Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hamas strike on Israel - Threadbans in op - mod warning in OP updated 19/10/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Neither in Language nor ethnicity. Many ignorant people don't realise that though. They just have a generic idea of lads sitting around a campfire in the desert with AK47's and plotting death to the Infidel

• Registered Users Posts: 45,525 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Lol, it was a well thought out post. Typed with a forehead.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,710 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Compared to the repeated posts of "look at the history only I truly understand" and "dead children" theres not much room for discussion unless its to pile on Israel. It was covered yesterday Weepsies issues go back to the states founding.

It'd be expecting daily discussion in the Trump/FG/Gangland/Refugee thread. Its good to pop in and check the new narrative but daily, theres better to be doing.

But cheers anyway. That was still not much variety.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,099 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

like how israel hammered them in 2006 even though israel got their arses handed to them?

between gaza and hesbala and iran america and britain aren't going to be able to provide israel with sufficient weaponry and aid this time, especially while correctly helping ukrain and their own stocks are low.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

israel doesn't need to go anywhere, it just needs to get back within it's borders and actually behave like the state it claims to be.
    israel don't have enough nukes to nuke all those cities and those countries have enough cheap equipment to cause similar if not more damage to israel in return.
    you have also got russia and china who may want to protect their middle east allies.
    actually apparently support for israel among younger americans is not anywhere near as high as it is among older americans, so i wouldn't be sure of continued unquestioned american backing for israel going forward through the decades.
    interesting times ahead for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭thatsdaft

Any discussion is hijacked by those who can not comprehend that in this clusterf**k there is no good and bad guys and both sides are worse than each other.

That’s when not busy constructing elaborate whataboutism involving mental gymnastics or constructing strawmen scenarios (as if reality is not daft enough)

… or defending and shedding tears for absolute evil scum (may they rot in hell) whose only accomplishment is to pour oil into the fire

• Registered Users Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭Rezident

If you have ever been to the Palestinian territories (and most of you have not and clearly do not know what you are talking about), you would know that the children in the streets play a game called 'Arabs and Jews'. Even the Palestinians don't identify as 'Palestinians', they identify as Arabs, part of the 450m Arabs in the region, many of whom are hellbent on killing all the Jews. Why don't the kids play 'Palestinians and Jews'.

'Palestine' is just the sharp edge of the Arab stick to kill all Jews at any cost, even, and often preferably, at the cost of their own women and children instead of the "men" who hide underground in their billion dollar tunnels (that's where the money Ireland gives them goes) and who hide behind women and children human shields. And Irish people support that. Because it's exactly the same as Northern Ireland isn't it?

That is all this is about and all it was ever about. There is no 'Palestine'. When was Palestine founded? Where is Palestine? What is the capital of Palestine? What does Palestine stand for, other than hating and killing Jews?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,103 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

When kids are being killed then that will dominate the discussion. Or when soldiers are sexually assaulting prisoners. It's not like the killings have stopped so of course they are going to be discussed. Maybe if Israel stopped doing these things we would stop discussing it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,568 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

No it wasn't. Now you're just lying.

And there's been no claims of anyone being the only person to understand, but there's been plenty of corrections to numerous falsehoods being parroted over and over again

And pile in on Israel? Are you the ignorant to the rampant xenophobia, islamophibia and **** on ordinary Palestinians for that to be your take away?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,832 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

A bomb smuggled into a building two months prior in a building supposedly protected by the Guards. It just gets worse for the Iranians.

If the Americans know what Iran is going to do next, then it suggests they have a mole or two in the room where the Ayatollah held the security meeting. Either that or Iran is so desperate to avoid a war that someone is leaking the discussions to the Americans so they can minimise the threat to Israel. The Iranians are trying to look strong to a domestic audience while behind the scenes likely doing all they can to avoid a full scale war. If you notice too Nasrallah in his rant didn't mention all out war, rather a new phase. The reality is if Hezbollah killed the head of the IDF. War would be declared within hours by Israel.

The killing of Haniyeh probably wouldn't have gone ahead if Israel calculated Iran would go to war over it. They know well Iran is desperate to avoid a war. It also proves the nonsense about the leadership being a death cult that craves martyrdom- the leadership are very much pragmatic and into self preservation- otherwise, if the likes of SeanW was right, the Iranians would have gone to war with Israel long before now and welcomed their inevitable destruction as the path to martyrdom. They avoid it because they actually love life more than death.

• Advertisement

no, he simply recognises that regardless of his feelings on the iranian regime, they have a right and a duty to defend against israel's aggression and expansionism.

• Registered Users Posts: 52,005 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Ah the dead children really get to you. 17,000 little broken bodies that the Israeli supporters can't get past. They hate the mention of them because they know how awful it looks for the regions only Democracy. Maybe they're only Muslims and human animals to others to some but they were innocent children and their deaths matter.

I think you have to put it into airquotes to keep some people happy - "dead children".

2 utterly predictable responses.

How often do you guys want me to post here so that ye can respond identically again? Ye get really upset and it gets to ye if I dont.

I'm happy posting when something relevant (like Haniyeh death) happens but it seems daily posts are required.

Deleted. Not taking bait, shouldn't have in the first place.

What was predictable in my post. You have claimed at least 3 times have said something I didn't

That's the only thing predictable and then you say not taking the bait when you're the one trying to bait.

I completely disagree with almost everything markodaly says but he at least tries to put across a point. You dont ever do that though

Sarcastic quips and that's and then try the bait and switch and act like it's everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

Not my words, but those of Dawoud El Alami on his rebuttal to Dan Cohn-Sherbok on his suggestion that all neighbouring countries should take in Palestinian refugees.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

I'm out too bud.

I'm in the John Mearsheimer camp of thinking when he said any criticism of Israel is met with cries of antisemitism or being a Hamas defender. Mainly cause any hard questions regarding the foundation of the state of Israel require facing some extremely uncomfortable truths.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Odhinn

• Advertisement

More bad news for Gaza -

https://www.rte.ie/news/world/2024/0731/1462751-un-israel/

The head of the World Health Organization has said that polio has been detected in Gaza and warned that children in the war-ravaged enclave would soon be infected by the disease if preventative measures were not quickly taken.

A day after the WHO said there were "very likely" polio cases among Gaza's population, Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus took to social media to flag concern about the human cost of the conflict between Israel and Hamas.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,461 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Difficult now to see Gaza getting much attention for the next few months. I detect more interest from the establishment in the one millionth opinion poll in a swing state in America than they are in Gaza now. And that election isn't for 3 months.

It is important to see the likes of the below being broadcast to US audiences

• Registered Users Posts: 16,832 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

What kind of nonsense is this. Three people saw fit to thank this scutter ,yet would be bucking if such bile was displayed towards Israelis.The hypocrisy of it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,717 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

I never said that the ad hoc committee were coming to the table with a one state solution. They had got the delegation to agree in part to be part of the still ongoing and not yet finalised UNSCOP deliberations at that point. They were told it's too late, this is the plan. Do you not understand what compromise means. You seem to be having a hard time understanding a lot of what you read so maybe you don't.

My read is that the Arab delegation fucked up, and tried to rescue the situation half-heartedly but it was too late. It was their own fault tbh.

I have no idea what your favoured outcome is. It seems you don't have one, as you refuse to nail your colours to the mast.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭thereiver

It makes no sense to assassinate the leaders of Hamas while pretending to negotiate a ceasefire with Hamas .Bibi wants to provoke more attacks on Israel so he can have an excuse to attack Iran and bomb the military research facilities that are involved in building nuclear weapons . Meanwhile the idf continues to bomb buildings that house civilians and children

Bibi knows he can depend on support and supply of weapons and bombs from America as Biden cannot afford to lose the Jewish vote in the upcoming presidential election

To quote the poet a house divided cannot stand

Israel is fractured between civilians who want peace. Extreme conservative politicians orthodox Jews who do not serve in the army and Arabs, Muslims who live in Israel

Eventually Bibi will be voted out and maybe will be replaced by a more moderate political party so at some point Palestinians will regain control of gaza even if most of it is rubble and bombed out buildings

The UK will probably vote to stop selling weapons to Israel and more countrys will probably do the same

• Registered Users Posts: 14,717 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

"look at the history only I truly understand

+1000

When looking at and discussing the history, there is a bit of 'Wizard of Oz' trick at play in the narrative

I referenced numerous articles, but apparently, they are all wrong, but some professor somewhere is the gold standard we should all interpret in the same way.

The ultimate irony is that the original plan, devised by the UNSCOP, and accepted by the UN under resolution 181(II) was a 2 state solution.

This is the official proposed solution our state, Ireland, has to the conflict, along with the US, the EU and most other countries.

Most here agree on that solution, like myself.

Yet when we talk about 1947, and the partition of Palestine into two 2 states…. things are flipped whereby the one unitary state is the one that should have been put forward and Jewish/Israeli state apparently should never have been created.

There are no colours to nail the mast. Stop trying to bait .

I suggest you do more reading.

You reference wikipedia articles after dismissing detailed research by the foremost experts in UN law and international relations . I think I'll take the editorial board of the Stanford Journal of Internal Law over markodalys wiki snippets

And not once did I say only one state should have been created.

You are lying. You keep moving goalposts and you keep trying to bait.

Post edited by Weepsie on

• Registered Users Posts: 9,482 ✭✭✭weisses

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Balagan1

Have you even read what Michael D wrote? But then you sound like you know less than sweet nothing about Iran. There is a veil drawn over our President's letter by the Irish media which is slow to lift. And to pass it off as being the loose cannon ramblings of an old man is not on. He has been down this shameful and far worse road before. Not only does he clearly care not a fig for Israelis (Jews and Arabs) circled by a ring of Iran-funded fire by Iran's proxies Hamas, Hezbollah and Houthis, but not a toss either for Iranians under the thumb of that foul regime for way too long.. But sure, let him wish it well in its "endeavours" in our name.

Advertisement