Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time for a zero refugee policy? - *Read OP for mod warnings and threadbans - updated 11/5/24*

Options
1954955956957958960»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭MegamanBoo

So over the last 20 years all you really have to show is a couple of selected cases?

Nothing whatsoever then to show that IPAs are really just normal people, some good, some bad?

But still it's ok to throw around terms like 'bogus' and 'illegal' while criticizing others for their inflammatory speech.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,842 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

• Registered Users Posts: 13,507 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

They are just two cases that come to mind.

I have seen hundreds of news articles over the years, all confirming that AS are making bogus claims.

I should have collected them all.

The word "bogus" is not provocative, it is accurate. Sure the Ministers themselves have stated that the majority of AS are not genuine.

I don't make or turn a person into a criminal, they do it themselves. The AS who discard their documents choose to become illegal immigrants by deliberately doing that.

Describing them as "illegal" is thus accurate.

https://www.newstalk.com/news/85-of-asylum-seekers-arrive-at-dublin-airport-without-identity-documents-1646914

• Registered Users Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭rgossip30

71,930 acording to the CSO have no nationality thats normal !! .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭downthemiddle

Some nice lads out there protesting and keeping us safe from unvetted males.

https://twitter.com/GiovaniChi19/status/1820224030621774257?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1820379406868640092%7Ctwgr%5Edfdff3490d25d86c2599ced701a10cfc13200843%7Ctwcon%5Es2_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.theforum365.com%2Findex.php%3Fapp%3Dcoremodule%3Dsystemcontroller%3Dembedurl%3Dhttps%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2Fgiovanichi19%2Fstatus%2F1820379406868640092%3Fs%3D4626t%3DQ0JwpFloCOPTh9riM3prlA

1. So it transpires that the racist squad in Belfast yesterday are none other than loyalist paramilitaries and a couple of goons from dublin/dundalk. The chief man from the Coolock crowd you'll be surprised to know is Joe O'reilly, a convicted pedophile who prayed on his own kids

• Advertisement

Is it?

What are the figures from other countries and do they use the same data collection methods as the CSO?

And if you read what you shared it describes no-nationality as included those who didn't complete that section. I'm open to correction but isn't that just people who didn't fill out the form properly?

Post edited by MegamanBoo at

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Mike Murdock

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭riddles

People are making big money off this it’s now an industry and won’t stop anytime soon.We don’t have an immigration policy beyond open doors. Simon came in like Mr. Busy but is now Mr. Anonymous churning out the tunes of DJ Spin - interesting times ahead. The chickens are coming home to roost at a rather alarming speed.

First off, these 'hundreds of cases' you've seen would only represent a tiny minority of the 140,000 you say have claimed protection in this time. So that's all but zero evidence in itself.

On your next claim, no minister, said any amount of IPAs were not genuine. I believe O'Gorman said 60% didn't not meet the criteria in one year. Not meeting the criteria does not equate to a claim being disingenuous unless you can demonstrate how the minister was attaching some special meaning to the phrase?

On top of that, even if that figure accurately reflected 'bogus' cases it would still leave 56,000 genuine cases in this period. That's 56,000 people who have likely come through horrors you or I can't imagine, only to be labelled as fake or fraudulent, with no justification whatsoever, while trying to get on with their lives.

You say your claim is accurate, then provide some actual facts to support it, otherwise it amounts to nothing more than hatemongering.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,883 ✭✭✭omega man

whether intentional or not this is classic far right wing fear mongering. Telling people to be afraid of something that hasn’t even happened and that the “entitled undocumented” will be to blame when it does and rioting far worse than what’s happening now in the UK will be the outcome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,500 ✭✭✭Damien360

You are playing a blinder claiming everyone that doesn't agree with you is far right/racist. Classic tactic we have had on this thread for months on end. You are just the latest drone to shout it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,883 ✭✭✭omega man

sorry if I’m interrupting your echo chamber. What you said was fear mongering based off your own projections without fact. You used violent rhetoric and clearly put the blame on immigrants. At least own your nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭2Greyfoxes

The West has wealth, a welfare state, and is bound by various obligations to accept people in… is it any wonder people are taking advantage of that situation? If I were from a poor country, I know I would jump at the chance at a better life.

Our policies and good nature are being exploited.

House The Asylum Seekers and those who are Mass Migrating in affluent areas, and we'll soon see how quick those areas show their 'Not In My Back Yard' nature, as it is they are being hoisted into poor areas, that are already struggling. This is just throwing fuel onto the fire, and wondering why it has turned into an inferno.

Post edited by 2Greyfoxes at

• Registered Users Posts: 7,086 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Just an observation but media seem to have changed term for people from the middle east to Asian people.

And then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭downthemiddle

Like those in areas such as Blackrock?

https://blackrock.ie/blackrock-business-community-newsletter-november-2023/

Blackrock is looking forward to welcoming new neighbours to Frascati Road housing over the coming weeks.  Blackrock Hall and the former Zurich House have been upgraded to provide accommodation for people seeking asylum in Ireland, as part of the Government’s International Protection Accommodation Service (IPAS).   The buildings have been fitted out to suit a mixture of families and single people, and include self catering facilities.  A maximum of 350 people could be accommodated here over time, and people will begin to move in gradually from early November.

People arriving into Ireland seeking asylum, are often highly skilled and highly educated.  Anybody can apply for permission to work after 5 months of being in the country.  Many of those who will be coming to Blackrock will have been here for a number of months and will soon be available for work and some will already be working.

A range of services and activities will be made available for the residents.  There are also a number of local sports clubs, organisations, and businesses that are keen to welcome our new neighbours and have offered assistance and services.

Blackrock is already a wonderfully diverse community.  Our seaside location, vibrant village, extensive parks and excellent public transport links combine to make this an excellent place to live.   We hope you will join us in extending a huge Céad Míle Fáilte to our newest neighbours.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭creeper1

Absolute madness what is going on in England at the moment.

I have seen videos of both natives and non native gangs behaving deplorably.

This is a stark reminder of what we already know.

Multiculturalism can NEVER work.

It's been tried in Germany, Sweden the UK etc.

It simply does not work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Advertisement