Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

VW ID.Buzz

1789101113»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭Jofspring

The more I see of the LWB I'm assuming it's going to be in the 80k + price bracket?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,978 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

I saw in another video there's some interlock which stops the sliding door opening fully if the charge port is open, so you don't smash the port off with the door

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭joe1303l

Unlikely if they are to have any chance of selling more than a few dealer demos. UK pricing has indicated a £500 premium over the SWB.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭derekreilly

With an updated on the road starting price of €51,395, the ID. Buzz worth another look?

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭olympicweights

I paid less than that in April Derek. Seems like VW trying to push their existing stock with pretend price drops?

• Advertisement

Maybe current pricing is for the refreshed version with the more efficient motors from the ID.4 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭olympicweights

Don't know as Derek was reviewing the current model not the revised one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,747 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Current year models with demo mileage going for 44k earlier this year, so 51K doesn't sound like a steal at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 357 ✭✭pandabat

Afaics the €51.3k is the OTR price but doesn't include the €3.5k SEAI grant. RRP is €49.9k (also not incl. grant). Price is given as "from" €46,495.00 on https://www.volkswagenvans.ie/en/models/id-buzz-people.html (which does then include grant)

Full price including delivery and/or service plan charges etc. on

https://www.volkswagenvans.ie/en/offers_and_products/product-brochures.html

Confused? Yeah, welcome to Irish car sales ... where the price is out there ... Somewhere ...

Post edited by pandabat on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 357 ✭✭pandabat

For me, the lack of ventilation in the back, the lack of factory-fitted reversing camera and the inability to specify factory 2-tone paint are the main concerns.

You can order a Buzz in Germany with a camera and 2-tone colour but not here in Ireland. Paddy right-hand drive gets screwed over ... again. I fall to understand why you can't just order and pay the extra for these things but, often, these things aren't even an option to order in this market. Not just VW either. Seen this before with Ford and others.

Seems from the reviews that I've seen that the standard Buzz is possibly still on older software but the that the 6/7 seater will be on newer rev of software (but I could be in wrong here).

Better value that it was at launch though - no doubt there. Could still be so much better but, that said, seems to really appeal to those that have actually tried it

• Advertisement

Very confusing, hopefully Derek can clarify what the current status is on Irish pricing. The info on the VW website can often be outdated in my experience. It’s a really desirable vehicle type as a concept but the initial model available here has been poorly executed. A large stylish people carrier with only 5 seats, no standard rear camera or rear cabin ventilation. The new LWB model seems to finally be the ID.Buzz it should have been from the start. I’m also starting to wonder why the SWB couldn’t have had 3rd row seating as it looks like there is enough space. Final moan is the lack of a bench seat option in the front cab as per the cargo model. This would have made 6 and/or 8 seater configurations available.

Several reasons, one being nobody cares about us, another being VW Ireland cutting the spec to keep the price lower to avoid VRT tax I reckon.

They seem to want to keep the price similar to Germany for whatever reason

Yes, RHD market is obviously smaller but additional VRT wouldn’t be that relevant on an EV. The rear camera and ventilation are ridiculous omissions on such a large vehicle with such an amount of glass. At least the camera can be retrofitted but you shouldn’t have to on a €50K vehicle

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭derekreilly

Afternoon all,

Yes, price adjustments from VW are more than likely to move on stock.
    Prices I was quoting was for new and see ROTR (Rolling On The Road Prices) image from their July 2024 prices in the brochure. Current not revised model.

I am sure there will be deals to be had directly with dealers looking at stock on their forecourts.
    The lack of 360 camera, no two tone I assume is all to do with stock sitting on the grou

nd before the revised motor/battery and LWB versions all arrive. GTX I'm not too bothered about.

Yeah it's a bit silly, the lack of rear ventilation was always bizarre but I assume VW has a schedule to hit and it wasn't ready in time (based on the LWB having rear vents)

The lack of cameras is a bit strange, particularly since it's in the brochure and specifically says unavailable. I wonder if there some underlying hardware issue that needs to be fixed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,118 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Hardware would surely be shared across their entire platforms for this...

So the way I've heard the MEB described by VW is as a set of parts which are compatible. That means you could in theory have multiple camera types but I doubt they'd have more than one

More likely, it could be a case that for whatever reason Hannover is having trouble getting a reliable supply of cameras. Since that plant only makes the Buzz and Multivan, it wouldn't affect the other ID cars

Of VW just hate the Irish for some reason

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭forumdedum

hi, I am interested in demo model. Are these prices on DoneDeal? I never seem to find them

Probably best to ring a few VW dealers to establish what’s available but here’s an example from DD;

Volkswagen ID. Buzz Life Passenger EV 204HP https://www.donedeal.ie/view/34084740

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭forumdedum

Thank you for the link. Yes, will phone around

• Advertisement

Cheapest ID.Buzz I’ve seen around. It’s got tiny Km’s on and a bit more spec than a life model. It’s obviously been sitting in a forecourt for quite a while.

Volkswagen ID. Buzz PRO 15 Plus 77kwh 204HP SWB 5 https://www.donedeal.ie/view/33666475

Advertisement