Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia-Ukraine War (Threadbanned in op)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 273 ✭✭Jon Doe

He may have dragged the US back into 'normalcy'… as for respectability… maybe you should look into the man's career first… I think that if you peer into all of his wheelin' and dealin' throughout the years you'll very quickly loose the need to use words such as 'respectable'. Then again, we shouldn't expect much… he is after all a politician than operates in an environment where a bribe by any other name is not a bribe…

As for the MAGA movement; its leaders rate somewhere between weirdo and scum. Its followers are either grifters or in many cases, in financial distress.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

That sub they hit last year.... Boom, they finished her off.

Post edited by TheValeyard on

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

Glad to see someone appreciates my contributions.

Ah… comrade, don't mistake entertainment for appreciation; they're not the same. And as far as your 'contributions' are concerned, I'm pretty sure most everyone in this forum would rather if you did take up one of those 80 openings in Africa and contributed over there in Africa. Think of it this way: the more gold you get for uncle Putin; the quicker Russia will win; the quicker there will be peace!

Sadly, nobody is paying

Oh really?… Well, glad so see Putin's war chest drying up! :D

but glad to take donations if anyone wants to send me money.

If you're strapped for cash I hear uncle Putin is dispensing thousands of rubles if you're willing to put your signature on a piece of paper… just like that, all your financial problems are gone!

Anyway, it seems nobody here apart from me is disheartened by the warfare in Ukraine.

Disheartened?… Nooo… Sad? Well, yes… Mad?… Oh yes! But more importantly everyone on this side of Europe has a high appreciation for Justice and is actually glad to see Europe weening itself off Siberia's tits and thus avoiding being slowly infected by the Kremlin's corruption. And if the cost of driving a stake thru that cancer is literally throwing money at the problem Ukrainians, well… let's say that there are those of us that are very happy with the outcome of Putin's decision.

I know! I know… You are very 'saddened' and 'disheartened' and 'disappointed'… We all in this forum know this. You see, that's a trait common to all 'comrades'. All comrades were caught by surprise by Russia's corruption's full extent! From my side? I have a cold 6 pack and a bag of chips. I'm all set! xD

PS: hum… interesting… so it seems you don't actually go away for the week… you just stay silent for a week. Monitoring Western Public Opinions are we?…

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭engineerws

Don't know why you're calling me a comrade amongst other slurs.

Monitoring Western Public Opinions are we

I'm from Dublin. Never been to Russia/ Ukraine. I don't really get the point of your post or the message you're trying to convey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 758 ✭✭✭thatsdaft

Comrade is a slur? TIL

• Advertisement

Don't know why you're calling me a comrade

Oh please! Allow me to explain, comrade! You see, I been reading this thread and whenever I see your name, I know for a fact that I'm going to read an exemplary application of the ideas, principles and techniques described in this article. I mean maybe you are Irish. Maybe you are Russian. I don't know! One thing seems certain: you sure as hell seem to know your way around such techniques - dishearten your 'opponent's' resolve with a constant barrage of bad news, derail your 'adversary's' public discourse, the ever present 'maskirovka' "Russia is infinite; you don't stand a chance" and several other features that I noticed in your discourse… So yeah: maybe you are Irish; maybe you are Russian. You sound 100% Soviet.

amongst other slurs.

This is very interesting. And curious. The last time that I offended someone with the word comrade, that someone was a Russian… The most capitalist bastard you'll ever meet😆, but a Russian nonetheless… It's very interesting that you'd be offended by that word. Second, other than comrade, I'd like to know what 'other' words constitute a 'slur' or an offensive term. Please go ahead and quote me.

I'm from Dublin.

Well, that's something that you can say. However, the only thing that you can prove is that you are in Dublin. But then again, so is Yuri Filatov… 🤔🤨

Never been to Russia/ Ukraine

Oh come on… why not?… You'd feel right at home!! Well… at least in the occupied parts of Ukraine…

I don't really get the point of your post or the message you're trying to convey.

Yes, comrade… there's a lot that you don't understand… ignorance is bliss! That's another aspect that you have in common with the Russian peasantry… Have I told you that uncle Putin has a piece of paper which you can sign and then you make tons of 'money'?… Well, here's hoping that, unlike the Russian peasantry, you don't die ignorant.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Lol

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,819 ✭✭✭zv2

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” — Voltaire

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,270 ✭✭✭paul71

Nobody gets the point of you repeating Russian lies and propaganda, but it does not stop you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,699 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

The alarm being Duran Duran - Ordinary World, tops that footage off.

A 61 year old man set himself on fire on the second floor of a service center in Moscow on Friday. It's coming after recent previous incidents of people setting themselves on fire in public places in Moscow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭flutered

from telegram, may be of interest to someone

https://t.me/army_tv/4707

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭flutered

another one

https://t.me/army_tv/4705

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,574 ✭✭✭jmreire

Never been to Russia or Ukraine??? Now that explains a lot! Because I've been to both, and believe me, a month or two in either place would change your attitude and opinion….change it a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 758 ✭✭✭thatsdaft

Can you provide a summary? Since telegram requires a phone number seems dodgy to be exposing phone number to Russian language channel

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Thats great news. The Ukrainians had to rush all their best troops to stop the Kharkiv offensive. Thats bad. But then they successfully stopped it. Thats good. And their absence from Donesk did not result in significant gains for Russia. Thats also good.

So cheer up, that Blogger is just trying to be neutral and he only wants a ceasefire and to prevent the loss of human life, much like yourself.

I suppose it can be a bit depressing that Ukraine have such a well oiled and responsive war machine that they are countering everything that Russia throw at them. Since we only want peace, its depressing that Ukraine is being so unreasonable that they wont let Russia win on the battlefield.

However, I think we can take some solace from the fact that Russia has made some peace gestures by scuttling one of its most advanced submarines and then setting fire to its oil reserves and munitions dumps around its forward airbases. Hopefully those Barnderrites will accept this gesture of goodwill and stop fighting so hard to prevent Russia winning and creating more peace than existed before the invasion began.

Russians are receiving text messages from a number 117 calling them to sign a contract with the Ministry of Defence. It's being sent on all mobile networks. It's saying that they must sign a contract from the 1st of August that 800 thousand rubles and benefits are available straight away. It's telling them to call the same number 117.

It's no wonder russian posters on this site and elsewhere are getting antsy when they now see they themselves getting messages to follow the great dope Putin which they won't finish him and instead go and get a suicide drone up their ass in Ukraine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

Has there been much happening in Vovchansk lately? I'd imagine the city is largely levelled at this point. News on that battle seems to have gone quiet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭rogber

A good weekend for Ukraine in the war, some major high profile strikes. Nice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,618 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Ukraine managed to rig a hydrogen tank to a drone car (made from pieces of decommissioned electric cars) and blew it under a prominent russian firing position.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Seems like bloody attritional war. Russian losses are heavy by all accounts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,618 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Not by Russian accounts. Apparently they're unscathed but the Ukrainians are on their knees.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,574 ✭✭✭jmreire

By Russo speak, you have to translate the words and sentiments into what they actually mean. This is quite easy, and remarkably accurate, so in this case you simply take the opposite meaning of the spoken or written words, and you get this:' Russia is on its knees, and Ukraine is unscathed! and there you have it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭amandstu

What might they use them for first?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Virgil°

Judging by those missiles I'd say mobile air defense. AIM9 are also significantly cheaper than Patriots. So shooting down cruise missiles and drones is about to get a lot cheaper.

I suspect they'll also be launching HARMs too. Since the HARM work in a fire and forget capacity on F16. And not the jerry rigged preprogrammed HARMS they've been attaching to their aging MIGs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭amandstu

Is it the case now that ,even for those who only half heartedly supported the Ukrainian defense against the Russian attack that any loss by Ukraine would now entail a well trained army that Russia would turn against Europe?

Is Ukraine turning into one of the strongest military powers in Europe ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭thomil

As Virgil stated, they’re basically mobile air Defense platforms for the time being. There are likely not many of these aircraft available yet, so I’d guess that the UkrAF will be deploying them in areas where they’re not within reach of Russia. SAM systems until they have enough aircraft so that a loss won’t represent a significant loss in capability, or the loss of a pilot won’t tear a massive gap into your aircrew pool.

That’s also why I don’t think that they’ll be sent on SEAD missions anytime soon. While the F-16 is a qualitative leap forward for the UkrAF, quantity still has a quality of its own, and Ukraine will likely not risk its limited forces.

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭Markcheese

I assume a lot of training will be on integrating real life information , different radar sources and seeing what's accurate - the recent strikes on airbases and air defense limits Russian air activity , so further for russian jets to travel , giving them less time on target, + more flight time means more maintenance time ,

Of course Ukraine has the same issue, the Ukrainian air force has to operate a long way back from the lines, both to avoid Sam's and su35s , and disperse on multiple sites and forward operating bases - and with the shorter range of f-16 , and longer runway requirement, they'll likely have a lower "dwell time "on target

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

Advertisement