Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things that annoy you - Mod Note in OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

No, it’s not different if they’re your own. They can drive you to distraction and then look at you and say “what did I do’? ‘I didn’t say anything’? How there wasn’t murder committed in my house with a messy 22 year old daughter I don’t know. TA the government, build some fecking houses/apartments so these over indulged adults can feck off and dirty their own spaces.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭RickBlaine

Was hiking in the wicklow mountains today and came across this sight. Absolute scumbag behavior. If they were able to carry all these water bottles and cans to their camp site, they could have certainly carried the empty ones back with them. Total a**holes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Sitting on the train at the moment, and I just noticed that the pocket on my pants is covered in kebab sauce from last night’s revelries. Also I’m feeling a bit worse for wear due to the six pints of Guinness and chicken kebab afterwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭Tork

People on Instagram who show you how to cook a meal, then smugly try it and go Mmmmm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Bobson Dugnutt

The sort of people who become admins on Facebook groups and the tiny bit of power they have goes completely to their head. Darling; it’s a group for swapping Tesco club card vouchers.

Reformed character.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Yes

Doubly annoying if they

1/ use "Admin Assist" which randomly rejects posts

2/ allow anonymous posters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭kowloonkev

Always amazes me that there is a category of people who like going into nature and spending time there, but also deliberately destroy it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,441 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Usually sorts who'll have posted all manner of shoite to Instagram while 'enjoying' nature

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,729 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Sunday lunch with family then at 3.10pm almost as the main course is finished the phone rings.

have people got absolutely no cop on…? Sunday mid afternoon in 90% of Irish households there is a thing called a traditional ‘Sunday lunch’… usually a roast, followed by a nice dessert where diligent preparation, relaxation, enjoyment and good conversation are the mainstays of the experience.

Post 6 pm the vast majority of people are sitting with their feet up, in front of the TV, just chilling, won’t be averse to a phonecall or two… 3.10 in the afternoon….. come on ! Sort yourself out ! 😵‍💫

Post edited by Strumms on

• Advertisement

If it's a landline take it off the hook.

Mobiles on silent in the other room.

If it's not agreeable to the rest of your dining party you just have to accept that they give whoever is ringing them a higher priority than the people who are actually in the room with them. If this is the case you need to manage your expectations (my mam would always take the call to the point I just started bringing my food into the sitting room, that way my meal wasn't disturbed by a one sided conversation every single night)

If you've missed calls ,ring person back at time convenient to you and clearly explain 3-5 on Sundays is family dinner time. They'll eventually get the message if no one picks up the phone. (Again unless it's my mother who would then ring you at 14:57....well it's before 3 🙄)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,473 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

People who think the sun shines out of their dog's arse.

Was at a dog friendly market and while the concept is good, there is always a breed or two that just don't get along with other dogs and go spare barking. One dog was constantly barking at everything that moved in its vicinity- its not fair for other patrons, especially those who might be wary of dogs. But surely the owners know this advance and shouldn't bring them to such an environment?

I also saw an owner allow his dog cock the leg against a public bench that someone maybe sitting on to eat food.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭kowloonkev

Speaking of dogs, I happened to see on sky news today a bunch of people putting their dogs on little surf boards in the sea having a race or something. I don't like dogs at all, I think their the most irritating pet you could have, but dropping them in the sea is just abuse. The same people would probably be campaigning against animal cruelty etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,441 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Maybe that explains why most dog owners don't pick up dog shoite. They've confused it for sunshine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Deregos.

People repeating themselves . . . Someone tells you about some mundane incident that happened at the checkout till in Tesco or lidl (don't know as I wasn't really listening) and they keep repeating said incident to anyone within earshot to try and prove the point that they were right and the other party involved was wrong. Then they ring their sister and spend fifteen minutes explaining the same experience . . five minutes later the sister lands at the house and they spend the next half hour dissecting every detail over and over again.

You think it's finally finished with but no . . . they ring the mother on speaker phone.

Why wont GAA football fans these days admit Die Hard 5 is muck?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,889 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Jo Malone stuff. It's ridiculously overpriced and all smells like hideous old-lady perfume.

I'm kinda intrigued as to what the incident was! 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Deregos.

Like I say, I've developed an incredible form of selective hearing, so I don't know the details of the incident . . and I certainly won't be asking them to explain it all again.

Why wont GAA football fans these days admit Die Hard 5 is muck?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Bank holiday so loads of people are posting on local Facebook groups asking "Is X business open today?"

They're asking because the businesses' websites / Facebook pages don't have this information to hand.

Surely it isn't difficult to put up a bank holiday trading hours notice or a pinned post outlining when exactly they're open?

If in doubt, don't go out and just order what you want online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,278 ✭✭✭suvigirl

Wow! Dogs are the most irritating pet? I have no idea how you think this? They are the most lovable, loyal, keen to please, live in the moment, happy pets ever!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,430 ✭✭✭pgj2015

The way all adverts show so many different races in the advert, its so unrealistic for Ireland and it makes me dislike the Companies as I see right through it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,278 ✭✭✭suvigirl

Dont know where you live in Ireland, but adverts with many different races, looks completely normal to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Charlo30

Tuesday morning and back into work. Where did the Bank Holiday weekend go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,690 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

When you go into Tesco with the intention of using the 'Scan as you shop' barcode scanner, so naturally enough you have your club card in hand ready to scan and pick up a handset……

but the woman immediately in front of you at the handset release station only has her club card on her phone, but only takes the phone out of her bag when she gets to the scanner station, and has a quick browse through her notifications before looking for the Tesco app, and oh, it's in here somewhere…… on page 3 I think…..

all the while I'm there waiting like a spare tool building up a rage the likes of which have never been seen before!!

HOW ABOUT HAVE YOUR CLUBCARD READY WHEN YOU ARRIVE AT THE SCANNER STATION

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,029 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Flew to Amsterdam this morning, now on a train to The Hague. No, I’m not on trial for war crimes, I think. The trains here have a tag-on system similar to the Luas, except that it’s called “Check-In”. Which is a bit confusing at Schipol airport: I’m just off a flight, hadn’t planned on checking in again yet. The train conductor was quite used to first-time visitors like me getting it wrong, of course.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,157 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Me too when they take a cash till and only then take their phone out of their bag to scroll through for ages to find the pay app(or what ever they are using)

Seriously tho, how can ppl think that is faster than cash!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I've never been behind a woman at an ATM that didn't take 20 years to get out cash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,729 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

😵‍💫 errrr I was just expressing my TA as is the done thing in this thread… I wasn’t soliciting a critique from anyone…thanks.

TA for today…. No sunscreen left…. Was only in Boots a few days ago but was sure I had a spare… I still think I had, it must have walked.

When someone complains about the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,157 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Really? I find them threatening and get out asap. Ta indoor atm's where men choose to continue their phone calls as they do whatever and hold the rest of us up. Looking at you aib encouraging this beh by not having enough staff on the counter at pinch points.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Advertisement