Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hamas strike on Israel - Threadbans in op - mod warning in OP updated 19/10/23

Options
1127712781279128012811283»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,832 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

I get you p johnson. I feel the same sense of bemusement when I see people, who profess to be against political violence and terrorism, out cheerleading for the current Israeli Government led by a suspected War Criminal-Oh you don't agree p, well you and Peggy have a friend in Putin there as he also thinks the ICJ and its rulings are a joke.

And what about the people who thank racists posts made against Palestinians but then a few posts later are up in arms about anti semitism. I am sure you agree P there is a lot of cognitive dissonance going on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,710 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

You'll have a hard time finding me praising Putin but sure whatever fantasy you and the other boys are having. I'm not arsed reading Peggy's wall of texts nor have I thanked any racist against Palestinan posts. But you do you!

I know they get upset if I don't visit often and ye really need to get your personal jibes in after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭PeggyShippen

It's probably a good time for the IDF to push Hizbollah back behind the Litani river in Southern Lebanon. And keep that buffer zone indefinitely. I think you might see an enlarged Golan heights move aswell to keep the Druze happy . All makes sense militarily aswell. The handbrake is being let off I feel and I ll be surprised if there isn't a big allied bombing campaign on Iran within the month.

Support 🇮🇱 Israel

I didn't say you did. I was speaking of others. I don't have any illusions/ fantasies about your double standards in denying war crimes committed by Israel, it's openly on display with your constant deflections and complaining about piles on against Israel. The fact you don't praise Putin but stay silent about Nethanyu is telling. No wonder Nethanyu has expressed admiration for Putin- two peas in a pod!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,568 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Israel will be dropping the bombs on their own if theres any campaign.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,434 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Im pro Israel so the last thing it should do is agree to ceasefires etc or let the likes of hamas regroup so that Israel faces the same problems down the road but at the same time Israel has to remember its population and economy is small enough and its already ~9months into a conflict, I see a risk of Israel overextending itsself militarily or risk its Iron Dome systems being exhausted?

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 52,005 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Israel cannot do away with Hamas, it's an ideology. Hamas might not have the same name but it will not change under a new name. Israel has ensured that the numbers will swell too. If Israel wants to stop the threat then it needs to change and stop stealing land in the WB, release unconvicted prisoners and stop treating the Palestinians like dirt. What they have been doing up until now and in the past has not worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,103 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

You would think Israel would finish with the conflict in Gaza before getting involved in another conflict. 9 months into their conflict in Gaza and they don't seem close to destroying Hamas yet some posters here think that they will defeat Hezbollah and Iran soon enough. It's obvious they are killing alot of people in Gaza but perhaps they are not killing the right people to actually win the conflict?

Perhaps the Israeli population will realise soon that Netanyahu's policies are not going secure any lasting peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭combat14

will iran fall into israels trap of a wider conflict

• Registered Users Posts: 4,103 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

I'm not sure why they would bother. Cheaper to finance Hamas or whoever their successor is and Hezbollah and every few years make life difficult for the Israelis. Neither Israel or Iran have any strategy that will lead to victory.

• Advertisement

It's as if they are killing thousands to disguise that fact. What we do know that of the 40,000 killed/murdered, most were women and children and around 31,000. Now assuming the rest were Hamas ( a bit of a stretch) then 10,000 were Hamas. Israel estimated that Hamas had at least 40,000 members in Gaza.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Would you agree with the stance of many Israelis that all Palestinians need to be wiped out?

That's the logical and inevitable conclusion of perpetuating a system of apartheid, murder, theft, and oppression.

It's just another day in Gaza as more kids die in Israeli bombings -

https://www.rte.ie/news/middle-east/2024/0804/1463445-israel-gaza-hamas/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭combat14

the vast majority of israelis are not advocating wipe out all palestinians - most arabs are advocating the opposite however

• Registered Users Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Hmm. So they want to avoid facing "the same problems down the road" but they are also committed to controlling nurturing an environment where the same type of resistance will necessarily arise.

Gaslighting 101.

Let's hope they do.

As you say the Israeli right don't want peace. Let's say Hamas are somehow defeated and a moderate opposition governs Gaza that would be Bibi and his friends worse nightmare. We know this because Bibi admitted it to colleagues that the best way to weaken the PA and stall a two state solution was allowing the money to come in from Qatar. Bibi would love if the Iranians fell into his trap and a wider war broke out that dragged in the Americans. Let's hope they don't give him what he wants.

Even his own negotiators have said that he was setting out terms for a peace deal to the current war that made their job is impossible.

He didn't say most Israelis. He said many. And who or what are these arabs you speak of?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭PeggyShippen

Shows how much Hamas value their own women and children. They hide behind them and among them. Hanas are happy to hide in schools and hospitals. Once they operate from those schools and hospitals then they become legitimate targets for airstrikes . This war is going to get worse before it gets better. It ll be interesting to see the Hizbollah and Iranian response. They are already tearing apart their organisations looking for the Shin Bet operatives .. If they over do their response then the Americans will intervene directly . That's Bibis thinking ..makes sense really. Then push on into lebanon. This war is only starting

Support 🇮🇱 Israel

• Registered Users Posts: 5,854 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

That lie gets repeated ad nauseam. Schools and hospitals don't automatically loose their protective status simply because there's an alleged fighter in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Odhinn

You have yet to explain why the "beacon of hope" is colonising areas outside of its internationally recognised borders.

• Advertisement

As you know Peggy that is the excuse the Israelis use to bomb civilians and destroy infrastructure. That's all. It's played out at this stage.

Not only that. If their information is so good that they know Hamas are hiding behind women and children then how come they haven't been able to free the hostages? It makes no sense because it isn't true.

Israel soldiers had to be told by its own court system to stop using Palestinian civilians as human shields. That was I. 2004 and the practices still continues. This includes forcing people into areas and building they believe to be booby trapped, and a practice called neighboring which is basically using civilians as bait to lure out operatives.

Israel has **** all room to make up accusations of human shielding. They use it as a convenient excuse.

In the the 2008-09 and 2014 conflicts only a fraction of what they bombed and claimed to be examples of human shields by Hamas was found to be remotely credible by various agencies including NATO and Amnesty international.

And as above said, just because there is a cache of weapons or a militant in a hospital, they are still protected by international laws,away that Israel does not respect.

It's abhorrent that Hamas would use these places strategically but it's worse that Israel would consider the massive loss of human life to be okay for what is questionable intelligence mostly.

And the Americans are not intervening directly, despite the wet dreams it's giving defenders of Israel's war crimes

Advertisement