Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Executive Officer (Dublin) in the Civil Service 2023

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭skidmarkoner

Anyone from batch 12 get called to clearance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 112 ✭✭JJfd

nope 6 weeks today since interview!

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭DermoMIO

hi everyone, just looking for a bit of help here in terms of moving from 1 department to another.
    I’ve been given my start date by my new department so do I officially resign from current department or how do I go about it ? All I can find is information on resigning from Civil Service in general which obviously I’m not doing, thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Jimbomacers

No, your new HR will be in touch with your current HR. I was told this today by my current HR. I’m moving along also, going to Justice.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭DermoMIO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 iykyk

For anyone assigned to Justice, got this great insight from a current EO:

Pretty good section by reputation; plenty of scope for movement upwards if desired, or sideways if you end up in a less than ideal area.

Fully office based for training purposes, then hybrid. Depends on the needs of the section you're in though.

Pay is reasonably good starting, and at 3 years you get a big jump in salary. Even if you remain EO, the final salary tops out at around 60K. After 2 years you can go for HEO, and the salary is much , much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Arsenal101

Jimbo did you get the start date yet from Justice?

Batch 12 clearance has started.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Jobseeker2018

Just got called for interview, 2 weeks notice. I'm OOM 2308 for those close to this number.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Lor2024

I got the email about eligibility checks 1 week ago today, does anyone have any idea how long it could be before pre employment checks or a job offer from that that point?

• Advertisement

I was waiting 6 weeks for pre employment checks batch 12

Hi all,

Wondering if anyone has any advice.

Currently a serving CO on allowance which is higher than the minimum point of EO. Opportunity has come up for a promotion to EO on this competition. Am I correct in saying that I would have to be given the equivalent starting salary point.

Also my HEO states I may have to come off allowance while waiting for the start date, is this is the case would I start on point 1 instead and should I try to refuse.

Any help would be appreciated 👍🏻

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭LAC95_

how long were people waiting from being assigned to DOJ to getting a start date etc? Thank you in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Kellyf17

With regards to your allowance/point on EO scale you would be put on: If promoted whilst in receipt of allowance you must be in continuous receipt of this allowance for over a year for it to be counted. You would either receive normal pay on promotion rules or the value of your current salary plus allowance value and be placed on an off-point on the EO scale; whichever is the greater of the 2. If option 2 is the better option then you would receive exactly what you are getting now with your salary plus allowance but a new increment date would be calculated where you would go on-scale to the next point on the scale.

With regard to being taken off the allowance before your promotion, I’m not sure on this but would highly recommend seeking further clarification before doing this, as if you’re not in receipt of the allowance for a year continuously prior to promotion it won’t count towards your promotion salary.

Not sure if any of this makes sense to you but hopefully it does.

not yet, my colleague got hers for the 16th of September and she placed higher than me on Batch 11. I imagine it will be around the same time or after.

you should jump to scale 2 of the EO. My friend came to my department as an EO, she was a CO in customs with shift allowance, she had to battle NSSO to get her to scale 2.

anyone know when this panel expires ?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 will346

Anyone know how long Garda Vetting takes? Thanks

Mine took 2 weeks but might vary for everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Kellyf17

That’s not how it works at all read the pay on promotion circular it’s in there and NSSO is bound by the circular they can’t just bend things when officers disagree about the point they’re put on

well my colleague had to battle them for it, nearly took a year to get to scale 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 82 ✭✭HiggieL

I was contacted 1 week after I was assigned by Pas and my start date was 7 weeks from then.

hoping I get clearance soon 6 weeks seems too long since I gave certs

I got contacted by justice today, 4 days after assignment from PAS, they’re getting onto my HR now for a release date, she said I should be starting in Justice the 1st week of September.

@Jimbomacers thats great news .. seems quick once the documents are sent

Have you started yet? I am on week 3 and loving it.

Great to hear! No I'm starting in about 8 weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 PO2024

Anyone know what the DECC is like to work in.

the annoying part is I will have to attend the office everyday for a month or so for training, which is understandable I guess. Justice HR doesn’t know which unit I will be placed on yet, I presume it will be the International Protection Office.

Anyone know at what stage you are officially an EO? regarding pay and stuff. Is it from the date of results or from the date you get placed or start date in the unit?

@JJfd it's your official start date. 😃

brilliant thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Stonet123

Has batch 12 pre employment check started yet does anybody know ? Eagerly waiting in 1: …

• Advertisement

it has started but very early numbers . Batch 12 is huge

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭LAC95_

does anyone know the salary scale for us starting EO in the coming weeks? Thanks in advance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22 M1ntyPyth0n

The first point of the scale is €36,044 (since 1 June 2024). I am now paid fortnightly.

If your current pay as a civil servant is above the minimum, you may be put at the nearest point on the EO scale plus one increment. See §1.2 of Circular 08/2019.

Fórsa publish the pay scales on their website fyi. We have an additional pay increase of 1% or €500, whichever is the greater, due on 1 October this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 gotobann00

For references, if the manager or anyone else you worked with no longer works in the company - whose details do you recommend giving? Has anyone had an experience with something similar to this? Thanks

I would just give your new manager details. It's more of a tick box reference form

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Blondie_80

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know how long the pre-employment checks take to complete? I’m in the interdepartmental, I thought they only contacted my current line-manager?

Are people still mostly being appointed to Dept. of Justice?

Thanks!

Post edited by Blondie_80 on

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Scallywags7986

For those who have passed your interview can you please advise how many weeks was it from the date of your interview to actually starting in your new role?

4 months for me. There were many stages after that of providing documentation, checks and references etc. I think it typically takes a little less time for most (3 / 3.5 months).

Thanks a mill - I've my interview soon and please god I pass I've my SWY for 2 weeks in October which I'd planned for over a year so hoping I can still take it or start after it. I know you can't apply for SWY while on probation but not sure what happens when it's already been approved for a year.

Post edited by Scallywags7986 on

Don't worry, same thing happened to me and they were lovely and flexible on the start date.

Thanks again - it was such a worry playing on my mind! Hope you are all settled and loving the new role

• Registered Users Posts: 4 leafy65

Does anybody know where they are with the OOM currently?

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭torn-between-jobs

I’m in 2200’s and have interview this day next week 😱😱

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Stonet123

Does requests to retain speed up the process at all ? My department sent one to PAS for me

• Registered Users Posts: 42 will346

Hi all. Anyone know how long after reference checks are complete does it take to get a start date? I'm assuming if references are sought, then they will offer a position? Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement
Advertisement