Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2024 - General Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Thunder87

They are computer generated. They really need to remove the graphical symbols 'feature' from being front and centre of the website as its worse than useless. Even for 1 hour out its very often several degrees off on temperature and has the totally wrong symbol for what the weather's like

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Thunder87

The difference last year was most of the country got several weeks of nice sunny weather in May/June, this year its just been endless unsettled Atlantic weather where all we get is one or two nice days here and there before it's back to wind and cloud. The past 2 weeks in Dublin have been mostly decent enough to be fair though seems like Mayo/Sligo/Donegal have still been getting the short straw

• Registered Users Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭pureza

Here is my view of the stunning Mt Fuji on board a flight from Tokyo to Hiroshima about an hour ago

High 30's here again today

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Banarol

met eireanns forecast has been toned down for many areas on Sunday and is not near as bad as they were touting yesterday.Munster and South Leinster are to remain mostly dry 2moro, with rain on Monday morning moving quickly through.The overall wording mentioned yesterday is dialed down with thundery rain removed from the forecast along with their headline outlook yesterday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,441 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Very mild and damp airflow for Sunday afternoon on the fax charts, west looks likely to be very wet.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,178 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

A big come down from met Eireann on tomorrow's forecast. Apart from the West/ NW its not looking bad now

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭glightning

Man. I'm just getting to that point again where I feel like checking out when it comes to watching what the weather is going to do. This year sucks, and models are honing in on a low fest for August. Hardly any point watching the models or paying any attention to the weather. It's just going to be whatever it is. No hot spells, no prolonged sunshine, no thundery periods to look forward to. Just the usual zonal regime. Best just to focus on other aspects of life!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,803 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Agreed. I hardly bother checking the readings on my weather station any more. This past nine months has been the most boring weather period I can ever remember. Cloudy, drizzle, northwesterly breeze/wind most of the time. Rinse & repeat.

Not even a thunderstorm of any note. I haven't seen lightning or heard thunder in almost a year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Bloody cold morning

Status Yellow - Rain warning for Clare, Donegal, Galway, Leitrim, Mayo, Sligo

Met Éireann Weather Warning

Heavy rain coupled with strong and gusty southerly winds, especailly in exposed areas.

Potential Impacts:

.Localised flooding
    .Damage to temporary structures
    .Difficult travelling conditions
    .Poor visibility

Valid: 13:00 Sunday 04/08/2024 to 13:00 Monday 05/08/2024

Issued: 08:59 Saturday 03/08/2024

• Advertisement

Meteorologists Commentary :

Through Sunday afternoon and much of Monday, that heavy rain will move eastwards across the country. The rain will be heaviest in the west and southwest with flooding possible. Becoming blustery also, with fresh and gusty southerly winds developing, strong on western and southern coasts.

It will also be very mild on Sunday night due to the warm airmass that the low pressure system will introduce. Temperatures will not fall below 14 to 17 degrees, so it will be an uncomfortable night for sleeping.

Aoife continued “With the bank holiday weekend, more people will be out and about and they may not expect the unseasonably wet weather and strong winds. Sunday will not start off too bad but don’t let that lull you into a false sense of security. The rain will get progressively heavier through the afternoon and evening with those southerly winds picking up, so make sure to check the forecast and any warnings for your area before heading out.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,100 ✭✭✭pauldry

Why is today wet and cloudy. I thought Saturday was supposed to be "the good day" of the weekend. Or was last night "the good day". Don't really trust the forecasts anymore at all since it's all AI.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,965 ✭✭✭spookwoman

It's gotten really bad lately. The other night was listed as 0% rain in waterford and it there was very heavy rain. Radar nothing because of the comeraghs and there seems to be a black spot around here for proper radar readings. Again the other morning no rain due and it rained. Just cannot rely on it for even short term forecasting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Warm and dry for Parkrun earlier.

Two heavy showers passed there now. Boo. Thought today the best day of the weekend.

16⁰ Meath

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,008 ✭✭✭appledrop

Don't talk to me about it Pauldry. We are at Emerald Park today and it's lashing rain. As you said today was meant to be the 'good day' so I went for it over Sun and Mon to book.

Hopefully it's just a heavy shower or is it always bad weather around here Gonzo 😁Everytime we come to Emerald Park it rains even though I do be checking every forecast before I book tickets!

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Robwindstorm

There's definitely more showers around today than forecast, there's a rash of showers over the country on the UK graphics that only ease from around 6pm. Hopefully you get to enjoy Emerald park and dodge must of them nagging showers (not the kids). You should buy the season ticket for better value !

It's working out well so far as we just headed for lunch during the worse weather. Unfortunately everyone else had the same brainwave so long queues😁 but at least we are all dry.

Yeah looked at season ticket but very expensive, the 2 year old is still free, might get it when we have to pay for him!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Nice afternoon in Bray, so far, for the airshow. 20c

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

A chilly day here in Meath, breezy and drizzle showers on and off 15C, feels like mid October.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Dazler97

We are on rain shower number 5 now at Emerald Park and they are really heavy ones!

I must have a sixth sense I can nearly predict to the second exactly when they come so we have got shelter each time. My husband says its because I'm obsessed with the weather😁

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

Thankfully only very light rain around Celbridge and Maynooth today, barely enough to wet the ground, but it's almost constant light spots on the (strong) breeze since lunch. Not enough to deter the local funfair or those sitting outside the pubs, but I wouldn't be sitting around in it!

Post edited by Hippodrome Song Owl on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Manky wet bank holiday in the Royal County.

Hope Dublin is drier; heading in to the ladies final.

13⁰ Meath

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,103 ✭✭✭OldRio

Dreadful. Utterly dreadful. Family BBQ yesterday ruined by the weather. We all ended up inside the house. I've defended M.E. in the past but it's becoming increasingly difficult.

Rain last night and this morning. 12C. Leitrim.

Agree with above. Nothing to add. High stool at 3pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 223 ✭✭Danny healy ray

m.e haven't a clue get up in the morning and look out the window is what I do

Unfortunately it's as bad in Dublin.

Well we might have been caught in 5 showers in Emerald Park yesterday that were not forecasted but so glad we went rather than today!

No high stool for us unfortunately Oscar Bravo with young kids, but a good day to check out the cinema.

Yea Met Eireann need to get a grip, my local forecast is still tell me 'no' rain until 3pm yet the rain radar(or looking out the window!) clearly shows raining all morning!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭pad199207

How many times does it have to be said? Do not go on those graphics.

Advertisement