Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tom Murphy and Mercedes dealership

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭goochy

Strange tom murphys Mercedes display looks better than ever despite looking franchise in near future ..they don't have many used cars as seem to sell alot of cars to the trade . Wouldn't be surprised if they don't appoint another MB Dealer in WD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭dzilla

I think that Wexford will become the regional dealership and that locally more events / customer days will happen in Waterford like the customer weekend they did at Faithlegg house last summer. I don't see a main dealership in Waterford long term.

Wonder what will happen to sheehys ? Like murphys their premises aren't standalone but cost millions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭azimuth17

I believe that Murphy's were offered it, but huge investment in light of new sales system, was the sticking point.

The investment could have been made during celtic years but MB let them build dual franchise dealerships when audi and bmw had already moved away from this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 197 ✭✭Deisedarren

Sheehys put planning in kilkenny for a dealership, not sure What franchise

ePlan - Online Planning Details

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 123 ✭✭Spark Plug

The Kilkenny dealership that Sheehys are seeking planning for will be for Mercedes after it’s built Carlow will be VW only. Wonder did they try to buy or lease the old Young Motors showroom to me it would be a safety strategy rather than spending several million on a franchise that could go agency

I would not invest in a car showroom business, regardless of brand.

Leasing youngs for a few years seems like the sensible thing to do . Then buy it or build a new place if business good . Is there enough business to have a standalone business so close to Wexford ? If direct selling comes in they both can only sell to local area. Bolands seem to sell to a large area

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭curmudgeonly

I asked why and was told the bespoke furniture has not arrived!

Thought that. Sales are not great . I thought Gowans would do a great job boosting jeep alfa fiat . Opel and citroen sales but not happening . Irish buyers very traditional

Toyota coming soon ?? their stock seems to be smaller of MB and VW

They have relinquished the Mercedes dealership I understand and are taking Toyota and Lexus.

Yes we know that .they are loosing mercedes and giving up Vw due to direct sales ?

Advertisement