Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2024 - General Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,178 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Nice bit of lightning in that front this morning out west.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭mr.stonewall

Was lovely and warm up to 5 mins ago. Turned cold just of a shot. Based just east of Limerick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭dockysher

Absolutely lashing down in Mayo last 2 hours, be lot of flooding on roads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭dockysher

Worst summer in a long time in Mayo, only few hours of sunshine here and there, last year least we got few weeks in May/June.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,458 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Heaviest rain I have seen in Galway in a long time. Expecting the evening to be nice.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭pad199207

Feels tropical out there now as the sun comes out. N Kildare 20°c

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭snowgal

very very warm and humid in Navan….. lovely at the min, but waiting for the onslaught of rain in a while. of course, I didnt dress correctly this morning! Ill be soaked later on

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Banarol

19.4C Mid Tipp. Dry but blustery. Not expecting any thunder in my area, it’s far too blustery.You need near calm conditions for dat in my experience. The forecasted rain should pass through quickly given how windy it is, and it’s a narrow enough band

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

Warm and very windy around Maynooth today. Dry, some sunshine, but expecting rain later.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

With a little sun, 22.5c now in Greystones. Breezy and humid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,441 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Currently 23.6C and warmer outside then in which is rare in an 80's house with rubbish insulation, could cut the air with a knife.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Thunder87

Grey and windy in Dublin, thankfully off to this in Spain for 10 days

• Registered Users Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

1pm 13c Sligo airport , 21c Dublin

Status Yellow - Rain warning for Clare, Kerry, Galway, Mayo

Met Éireann Weather Warning

Heavy rain coupled with strong and gusty southerly winds, especially in exposed areas.

Potential impacts:
    • Localised flooding
    • Damage to temporary structures
    • Difficult travelling conditions
    • Poor visibility

Valid: 20:00 Sunday 04/08/2024 to 12:00 Monday 05/08/2024

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,458 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

The heavy rain has passed and it's warm and sunny in Galway.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,201 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Rain stopped in the last 20 minutes in Galway, much brighter with sun peaking out.

Strong breeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭glightning

That low is impressively huge. Looks like a giant eye wall inside!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,965 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Got very breezy earlier in Waterford before the rain arrived before 3pm. Got quite heavy there for a few about 10 mins ago. Wind had eased and feeling cool enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭aidanodr

That was a great summer ……………………………….. yesterday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Banarol

Most a squib in Mid Tipp for about an hour, then a heavy burst of rain for a few minutes as the front cleared through

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Dodged the front/dry so far today in Greystones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

it’s been warm and sunny in Galway all summer while the rest of us have suffered 2 very poor months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Most of the rain hasn't made it to Dublin just a shower an hour ago ,at least its gonna be a cooler night as temperatures didn't drop below 16c last night where as tonight will be 11c

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭adocholiday

Not too far south of you and we had a fairly wet afternoon, rain on and off since lunchtime around Rathdrum. Tomorrow looks cooler than initially forecast too, 17 rather than 20 that was showing earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

Drizzle for a couple of hours in Lucan from lunchtime, then dried up. Light rain again, and gone very dark since before 6pm. Feeling much cooler this evening, especially with that strong breeze. Fairly miserable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,008 ✭✭✭appledrop

Now in fairness we got a full week of good weather in Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,008 ✭✭✭appledrop

For such a small country our weather is so localised.

I was in Kilkenny today and raining from 12.30 onwards non stop till I left at 4.

I came home and not a drop in North County Dublin all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 orchidkey

Met Eireann ought to issue a public apology and explanation for getting it so wrong, and not for the first time either. There'll be cattle starving and farmers with lost hay going broke trying to bring in extra feed for animals this winter because of their incompetence and refusal to update their hourly forecasts even though we can see the rain on the horizon.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 orchidkey

I've long suspected the hourly graphic and hourly forecast rain functions on the Met Eireann site is generated by computer models with no quality checks by a human.

Why isn't there someone cross referencing their hourly forecasts with radar and making adjustments across locations in real time? They probably don't even have employees that could re-program the hourly forecast rain map to override what the computer says.

A real "because the computer says so" organization.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Dazler97

I see temperatures will be on the rise on Sunday evening heading towards midnight 18c ,I'll definitely be using the fan 👌

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭HBC08

Last summer was a lot worse.

Lovely afternoon and evening here in West Mayo

Advertisement