Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deadpool & Wolverine - *spoilers from post 183*

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,162 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I missed the wailing noise they make in the cartoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

I would have been stoked if they brought back Taylor Kitsch rather then Channing Tatum as Gambit, that was the one cameo I wasn't sure of still funny though.

Also thought T.J. Miller's Weasel might have been in it even as a small cameo at the birthday. But think there is no mending that falling out.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,695 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

WaWaiting for end credit scene

That was hilarious.

Need a Gambit movie

• Advertisement

Is there a Gambit scene end credit, I thought Chris Evans foul mouth was the only end scene

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

i was probably too rushed writing that..

the film was hilarious. I would love to see a Gambit movie..

end scene arrives with the Chris Evans foul mouth… also hilarious.

https://x.com/channingtatum/status/1818120187637612599

(Sorry I do not know why not showing up)

These pictures are almost 10 years apart to the day. I sat in the audience when Ryan Reynolds showed his first peek of Deadpool 1 to the world and I think I ran back stage right after and found him and I think I just hugged him and was like holy **** you did it man. It’s perfect. I didn’t know him really at all back then. But since then I can say that there is almost no one that has had my back in this industry more than @VancityReynolds. I thought I had lost Gambit forever. But he fought for me and Gambit. I will owe him probably forever. Cause I’m not sure how I could ever do something that would be equal to what this has meant to me. I love ya buddy. @ShawnLevyDirect as well. Truly such a brilliant creator on every single level. All things happen for a reason. I’m so grateful to be in this movie. It’s a masterpiece in my opinion. And just pure bad ass joy. I was literally screaming in the theater. LFG!! #deadpoolandwolverine

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,427 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Don't think I've seen so many clips from the cinema as scenes from this. Busy times for the copyright folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

• Registered Users Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭accensi0n

• Registered Users Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sprucemoose

hes great in Death at a Funeral too, one of those terrible but great movies - the american remake is just terrible though apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Apothic_Red

Had to find my old Boards login to post about this.

That was just glorious, well done everyone involved, when I look up entertainment in a dictionary I want to see a pic of this films poster.

4.99/5

Not only was Ryan's missus Blake Ladypool but his kids were Babypool and Kidpool

If only Quill had a cameo, then a dance off

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

You mean you haven’t seen Not another teen movie?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,696 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I wonder is there a directors cut to come with more cameos at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,949 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I feel there will be, if only to release more cameos and still leave Rob mcelhenney on the editing room floor

• Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Saw this last night and it's OK. Passes two hours and then you forget about it.

Never been a huge Marvel fan. I've watched them, enjoy some of them but then forget about them. They never really have a lasting impact on you and i feel the same here.

I wouldn't agree with Donald Clarke's one star rating but I can understand why he gave it.

Yes, there are some funny moments, I enjoyed "Nicepool" and his "The Proposal" fourth wall break gave me the biggest laugh of the whole movie, but the film lacks complete tension due to the invincibility of the characters and you don't really care what happens or really care about the characters.

For me the humour is too American/smart arse, fast witted and lacks subtlety and intelligence most of the time. Wolverine was also just swearing for the effect of it too.

This is doing gangbusters at box office as it attracts a certain type of cinema goer but ultimately it's a 2 hour fight and smart quip fest with no consequence or longer lasting value.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I love how this series always manages the balancing act of completely gutting movies - while not being bitter or mean-spirited about it either.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,757 ✭✭✭✭klose

Super fun movie and glad I managed to navigate any spoilers coming up to it with cameos etc. Was buzzing seeing Wesley snipes as blade again, the first two blade movies I still love to this day!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,077 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Enjoyed it. I went in expecting it to be pants with some laughs, but it was better than expected. A few of the cameos were spoiled for me and even Ryanker himself spoiled Tatums bit for me. But still enjoyed it. Plenty of in jokes, loads of references to films half the audience probably hasn't seen. Some excellent bait and switch moments, specifically Chris. Blade was an excellent cameo that I did not see coming, and some lovely shade thrown in for good measure (the only one). Wonder how Ali feels about that line! We'll find out in a year or two. Although I will say he doesn't have the bulk for it anymore. Genuinely took me a moment to ensure it was Snipes.

But, and its an issue ive had with most Marvel stuff lately, the film had no purpose. It was pointless. And yes, having 2 immortals fighting is cool for about 5 minutes, but gets boring when the stakes are lost. The TVA story was weak and nothing really happened by the end of it tbh. In fact, the whole thing happens over 3 days so... I'm also not a fan of the humanising part of what is essentially a barely acceptable mass murderer. You can't humanise that. So don't try... but it's the audience to blame there. They seem to want every character humanised, just like the trailer for that Wicked film where the Wicked Witch of the West is actually just a misunderstood woman who was forced to be evil because men. Deadpool doesn't belong in the MCU, unless they make the MCU 18+.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy it was made. Most of it was worth it. Hugh was great in the roles, Ryan was Ryan, the supporting cast of heroes did their jobs well, it was funny for the most part... but I've no idea wherethey want to go next, or even where they can. Most of the cameos were wasted too. Tbh, I was hoping it would be another big end for Deadpool like Logan. Instead, they've just brought Hugh into the MCU.

The last Marvel movie I loved was universally panned, but I loved it because it didn't try to make it realistic. It went with the madness and just carried on. It was the most recent Antman by the way. So I'm guessing I'm not the audience for these films anymore. Nostalgia will only get you so far. Especially if all franchises start to do it.

Advertisement