direct and indirect advertising for essentially no cost and it helps build up hype as number 1 summer festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Dutchy

Working in the industry and these ads have nothing to to do with the London based barter agencies (be it Astus, Active or Miroma). These are good old fashioned direct contra agreements with the festival promoter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Joekers

Festivals in Ireland are on the road to extinction due to greedy promoters and the Irish people's willingness to pay anything but still give out about it at the same time.

There was a time.. The gigs in Anne's Park, Fairview Park, Trinity etc they were artists who would have been on a festival line up.

For whatever reason now they are broken up and we are paying 30, 40, 50.. But we still pay it..

Promoters have copped on and we are suffering for it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

Between EP, ATN and BTP this year i'd still only manage an ok festival lineup. Enough to keep me occupied but nothing to be excited about. Slim pickings all round.

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

as reiterated before the festivals in ireland aren’t generating obscene profits. Electric picnic and ATN lost millions upon millions in its first few years. Electric picnic probably generates between €20m -€30m and its profit ratio is in the 5-10% range even with every possible sponsorship going. A decent return but they aren’t making out like bandits.
    A lot of those artists doing summer shows were specifically touring headline shows like air and manics/suede so it’s not like they would have been an option or they played festivals here last summer so that rules them out for next or they are touring elsewhere.

It's a poor reflection if they're the biggest selling points of the festival though.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Davysulls86

But its all subjective.

We're getting older. We used to be with it. Now what we're with isn't it, and what's it is weird and scary.

The fact remains is Ireland is a small market in the scheme of things. The country has the population of a large city and there is a huge number of concerts on every year here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭Genghis

Loyalty registration for 2025(29 Aug-31 Aug) is now open. No great surprise, but some relief all the same to know we are going back to the original weekend.

https://www.electricpicnic.ie/loyalty/

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Gary_dunne

• Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I'm in the same position. No one wants the campervan ticket at all. Very frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Kennytheboy

Hopefully there might be more interest if the next announcement is any good. Not holding my breath though. Crazy difference from previous years.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭dav09

I think maybe women in their early 20's might enjoy the main bulk of the lineup, Noah, Gerry, Kodaline, Teddy Swims, Tom Gernnan, Raye and Kylie is also on a big re-emergence, along with pleasing some of the older crowds. Calvin Harris even though very poor live and miles passed it will be enjoyed by some.

For me overall across the board it's fairly poor still, very little stand out bookings on many stages. I'm up to 15 on the list now, which is about half of what it usually is, mostly consisting of Irish acts that've I've seen many times before. I'm hoping maybe there might be another 5 that I like to be added and might find one or two more going through playlists to make it worth going, and also enjoy wandering Croi, Trenchdown, SD area, etc and always find a few more there randomly throughout. Another thing is repeat bookings, there's one act playing 5 times I believe (multiple alias') and a good few more booked 2 or 3 times, I know that's usually the case but it seems excessive this year. If you're mid twenties and up and not into mediocre pop music or smaller Irish artists which is surely a big bulk of the demographic I can't see how it's very appealing especially in contrast to 3 or 4 festivals ago. Am hopeful tomorrow's (expected) announcement is generous.

Another act I haven't seen mentioned is Artemas. I'm not really into but surely by the logic by some people here he should be promoted to headliner on the final poster from tier 4 going off radio plays/36mn monthly Spofity steams having blown up in the past few months? Although hasn't played here before I believe.

Post edited by dav09 on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭boomdocker

There were issues last year with over capacity for some reason

Late comers in campers and caravans ended up in one of the car parks if I recall.

I measured it on mapping software I use for work - previous camper area was ~20 acres, this years is almost 100 😯 - so in theory 5 times the amount of camper tickets?

On the plus side, it's much closer to the main arena

Also the family camper area (which I have been in) has been moved and is bit smaller than previous years

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

It’s a good change, win win for everyone.

Bring the campers closer to the arena as those punters make the journey several times per day, this also means you can have a designated road in for campers.

Then use the old camper field as a car park, this brings thousands of cars closer to the campsites, especially for Hendrix and everything west, it was bad enough in the old days when you could cut through the forest for Hendrix, but for the last few years this short cut has been closed off and they make you walk right around the forest.

Post edited by Fatfrog on

The past two years the general camping situation has been fairly dreadful if you're arriving early Friday eve, last year we got somewhat lucky they opened an overflow 'Ginsberg' campsite since every campsite was packed but looks like that's removed this year now. The year before was even worse since there was no room people were camping in the fire/health and safety pathways, feels like the attendance numbers have grown but the space for camping hasn't as much as it should comparatively, hope that's different this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

If ‘with it’ is Gerry Cinnamon, Kodaline and Noah Kahan then that test has been spectacularly failed in this parish.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭thebronze14

Think i have my final list if there's no clashes. No absolutely must sees either if I miss any to be honest. Kylie, Gerry, Kasabian, Waterboys, Wolfe Tones, Peggy Gou, Faithless, Kneecap, Teskey Bros, Newdad, the Scratch, Thee Sacred Souls, Post Punk Podge, the pale, fangclub, villagers, Bambie thug, Loreen, the Nilzs, the year grunge broke, melts, stranglers, Sophie Ellis Bextor, putius pilot and the nail drivers, TCM, CMAT. Again plenty of them I can take or leave

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 suec8451

If anyone has a family ticket that they are not using (as in not going to the family campsite) would you please consider swapping for a general ticket as i could only get 1 family ticket and im bringing my kids so would really like to go to the family campsite? Would transfer through ticketmaster transfer.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭Mucker46

If like radiohead add karma police on Survivor stage Sunday

EP app on android seems to be live now with most artists added and seems to be being updated still, it's getting close now.

That's piss poor really isn't it? No reflection on your taste but that this is the best you can eke out.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭thebronze14

Yeah. If this weren't on there's only two or three I would listen to with any regularity. Will make the most anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭rockterrain

100%. Many of these acts appear in festivals in other countries. The public has shown to accept mediocrity in our festival line-ups here and the promoters have been lapping this up booking in these festival acts as standalone gigs. Looked to have backfired a bit this year however with many summer gigs not selling out.

nearly all those acts who played fairview, st Anne’s, trinity, iveagh etc in recent years have played either EP, FF or ATN here in the last few years. Maybe a handful haven’t and said before it’s the bands/agent decision as to play festivals or headline shows in the summer here

• Registered Users Posts: 28,200 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Just had a look at it there now, I'd say there's a lot more acts to be added. Seems to be nobody for Terminus besides Hannah Laing and she might not even be in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭Mucker46

12 acts on poster for terminus. Not all acts on app yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭patch

I'm liking this talk of additional caravan space nearer the arena and will be interested in hearing feedback on how it goes. Might be very cost affective vs our usual pink moon.

Advertisement