Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

My first electric car

• 03-08-2024 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

So, looks like after 5 years or so as a 1 car household we now need to move back to 2. Very low mileage house, c. 12k p.a., 8k for me, 4k for wife. Current car is a 2014 Lexus IS300H which is still perfect and will be kept. Budget about 35-40k max, 99% will be home charging, so range and high speed DC not really an issue. Main pre-requisites are build quality, reliability, premium 'feel'. Must haves are memory electric seats, apple carplay, ability to pre-heat/cool car (all electric cars have this?).

I had a Polestar 2 rented for a week recently, really liked it for the most part, but the cabin was very dark and rear visibility was awful, though with the camera system wasn't really an issue. I think I'd really want the plus pack with the panoramic roof, but there's none around within budget anyway.

Tesla's won't be in the mix. Really dislike the minimalist interior, and although their efficiency, range and charging are top notch, none of those pluses are a selling point for me and would be so rarely used, if ever, they really don't even count as pluses in my book.

So favourites at the moment are
    Volvo XC40 or C40, 2022 or maybe 2021 if I decide to satisfy the hooligan in me and got for the dual motor.
    Jaguar I-Pace, have to be 2020 likely, so warranty and mileage a consideration here
    Audi e-Tron, might get the right spec in a 2022, might have to go to 2021

EV6 and Ioniq 5, possibly, build quality should be fine, not sure about the premium feel though.

Any others worth short listing? Comments, good or bad on the above?

There is one other possibility I stumbled across, the Lexus UX300e. Probably save me 10k, big concerns on that car seem to be range, charging and size. Range and charging won't be a problem for me, practicality, maybe, not sure. Likely have to get the top spec though, screen on the others is small. Understand the infotainment is way behind others but I don't think that'll be a major issue for me though.

Comments

Advertisement