Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time for a zero refugee policy? - *Read OP for mod warnings and threadbans - updated 11/5/24*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,434 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Genius from the Americans. You don’t even make it onto the plane without proper documentation.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,507 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

What would happen if you flew to NYC from an airport without pre-clearance, and said the following in NYC?

"I want to claim asylum".

• Registered Users Posts: 13,977 ✭✭✭✭briany

It's clearly idiotic. They're intent on smashing everything they can get their hands on and using immigration as justification for this when the reality is that they're thugs with no business participating in civil society. The idea of these people getting anywhere near power is the real thing everyone should be scared of and push back very strongly against.

Everything about them's horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭MegamanBoo

I believe people seeking asylum in America generally cross one of it's borders and come via Canada or Mexico.

If you haven't been listening to your lots equivalent across the pond, a Mr Donald Trump and his Maga crew, the US is currently being 'flooded' with dangerous refugees from mental institutions across the world.

Are his claims about being 'flooded' lies? Or should we perhaps not consider following their approach?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

It's an ideology the left support more than a reality, the reality is they'll have to face very little experience of any of it in real life … the same could be said with those voicing concerns from the opposite side

Ireland has had a steady stream of 'immigrants' in recent decades without much of a problem, it worked in the main but these Government policies of recent times under the guise of obligations are creating 'Bill the Butcher' types and that won't let up, they're importing whole armies of males from all over who are coming in at a very low level….they come from a low level so anything they're given is already a big improvement on what they were getting, most will probably milk what they can and move on but the trickle that became a stream will continue

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭omega man

double post.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭omega man

Why when you can simply say you’re going on holidays and end up staying there undocumented as many thousands of Irish have done.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Damien360

Strong possibility of a global recession with stock markets globally taking deep falls today. That is going to hurt the governments magic money tree if it comes to pass. When people loose their income and watch the entitled undocumented get handed benefits, the rioting in the UK will look like a playground spat.

It's been said often enough in this very thread that once the FDI money gets switched off, this whole left nonsense of saving the world on our own won't hold up.

For an election, whoever holds the baton when it goes tits up will get wiped the following election. The damage done to the economy by the current crop will be impossible to fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭rgossip30

In this link RTE claims non irish are 12% .They disregard that dual citizens are non Irish and likewise those with no nationality are not regarded as non irish to lower the percentage .

https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2023/1026/1413110-ireland-census-data/

Gript states that 22% are born overseas .

https://gript.ie/22-of-population-of-ireland-born-overseas-new-figures-show/

I do not support Donald Trump. His temperament is not presidential.

Post edited by Geuze at

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,840 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

Belfast telegraph- Irish far-right thugs who travelled from north Dublin for an anti-immigration rally on Saturday later spent the night drinking with UDA members in a loyalist bar.

They were joined by well-known far-right agitators from the Republic, some of whom were wrapped in tricolours as they stood alongside loyalists, including sectarian killer Glen Kane.

They were later seen drinking in a loyalist bar in Sandy Row, where sources say they received a “heroes’ welcome”.

In early January 1994, the Ulster Defence Association (UDA) released a document calling for repartition combined with ethnic cleansing or even genocide, with the goal of making NI wholly Protestant. The plan was to be implemented should the British Army withdraw from NI.

Those tramps can never call themselves patriots again. Traitors. Will the people of coolock disavow them or will they be planning marches for the 12th next year?

Post edited by .Donegal. at

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Repro212

Chill nac, I think a lot of us are just taking in the enormity of events that have taken place over the last few days

I didn't ask did you support him, I asked do you think he's lying, or do you think America really is being 'flooded' with dangerous refugees?

The word "flood" isn't helpful, but the numbers of illegal immigrants coming across the southern border are large, yes.

"from mental institutions" - your post is the first time I've ever heard any reference to this. Clearly, that can't be true.

That sort of language is inflammatory, and not helpful.

It is the act of crossing the border, sneaking into the country, that is the illegal act. What crimes they committed before that, if any, are not what makes them an illegal immigrant.

This language of "vetted / unvetted", "military-age male", etc., that I hear in Ireland - I do not agree with that. What makes the AS an illegal immigrant is multiple asylum claims in various countries, deliberately discarding travel documents, lying in the asylum application, pretending to be homosexual, etc. We know that they lie, as they return to home country after getting status here.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,338 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Great craic in Phoenix Park where the scumbags are eating each other and the Loyalists aren’t getting the welcome they thought they would after their little holiday with the UVF.

https://x.com/soundmigration/status/1820452098158260483?s=46

https://x.com/soundmigration/status/1820452098158260483?s=46

They need to get Steenson back on GB news to get the message out to his people to get coordinated again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭nachouser

That's hilarious, I could watch that all day. "Ah, the Gardai are laughing at us."

(Edit to use twitter.com instead of x.com to embed links)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

They’ll never live this down. They’ve done untold damage to themselves. Presenting themselves as Irish patriots yet go boozing with terrorists who killed Irish people and had a plan to commit genocide in the north against the Irish. I hope they get heckled as traitors everyday everywhere they go for the rest of their traitorous lives. Get a taste of their own medicine. Absolute Scum of the earth. Patriots my f arse.

I almost predicted it exactly a good few pages back. All the "patriots" in their EPL jersies wrapping themselves in the Irish flag and attacking the institutions of the Irish State. Their "leaders" going onto GB news to help them with their English nationalist propaganda.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,925 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

If we want a united Ireland bridges will have to be built . It's a huge start . History will be kind to them

• Registered Users Posts: 38,525 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I'm not against us taking in genuine refugees but for now we shouldn't be allowing anybody in because we don't have the health system to cope.

Imagine marching underneath the Union Jack. Standing shoulder to shoulder with people who have murdered people because they’re Irish and then sitting down to sup with the UDA.

Traitors isn’t strong enough for these weasels that try to wrap themselves in the flag that their new friends burn.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,877 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I don't understand. I thought this lot were all on the same side, no?

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

So you don't approve of inflammatory language but you're ok with ignoring the tens of thousands of IPAs who've come here over the last 25 years legally, and are getting on with being part of our communities and living their lives?

How is it ok then to talk about 'they' as being illegal and dishonest when so many haven't been?

I think they've been expecting some kind of a government u-turn or that a mass movement would get behind them as per the water charges process.

I guess this is the fallout to their failure.

Once they're only taking it out on each other I'm super okey dokey with that.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,877 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Sure. I'm wondering why the banner triggered them so much though. Hopefully, the scumbag to English AI captions generator is nearly ready as well.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

I contend that the vast majority of the 140,000 AS over the last twenty years have made bogus applications.

Many now live here, yes, and are settled, yes, they are living their lives.

That is because even when their application failed, we let them stay.

It's too late now to do anything about this, we made mistakes, they are settled here now.

What we can do is stop the current and future flows of AS.

• Advertisement
Advertisement