Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vice President Kamala Harris vs Donald Trump 2024

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,171 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I didn’t say anything about Kamala choosing her VP in my post.

Your own post didn’t even mention the first 2 minutes of content of the clip so, I don’t know what you expect from anyone else here. Make your own argument, nobody is going to make it for you and none of us are interested in boosting Jordan Peterson’s algorithm so if something is worth saying from that video surely it’s worth you repeating. That you won’t proves it’s garbage from the outset.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭I.R.Y.E.D

It sounds like the "both shity cheeks of the same arse" argument while forgetting what is in the centre of those cheeks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Like, if you can't be bothered to do that, why on Earth should we watch a video (even 2 minutes) of two people that you must know, most of us on the left can't abide.

To an extent you've answered your own question: because we can't abide them. It allows the charade of superiority to continue: first the baiting with the clutched pearl, Sealion noise about oh my goodness, look how crude and base you all are, mocking poor sweet Donald Trump; then further doing so by dropping not one but two of the more outlandish, gigantic egomaniacal c*nts along the right? That's intent, no way in hell you share a video of either men (let alone both) without knowing exactly the kind of response it'd germinate. A pretty subtle if effective way to poke the bear - 'cos here we all are responding.

And that's all I'll say, cos I'm as guilty of biting. Donald Trump is a festering boil of a person and I see no problem or moral infeiority in saying such.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,633 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

And theres a derogatory comment about Harris.

So completely discrediting your own post in short order by violating the standard you claim to be concerned about

As recent posts prove you are fooling no one with this centrist drivel when a cursory glance at your posts show relentless attacks on Democrats and a blind eye turned to Republican misconduct.

Demonstably not the posts of a centrist. Demonstrably MAGA Republican propaganda posts.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,050 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Im on the right, as in the KKK far right as mentioned by Peterson in the first minute of the clip.

That right is it ?🤨

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,551 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,055 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

I dunno, if I watched it, I might have a clue, but considering you can't be a*sed to offer a synopsis of 2 minutes of video, i can't be a*sed to watch it.

Why are all these rightists so goddamn weird about everything?

Whoops

Now, don't you see why it'd be easier if you did sum up the points made on the video given the reaction people have to Jordan peterson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭coolbeans

"In the most intellectual way possible" . What a weird response. Make the point you silly Billy.

Also 3 posts into your boards.ie career…

• Advertisement

I don't understand the need to re-reg again and again and again on the same site, only to get banned again and again and again.

What a weird pasttime these people have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭I.R.Y.E.D

Well most people don't go to bat for a rapist based on morals alone, so most people wouldn't have an issue with that.

Bit weird if they did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,960 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Peterson is the patron saint of faux intellects.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,060 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I watched the first few minutes, and as expected it was just them making up arguments that they could defeat.

They talked about the Dems lying to people and hiding Biden's cognitive issues. The Dems didn't do that, the point was always that Biden was not cognitively impaired in a manner which affects his performance as President, but the Dems were concerned about how age was affecting him now, how it might in the next four years, and how it could hand Trump the election. And so it was largely the Dems themselves that convinced Biden to stand aside.

They also talk about how you can't criticise Kamala without being called racist. Of course you can. But when the former President and current GOP candidate is making fun of her mixed heritage, and how so many on the GOP side are calling her a DEI hire (despite being a former attorney, district attorney, state attorney General, senator for numerous years and has now been VP for nearly 4 years).... that sh*t's just racist. Criticise her performance, fine. But don't get your panties in a twist when people point out the other stuff is racist. And as for Biden saying he wanted a black woman as his VP, that doesn't mean it's a DEI hire. God forbid he tries to pick someone so his administration can better represent a wider group of people while still being immensely qualified for the role as Harris was. Mike Pence and all of Trump's SCOTUS picks were picked due to their Christian fundamentalist backgrounds because that was part of the agenda of the GOP. Trump said he wanted to pick a woman before he picked Amy Coney Barrett. Don't see much mention of her being a DEI hire.

So yeah, about what I expected from Peterson and Morgan. Making up their own arguments to defeat them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭coolbeans

Thanks for taking one for the team.

I hope you didn't injure yourself writing that synopsis, I know MA must have been scared of that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 492 ✭✭reclose

some childishness from both “sides” on this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,171 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

making sockpuppet accounts is so much easier than calmly explaining in good faith what the argument was supposed to be from the source video, you see.

It's the only language the Trumpists understand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,960 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

well I mean I'm sure convicted rapists do vote so Trump was aiming for that niche market tbf. Hes an extremely successful businessman after all. Trump realised that convicted rapists were an untargeted demographic so he targeted them. Stable genius.

• Advertisement

There's not much point "debating" with you as you're just gonna be banned again.

There's not much point "debating" with MA when all he can say is, "Watch this video, but I'm not gonna tell you why I think you should".

And that's all the oxygen you get from me today.

Advertisement