Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deals On Sky TV Service - (Mostly Cancellation deals)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,267 ✭✭✭CoBo55

No harm in giving it a try, they seem to be playing hard ball lately, but, there's no harm in asking is there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,270 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Dont know what it's like these days but a few years ago if you rang in after being cut off you were regarded as a returning customer and had offers available that weren't there before cut off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

Package gone to 210 this month, I'll be cancelling this week.

😱😱 What in god's name are you getting to amount to 210 blips???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

All movies, all sports, tv/broadband and 1 multi roomsubscription. It was 155 for the last good while, I must have dropped out of contract

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Qprmeath

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭DermoMIO

Rang them yesterday to play the game for the parents Stream subscription which is ending this month, managed to get the new customer offer for it last year when they moved house despite being an exciting customer. This may have black marked the account as I got offered a measly €5 discount and no follow up offer just straight up cancel. Also disappointing to see they have outsourced their call centre to India

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,270 ✭✭✭✭muffler

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭eddieoregan

so this is why Sky Sports keeps increasing their prices every year to show the same programme on 3 channels 😒

You must be using a dodgy box, nice looking EPG in fairness, some look terrible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭eddieoregan

You changed the colour? Oh, just twigged it's your favourites area which would account for the low numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭cathy427

Has anyone gotten the sky essentials ("lite") offer recently or have they dropped that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 295 ✭✭tomfoolery60

They gave me nothing and I've sent the box back. Some nonsense about offers not being available so I should ring back later but I told them to cancel. They never called or sent me an offer, should have done this a year ago.

I don't think they call anymore. Had you rang back when you still had the box but the service had finished they'd have made you an offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭cathy427

My discounted offer ends in a few weeks and I have missed two calls from them in last few days - be interesting to see if its an offer to sign up for another year at a discount or just offering a deal on sports/movies.

I am still on hd+ so they might be pushing the sky q.

The calls are only to push sports, they weren't interested in discussing anything else. I'm definitely detecting a hardening of attitude in Sky they don't seem to be as willing to haggle. I'd say they'll try and push that sky stream on to you instead of Q

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 295 ✭✭tomfoolery60

The agent said he would call me the next day but didn't. I've a mate paying a tenner or something like that (don't know full details). Doesn't sound like that offer is available to anyone these days?

They were offering me like nearly 40 quid a month for normal sky Q no sports hd or anything. I would certainly have stayed for a tenner because Freesat is an investment.

I used to watch a lot of sky Atlantic but not in well over a year, probably one or two shows the last year. Best value thing I got from my subscription was a few months free Apple TV+. Glad to be rid of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭jelutong

I'm with Sky almost 24 years. Currently paying €44 pm for Entertainment package. Contract coming to an end next month. Rang to cancel. Got an offer of €26.40 pm for 12 months which I took.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Qprmeath

Got this deal today.
    Told them I wanted to cancel tv

€104.00

Sky signature
    Sky Ultimate TV add on
    Sky cinema
    Sky HD
    Sky UHD
    And Sky broadband

Also includes Netflix

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Butson

Was on the Broadband, Stream and Netflix offer of €50 p/m.

Going up to €105 p/m. Rang to cancel, just let it go through with no attempt to haggle.

Strange.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Rang up for the father in law as he is paying €95 a month for basic broadband and sky signature. Offered a fiver discount to sign a new contract!

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Stewball

I noticed this year all their sports upgrades are tying you in to a 12-month Sky Entertainment contract.

That wasn't the case last year, if you only added Sky Sports.

Originally the rule was when you first signed up to something extra, say movies, it started a new 12 month contract, if you removed it later and then got it back it was treated as an add on without starting a new contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Had the similar a couple of months ago, they offered something like 80 for 6 months and then 105 for the remainder. Told them I could just switch to Virgin for their 50 p/m and only thing that would make me stay is 55 p/m to save me the hassle of switching. They said no and I said grand so talk to you in 12 months time then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Contract up in 2 weeks so just gave them a call. Deal ending bringing it up to 80 quid.

Signature, HD, Multiroom.

Just said 31 days notice, deal is ending, too expensive.

Got half price for the year. HD goes up a fiver after 6 months so technically not for the year. Up to 45 for the second 6 months.

Better than 80 anyway.

Quick enough call about 10 mins, no back and forth haggling just straight to the deal.

Call center in India now. In the nicest way possible it was torture. Couldn't understand a word she was saying bar the 40 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭jonnreeks

If I just get Sky Q + TV Entertainment/Signature is it €25 or €30 ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Normal price for Sky Q with Signature is 49 Euro. (That's out of contract without any deals)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭jonnreeks

I got through to a section with Sky, called Sky Loyalties and I was eventually offered Sky Q for €26.40 after our discussion about being an existing loyal customer to Sky over the years. The €25 or €30 is an offer for new customers taking out the Sky Q. I was told that the Sky Q will eventually be phased out over the next 5 years due to the efibre progression which too be honest is too be expected but Sky Q is a viable product for those with a dish still, so no worries yet.

I could have gone for one of the current new Sky stream deals, as I have a suitable efibre connection, but the hassle of changing to be a new customer was not worth the hassle.

By the by, I am an existing sky customer with an old legacy connection and was looking to upgrade to the Sky Q. I spoke with a Sky salesperson at one of their stands recently who advised me how to approach the call centre and by pass the first attempt to lure you in.

It worked. 😀

Advertisement