Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things that annoy you - Mod Note in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,856 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

iirc it was an ITMA (Its That Man Again) joke from WW2 and it was considered crude and banned on the BBC.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Apparently "it's different if they are your own" 🤨 as per the millions of ppl I've had to defend my childless by choice lifestyle too.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,958 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Phone his mother will he's there and ask for her to collect him. No well raised 12 year old would behave like that in someone else house, even if it was their aunts. You have also reaffirmed my childfree choice was the right one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Even stranger, when it's months of using a cracked screen protector.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

People at work who don't 1) give their favourites a concise title and 2) sort them in alphabetical order.

They give a presentation on MS Teams with a screen share and then are scrambling around to find a relevant link because their favourites bar is all over the place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Charlo30

Upgraded my phone online on Monday. In the past the phone has arrived in 2 working days. Still no sign of it this morning, so I went on the website only to discover I haven't completed the full ordering process. With the Bank Holiday weekend it will be Wednesday or Thursday next week before I get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Ordered a CD on Discogs yesterday.

Just now, I spotted the "OUR ONLINE STORE WILL BE CLOSED FROM 24 JULY TO 26 AUGUST FOR OUR ANNUAL HOLIDAY. ANY ORDERS MADE DURING THAT TIME WILL NOT BE SHIPPED UNTIL 27 AUGUST AT THE EARLIEST." message on the Seller Terms.

Just as well I'm not in a hurry.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

She's in Spain so that would be difficult 😂

Ah no he's not being rude or grumpy or intentionally messy, I think all kids are just like that. My "messy" and his "messy" are just different things. I like that he's comfortable in the house, I want him to have a good time and I wouldn't want him to be scared of us. But it is just a complete lifestyle change. I'm glad it's just for the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,594 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I had a restless night last night.

I don't know was I semi awake or dreaming at this stage.

I dreamt I was at secondary school and could take the day off. I even decided what I was going to get at the deli counter to enjoy my lie in.

I then woke up and realised it was work I had to go to.

Then the restlessness continued.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭Vote4Squirrels

It was missed out and they put November in by mistake - we'll be in shorts after Halloween!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

We'll have to be, we'll still be trying to dry our clothes...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,637 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Do you mean with Irish people? I thought was more of an English pronunciation, as well as going completely the other way with 'drawrer'.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,473 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I’m trying to price cars online but Hyundai Ireland’s website is the most unbelievably incapable piece of shït..

From the interface it preselects two car models they think I’m interested in, both EV’s don’t you know. I deselect both, click Kona and Tuscon instead, I’m told there are a couple of hundred around the various garages.

When you try and access the cars it comes up with a blank page, nope… refresh…. nope…re select… nope…

Modern tech heavy multi global award winning cars but they yet can’t get a website to work, since about 12.30 this afternoon I’m trying on and off. 🤌🏻🤦🏻‍♂️😵‍💫

• Registered Users Posts: 11,384 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Yeah I had a restless night again.

There is this sort of knocking sound, a bit like a cricket you'd hear at night over in the States but more mechanical, that crops up now and again. If I fall asleep before it, it won't wake me up but if it starts before I nod off, it keeps me preoccupied all night. Cannot predict when its going to start nor can I pinpoint where its coming from. Source seems to change every time I go investigate.

Curse my acute hearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,750 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

When you find one item of a white wash that got dropped somewhere between the basket and the washing machine, usually a split second after the door has locked and the cycle starts. It takes me weeks to get a white wash together 😭😭😭

I need one of those fancy Samsung machines that has the little porthole you can open after the wash has started to add stuff like that in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I know it's "a thing" but seeing athletes "bite" their medal is really f*cking irritating me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,941 ✭✭✭Bobson Dugnutt

Related. The use of the word medal as a verb.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,637 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I just tried this, out of boredom, and got 923 matches for my selection, but nothing appeared. I clicked 'See more' a few times and it suggested that it was showing me stuff, but it wasn't. But when I clicked 'Sort by price', suddenly cars appeared.

Try that…

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I have never had an issue using colour run sheets(3) in all my washes. But these are whites that would be ok if were another colour anyway. The same company have specific white lightening sheets.

Ta that my brain keeps saying that the incorrect spelling of lightning, but I can remember which one is correct and how to spell it.

Post edited by Bredabe at

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,509 ✭✭✭suvigirl

TA'd that I woke up like a briar this morning for no reason and now TA'd all day that I'm in foul humour!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,115 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I just stop the cycle, wait until I can open the door and start it again.

My TA is the return of overcast skies, wind and rain. 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 9,958 ✭✭✭spookwoman

There is a phrase my father uses as I have the same over sensitive hearing. "Ears like a shithouse rat". It's a pain when you can hear low level noise that others probably can't or just doesn't register.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,319 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

People praising this oh so good high end restaurant, the amount of food in the pic of the main course wouldn't feed a small kitten.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Decided to go to Limerick this weekend to visit the parents so I got the 5pm train yesterday eve. Unfortunately the train stopped just outside Portarlington for about 15 minutes because of some mechanical issue. The train took off again but the train driver announces that the train would terminate at Portarlington because of the mechanical issue. This meant that we had to switch trains there which caused another 20 minute delay. The train arrives in Thurles with an automatic announcement stating that passengers for Limerick should change there for the connecting train. I was just about to get off the train when the driver announced that Limerick passengers should get off at Limerick Junction. At the junction there was a 15 minute wait for the train to arrive followed by a 20 minute wait inside the train while it waited for the train to Cork to arrive so it would pick up passengers for limerick. On the way to Limerick there was another 5 minute delay while the train waited for another train in the opposite direction to pass. I should have been in Limerick for 7.05pm but instead I was there at 8.40pm. I’m having pretty bad luck with trains lately as there was a similar delay a few weeks ago when travelling from Kilkenny to Dublin.
    Also I just got a mocha and a bottle of Ballygowan here in Cafe Nero and it’s after costing €7.50

• Registered Users Posts: 8,509 ✭✭✭suvigirl

That my only 7 year old 'smart' Samsung TV, doesn't have some apps on their store and now, the rte player will stop working on it in August 😡

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

getting sucked into debating with an obvious troll on the current affair thread

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,861 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I don't know if Pret a Manger exists in Ireland. They do a lovely salted chocolate bar in some of their shops but they must have change the recipe because it now tastes like sludge.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 25,473 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

people who dispense amateur healthcare / medical advice.

people who open a door that was closed to enter a room but leave it open.

people who see you busy doing something that requires attention and personal oversight yet request of you to follow them to another area to look at something…

• Registered Users Posts: 10,776 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

There’s a couple now. One on Harcourt St by the Luas stop. Haven’t had their bars, though, only really interested in their Reuben.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Advertisement
Advertisement