Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial Things that annoy you - Mod Note in OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,131 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

iirc it was an ITMA (Its That Man Again) joke from WW2 and it was considered crude and banned on the BBC.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Apparently "it's different if they are your own" 🤨 as per the millions of ppl I've had to defend my childless by choice lifestyle too.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,983 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Phone his mother will he's there and ask for her to collect him. No well raised 12 year old would behave like that in someone else house, even if it was their aunts. You have also reaffirmed my childfree choice was the right one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Even stranger, when it's months of using a cracked screen protector.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

People at work who don't 1) give their favourites a concise title and 2) sort them in alphabetical order.

They give a presentation on MS Teams with a screen share and then are scrambling around to find a relevant link because their favourites bar is all over the place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Charlo30

Upgraded my phone online on Monday. In the past the phone has arrived in 2 working days. Still no sign of it this morning, so I went on the website only to discover I haven't completed the full ordering process. With the Bank Holiday weekend it will be Wednesday or Thursday next week before I get it.

Ordered a CD on Discogs yesterday.

Just now, I spotted the "OUR ONLINE STORE WILL BE CLOSED FROM 24 JULY TO 26 AUGUST FOR OUR ANNUAL HOLIDAY. ANY ORDERS MADE DURING THAT TIME WILL NOT BE SHIPPED UNTIL 27 AUGUST AT THE EARLIEST." message on the Seller Terms.

Just as well I'm not in a hurry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

She's in Spain so that would be difficult 😂

Ah no he's not being rude or grumpy or intentionally messy, I think all kids are just like that. My "messy" and his "messy" are just different things. I like that he's comfortable in the house, I want him to have a good time and I wouldn't want him to be scared of us. But it is just a complete lifestyle change. I'm glad it's just for the week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,880 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I had a restless night last night.

I don't know was I semi awake or dreaming at this stage.

I dreamt I was at secondary school and could take the day off. I even decided what I was going to get at the deli counter to enjoy my lie in.

I then woke up and realised it was work I had to go to.

Then the restlessness continued.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Vote4Squirrels

It was missed out and they put November in by mistake - we'll be in shorts after Halloween!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

We'll have to be, we'll still be trying to dry our clothes...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,713 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Do you mean with Irish people? I thought was more of an English pronunciation, as well as going completely the other way with 'drawrer'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,882 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I’m trying to price cars online but Hyundai Ireland’s website is the most unbelievably incapable piece of shït..

From the interface it preselects two car models they think I’m interested in, both EV’s don’t you know. I deselect both, click Kona and Tuscon instead, I’m told there are a couple of hundred around the various garages.

When you try and access the cars it comes up with a blank page, nope… refresh…. nope…re select… nope…

Modern tech heavy multi global award winning cars but they yet can’t get a website to work, since about 12.30 this afternoon I’m trying on and off. 🤌🏻🤦🏻‍♂️😵‍💫

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Yeah I had a restless night again.

There is this sort of knocking sound, a bit like a cricket you'd hear at night over in the States but more mechanical, that crops up now and again. If I fall asleep before it, it won't wake me up but if it starts before I nod off, it keeps me preoccupied all night. Cannot predict when its going to start nor can I pinpoint where its coming from. Source seems to change every time I go investigate.

Curse my acute hearing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,939 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

When you find one item of a white wash that got dropped somewhere between the basket and the washing machine, usually a split second after the door has locked and the cycle starts. It takes me weeks to get a white wash together 😭😭😭

I need one of those fancy Samsung machines that has the little porthole you can open after the wash has started to add stuff like that in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I know it's "a thing" but seeing athletes "bite" their medal is really f*cking irritating me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Bobson Dugnutt

Related. The use of the word medal as a verb.

Being young is a great advantage, since we see the world from a new perspective and we are not afraid to make radical changes - Greta Thunburg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,713 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I just tried this, out of boredom, and got 923 matches for my selection, but nothing appeared. I clicked 'See more' a few times and it suggested that it was showing me stuff, but it wasn't. But when I clicked 'Sort by price', suddenly cars appeared.

Try that…

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I have never had an issue using colour run sheets(3) in all my washes. But these are whites that would be ok if were another colour anyway. The same company have specific white lightening sheets.

Ta that my brain keeps saying that the incorrect spelling of lightning, but I can remember which one is correct and how to spell it.

Post edited by Bredabe on

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,348 ✭✭✭suvigirl

TA'd that I woke up like a briar this morning for no reason and now TA'd all day that I'm in foul humour!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,572 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I just stop the cycle, wait until I can open the door and start it again.

My TA is the return of overcast skies, wind and rain. 🙄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,983 ✭✭✭spookwoman

There is a phrase my father uses as I have the same over sensitive hearing. "Ears like a shithouse rat". It's a pain when you can hear low level noise that others probably can't or just doesn't register.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,542 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

People praising this oh so good high end restaurant, the amount of food in the pic of the main course wouldn't feed a small kitten.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Decided to go to Limerick this weekend to visit the parents so I got the 5pm train yesterday eve. Unfortunately the train stopped just outside Portarlington for about 15 minutes because of some mechanical issue. The train took off again but the train driver announces that the train would terminate at Portarlington because of the mechanical issue. This meant that we had to switch trains there which caused another 20 minute delay. The train arrives in Thurles with an automatic announcement stating that passengers for Limerick should change there for the connecting train. I was just about to get off the train when the driver announced that Limerick passengers should get off at Limerick Junction. At the junction there was a 15 minute wait for the train to arrive followed by a 20 minute wait inside the train while it waited for the train to Cork to arrive so it would pick up passengers for limerick. On the way to Limerick there was another 5 minute delay while the train waited for another train in the opposite direction to pass. I should have been in Limerick for 7.05pm but instead I was there at 8.40pm. I’m having pretty bad luck with trains lately as there was a similar delay a few weeks ago when travelling from Kilkenny to Dublin.
    Also I just got a mocha and a bottle of Ballygowan here in Cafe Nero and it’s after costing €7.50

That my only 7 year old 'smart' Samsung TV, doesn't have some apps on their store and now, the rte player will stop working on it in August 😡

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

getting sucked into debating with an obvious troll on the current affair thread

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I don't know if Pret a Manger exists in Ireland. They do a lovely salted chocolate bar in some of their shops but they must have change the recipe because it now tastes like sludge.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

people who dispense amateur healthcare / medical advice.

people who open a door that was closed to enter a room but leave it open.

people who see you busy doing something that requires attention and personal oversight yet request of you to follow them to another area to look at something…

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,044 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

There’s a couple now. One on Harcourt St by the Luas stop. Haven’t had their bars, though, only really interested in their Reuben.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

No, it’s not different if they’re your own. They can drive you to distraction and then look at you and say “what did I do’? ‘I didn’t say anything’? How there wasn’t murder committed in my house with a messy 22 year old daughter I don’t know. TA the government, build some fecking houses/apartments so these over indulged adults can feck off and dirty their own spaces.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 609 ✭✭✭RickBlaine

Was hiking in the wicklow mountains today and came across this sight. Absolute scumbag behavior. If they were able to carry all these water bottles and cans to their camp site, they could have certainly carried the empty ones back with them. Total a**holes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Sitting on the train at the moment, and I just noticed that the pocket on my pants is covered in kebab sauce from last night’s revelries. Also I’m feeling a bit worse for wear due to the six pints of Guinness and chicken kebab afterwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭Tork

People on Instagram who show you how to cook a meal, then smugly try it and go Mmmmm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Bobson Dugnutt

The sort of people who become admins on Facebook groups and the tiny bit of power they have goes completely to their head. Darling; it’s a group for swapping Tesco club card vouchers.

Being young is a great advantage, since we see the world from a new perspective and we are not afraid to make radical changes - Greta Thunburg

• Advertisement

Yes

Doubly annoying if they

1/ use "Admin Assist" which randomly rejects posts

2/ allow anonymous posters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭kowloonkev

Always amazes me that there is a category of people who like going into nature and spending time there, but also deliberately destroy it.

Next Man City manager: You lot may all be internationals and have won all the domestic honours there are to win under Pep. But as far as I'm concerned, the first thing you can do for me is to chuck all your medals and all your caps and all your pots and all your pans into the biggest **** dustbin you can find, because you've never won any of them fairly. You've done it all by bloody cheating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,474 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Usually sorts who'll have posted all manner of shoite to Instagram while 'enjoying' nature

Sunday lunch with family then at 3.10pm almost as the main course is finished the phone rings.

have people got absolutely no cop on…? Sunday mid afternoon in 90% of Irish households there is a thing called a traditional ‘Sunday lunch’… usually a roast, followed by a nice dessert where diligent preparation, relaxation, enjoyment and good conversation are the mainstays of the experience.

Post 6 pm the vast majority of people are sitting with their feet up, in front of the TV, just chilling, won’t be averse to a phonecall or two… 3.10 in the afternoon….. come on ! Sort yourself out ! 😵‍💫

Post edited by Strumms on

If it's a landline take it off the hook.

Mobiles on silent in the other room.

If it's not agreeable to the rest of your dining party you just have to accept that they give whoever is ringing them a higher priority than the people who are actually in the room with them. If this is the case you need to manage your expectations (my mam would always take the call to the point I just started bringing my food into the sitting room, that way my meal wasn't disturbed by a one sided conversation every single night)

If you've missed calls ,ring person back at time convenient to you and clearly explain 3-5 on Sundays is family dinner time. They'll eventually get the message if no one picks up the phone. (Again unless it's my mother who would then ring you at 14:57....well it's before 3 🙄)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

People who think the sun shines out of their dog's arse.

Was at a dog friendly market and while the concept is good, there is always a breed or two that just don't get along with other dogs and go spare barking. One dog was constantly barking at everything that moved in its vicinity- its not fair for other patrons, especially those who might be wary of dogs. But surely the owners know this advance and shouldn't bring them to such an environment?

I also saw an owner allow his dog cock the leg against a public bench that someone maybe sitting on to eat food.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭kowloonkev

Speaking of dogs, I happened to see on sky news today a bunch of people putting their dogs on little surf boards in the sea having a race or something. I don't like dogs at all, I think their the most irritating pet you could have, but dropping them in the sea is just abuse. The same people would probably be campaigning against animal cruelty etc.

Next Man City manager: You lot may all be internationals and have won all the domestic honours there are to win under Pep. But as far as I'm concerned, the first thing you can do for me is to chuck all your medals and all your caps and all your pots and all your pans into the biggest **** dustbin you can find, because you've never won any of them fairly. You've done it all by bloody cheating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,474 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Maybe that explains why most dog owners don't pick up dog shoite. They've confused it for sunshine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Deregos.

People repeating themselves . . . Someone tells you about some mundane incident that happened at the checkout till in Tesco or lidl (don't know as I wasn't really listening) and they keep repeating said incident to anyone within earshot to try and prove the point that they were right and the other party involved was wrong. Then they ring their sister and spend fifteen minutes explaining the same experience . . five minutes later the sister lands at the house and they spend the next half hour dissecting every detail over and over again.

You think it's finally finished with but no . . . they ring the mother on speaker phone.

Pictures of your own bad parking WITH CHAT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,939 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Jo Malone stuff. It's ridiculously overpriced and all smells like hideous old-lady perfume.

I'm kinda intrigued as to what the incident was! 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Deregos.

Like I say, I've developed an incredible form of selective hearing, so I don't know the details of the incident . . and I certainly won't be asking them to explain it all again.

Pictures of your own bad parking WITH CHAT

Bank holiday so loads of people are posting on local Facebook groups asking "Is X business open today?"

They're asking because the businesses' websites / Facebook pages don't have this information to hand.

Surely it isn't difficult to put up a bank holiday trading hours notice or a pinned post outlining when exactly they're open?

If in doubt, don't go out and just order what you want online.

Wow! Dogs are the most irritating pet? I have no idea how you think this? They are the most lovable, loyal, keen to please, live in the moment, happy pets ever!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,489 ✭✭✭pgj2015

The way all adverts show so many different races in the advert, its so unrealistic for Ireland and it makes me dislike the Companies as I see right through it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement