Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2024 - General Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Dazler97

We could nearly have a tropical night in Dublin if temperatures stay the way they are until sunrise

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭wazzzledazzle

Exceptionally mild . Currently 19c, wind gusting 50kmh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

It's a good job there wasn't any sunshine yesterday to heat my bedroom. Only 24*C inside and I can't open the windows because the winds are too strong. I've had worse nights back in May.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Whatever about a full weekend, have we even had 2 consecutive days of good weather this "summer"? I'm talking about clear blue skies, uninterrupted sunshine, and heat. Maybe back in June, but I can't remember tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭OldRio

Rained all day yesterday. All day, non stop. 18C last night during the night. Lashing it down this morning. Garden is flooded.

Utterly fed up to the back teeth with this 'summer'

Leitrim.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Same..seems ages ago. Was a few days earlier in May and a few in June but hard to recall really which just about summed up this Summer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,008 ✭✭✭appledrop

We had lovely weather in Dublin last week, full week of nice warm weather and Wed and Thurs were roasting with plenty of sun so at least that's something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,008 ✭✭✭appledrop

Lovely start to the day here in NCD but I know the rain is coming later so better try and get out before it comes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,178 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Finally something drier and brigher has arrived here in Castlebar. Hopefully people will able to get out and about this afternoon

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭mykrodot

I was in Cahersiveen yesterday and it was very dull and damp for their music festival weekend. Came home (close to Farranfore) to a positively balmy evening with very warm sunshine between clouds….. such amazing heat! The cat was out on the grass rolling around, loving it. Back to basics this morning!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭wazzzledazzle

Grey and wet. Very mild and blustery. N Kildare

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,441 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Casement and Dublin Airport at 23C on the 10AM report. Nice but windy start to the day in Dublin.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Sammy2012

Currently sitting in 28degrees in the Algarve. Arrived last Thursday evening so got to enjoy the "summer" at home. Here for another 2 and half weeks. Sounds like autumn will be well and truly underway when I get home. Lovely to see blue skies and feel the heat on your bones.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,576 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Watching the olympics on the telly and they are basking in lovely sunshine talking about the poles on the pole vaults expanding due to the heat- meanwhile it’s hammering rain in south Dublin and the winds blowing flower pots around the garden here 😑

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,629 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

23.3C at Dublin Apt to be exact, higher than anything in July. A classic Wicklow shadow over south Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭adocholiday

Miserable, grey, drizzly, windy morning here in South Wicklow. You'd be forgiven for thinking it was October to look outside. Thankfully the forecasted heavy rain looks to be off the table so that's something at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭squarecircles

Hilarious….12 degrees….40 degrees.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Billcarson

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

Grey, windy, drizzle, horrible humidity in Lucan. Unpleasant. It's not lashing is about the only thing could be said for it.

I don't think we've had a really lovely weekend since April 20-21st here. June Bank Holiday was OK, but cloudy. I don't think we've had two consecutive lovely days this summer at all. Some sunny mornings, some sunny evenings - rarely on the same day. Not too much rain, thankfully, but a lot of breezy conditions, and lots of cloud.

I think you got lucky in some parts of Dublin last week, but there was rain every day except Thursday here, windy most days, cloudy most days. Just one nice evening on Thursday. Not a week of nice weather in West Dublin - not the worst, but not a great summer week.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭littlema

After the biblical rain and wind y'day it's brightened up here in south Sligo to the extent that the hoodie had to come off on the walk due to the sun. Taking one day at a time now as I don't want to wish my life away. 😉

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭squarecircles

Oh dont worry they will,and will keep our muck,thers no middle ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,458 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Lovely afternoon out west. Warm too.

We got more rain in first 3 days of August than first 3 weeks of July. Serious growth out there now.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Absolutely soaked on 10oc run but sure it was warm rain so we were sound @21⁰ 🫠

Stopped after an hour.

Lashing at lunchtime.

Dry, drizzly, miserable, dark 21⁰ Meath

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

another miserable day here in Meath in what has been a dark washout bank holiday weekend, Ireland the land of eternal Autumn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,905 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

Don't mind wind or even grey skies but the humidity is killing me .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

The heat in NCT this morning in the wind was incredible. Felt like the med.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭OldRio

Goodness me. Blue Skies and Sun. Lovely afternoon in Leitrim.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭Kutebride

That sky on the ground and the rain here in Meath put years on you.

See lots of blue skies far west in some photos. Lucky ducks. Thought rain warning was for the West.

18⁰ Meath

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,441 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Costa del Southside Dublin and Bray ..

Currently 23C here, no measurable rain today, was 24.8C at 10AM 'ish earlier, good for my chillies in the garden!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,458 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Running in this heat and humidity is a killer. Soaked with sweat after a 5k. I don't know how the athletes do it in Paris.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

Advertisement