Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming Fights **Mod note: Keep discussion to fight night threads**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭fitzparker

Tank V Shak

Nov 23rd

Could be a case of it going similar to Haney V Garcia or else Shak will be way to smart to be caught and pick him off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,600 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Biggest puzzle is will it happen..

If happens I can see Shakur running all night till he either loses on points or gets knocked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Butson

Anyone giving Madrimov a chance v Crawford?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,904 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Robert Nairac

• Advertisement

Shakur beats Tank every day a the week….. on fooking Twitter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,908 ✭✭✭Morrison J

1st round of Stevie McKenna and Joe Laws one of the most entertaining rounds you'll ever see. Both down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭megadodge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭megadodge

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭newhouse87

That was most entertaining 3 rounds I have seen in long time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭celt262

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭newhouse87

WHy a stadium fight with only 1 stand open?

Great card in the early hours tonight. Really looking forward to the main event and Bakole-Anderson in particular.

Like how Anderson has paired up with Sugar Hill as his trainer. I rate Bakole but think if you stick him on the backfoot he's fairly limited as shown by Michael Hunter. Think with Sugar Hill in his corner Anderson can pull off something similar and win on points on maybe late stoppage.

Think Crawford-Madrimov will be cagey early with Crawford taking over and winning clear on points. Probably the most difficult fight he could take at 154 to be fair to him.

Also think Valenzuela has a right chance to spring an upset against Isaac Cruz. Should be a very good action fight that.

Andy Cruz looks like a serious talent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Anderson has some chin. I think he is eventually going to stop Bakole by tko or win on points

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

I got that wrong!

I like Valenzuela's chances against Pitbull. He's much taller with a big reach advantage and he's a good mover. Cruz will struggle to get close to him I think. Obviously Cruz could get him out of there but I think it'll be very hard for him to do it.

I have it 4-2 Valenzuela after six. Could be 5-1 but after what the judges did in the last fight you'd never know what they'll do if it goes the distance.

115-113 for me to Valenzuela. Almost all the rounds were pretty easy to score. I gave the last one to Pitbull but it was very close and Valenzuela finished well and could have stole it.

Let's see what the judges do, I have zero confidence in them.

• Advertisement

Valenzuela got it, but it was a split decision, one of the judges gave it 115-113 to Pitbull.

An awesome fight, well worth staying up for. Top ten all-time for me.

Crawford got it by unanimous decision and I had it 115-113 but it was the toughest test Crawford has ever had.

Didn’t pay for card. Is it worth watching?

Just watched it. Crawford was v good but definitely struggled at times with Madrimov's style and took a lot more clean shots than usual. Close fight but Crawford definitely pulled away in the last few rounds to win clear.

Feels very likely to happen but I really don't need to see Crawford v Canelo. Will be an absolute mismatch.

Yeah, Cancelo is done, he's nothing like the fighter he used to be.

Just seen this in the Guardian 'The crowd booed the result and again when Valenzuela was interviewed afterwards, having seen Cruz live up to his “Pitbull” nickname to leave Valenzuela consistently backpedaling for most of the bout.'

Whoever wrote that didn't even see the fight. Pitbull spent more time backing up than Valenzuela.

Nah I'm going the other way. 168 is far too big of a jump for Crawford to face an elite fighter. I don't think it's a competitive fight. Canelo would be able to do whatever he likes with him.

I knew what way you meant.

I’m kinda leaning with Crawford. The weight and size I don’t think will be as big a factor as people think. Canelo is short, not that naturally big at 168, and isn’t a fighter that uses his size and weight really. Only difference is one shot punch power, and if Crawford can stay in it, he has the tools and brilliant versatility to win

Post edited by walshb on

Id definitely suggest watching the Madrimov fight first. Crawford looks like a fighter who is maxed out at 154. Not letting his hands go as freely and much more wary of what's coming back. Caught a lot more than usual too. Madrimov isn't a guy who really uses his size either.

Canelo will just need to come forward and apply pressure like he did against Charlo. Crawford won't have the power to keep him off.

Also thought his interview after the fight was pretty telling. Only talking about money when Canelo's name came up. Basically a pension fight for a 36 year old. Secure the big pay day and then sail off. Mikey Garcia v Errol Spence type of situation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,158 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

bud deserves it for whatever reason he hasn't made the money his talent warrants so if he gets a money fight good for him

Advertisement