Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FI Charts ( T120+ onwards) Summer2024 **READ MOD NOTE IN FIRST

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,084 ✭✭✭pauldry

We will see. I still think it will be misty n windy out West like today with low rain low cloud and an annoying wind and very muggy. Does the sun exist anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

finally throwing in the towel for this summer, the pattern continues into August and St Swithin as always calls it correctly..

a decent Sept if that’s any consolation

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭ascophyllum

After a few nice days the coming weekend looks pretty awful for the western half of the country and the GFS is non stop low pressure out to the 12th August...I don't think there have been 2 hot days together in the West since May sometime 😀

Rain finally cleared around 9pm and clear night followed so 11c now. Another single figure Summer night likely.

August looks like a rainfest for West but no exceptional totals just rain every day and about 25 to 30mm for BH weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Are models still looking awful 😖? I've said it before and I'll say it again we've been stuck in this low pressure pattern since end of May, surely some stage in this month we will get even a few days of warmth like today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭adocholiday

ECM and GFS looking to bring high pressure our way at +210 hours (10th of August) but we're kind of stuck in the battleground between them in places which can bring wet weather. GFS still rolling out and ECM not due for a while so would need to check again later this evening for the full 12z picture. This has been the story of the summer though, beyond a few days there's always high pressure on the models but it never seems to actually happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Yes exactly it's horrible this summer but fingers crossed 🤞 even a few days are nice at some stage this month that's all I'm asking for lol

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭SnowyMuckish

Any more signs of a change in the weather on the horizon?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,900 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

None. A continuation of the westerly/north-westerly pattern that we've been in all summer looks like it will probably dominate August. Western areas could be in for a fairly wet couple of weeks to come with southern and eastern areas perhaps a little dryer and slightly milder. There is very little scope for excitement in the model watching at the moment.

Ya as I said about a month ago ya could easily predict most days will be unsettled with rain showers and wind and just the odd dry day even odder in the West. However August will probably have higher rainfall than May June and July due to deepening lows and more active jet. In the West and North it will feel like Autumn most days but in the East and South it will still feel Summery some of the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,158 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Advertisement