Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Third party insurance not accepting liability

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Lenar3556

There has been no suggestion of a personal injury. It’s material damage to the OP’s car. The OP has the option to sue them (most likely in the district court) to recover the costs of restoring the car to its pre accident condition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,154 ✭✭✭User1998

I do agree that OP should go the insurance route as there is still a chance that the other driver could be found at fault, and loosing a couple of years NCB isn’t the worst thing in the world.

But in my opinion €1500 is a bit much. I’d say closer to half that if your smart about it. Doesn’t seem to be a particularly new or expensive car so second hand parts should be cheap from Kilkock or the likes. Respray the two doors for €500 and a bit of labour for fitting the new door and you might get it sorted for €750 or so. I genuinely know a guy that would do it for half that again but any time I mention him on here it causes arguments😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,077 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

TBH at any decent repair shop it will be 1500 euro. The disadvantage of going through your own insurance, it's harder to get devaluation paid on your car. As well insurance company may settke 50/50 as they both gain in the case of a double whammy.

Usually either stepback or fully protected NCB have claims of a certain minimum allowed.

Yes you are tied to them but nowadays you can compare the renewal quote with a new business quote and they cannot discriminate

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 264 ✭✭Avatar in the Post

IF you are found not in the wrong, and you initially claim from your ins co your NCB will not be affected if the other party’s ins eventually pays 100% claim.

You should eventually win based on what you said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 264 ✭✭Avatar in the Post

The insurance companies will ask if the gardai attended the scene. If the gardai attend they will ask how the accident happened. Just after the crash someone is less likely to lie to the gardai if they were in the wrong. Especially at that stage the other person doesn’t know if you have a camera, what witnesses might say.

It’s one thing eventually lying to an ins company, another to the gardai.

I agree it could be done cheaper but realistically your average Joe isn't going to go sourcing second hand parts and I don't know any body shop that would be arsed doing it either.

You then have the costs of pulling all the locks etc out of the door and refitting it. There are easier quicker turnaround jobs for body places to do than this to make money.

The absolute cheapest I could see any decent place doing it would be 1500 and it could be more dependent on whether they used a second hand door or not, if they weren't would be north of that

If for example all the inards of the door had to be swapped from the original door to a used door that's a pain in the ass job, easily 2 hours work in that alone

Advertisement