Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Robust new policing announced in the UK - threadbans in OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,092 ✭✭✭suvigirl

which is why we need to come down hard on these 'protestors ' burning buildings and causing chaos.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭highpitcheric

Once they reach a certain percentage of national population … 'changes' will occur rapidly.

Britain could have had Polish, Lithuanians, Czechs etc.

I have suspicions how Asian and African communities voted in brexit, and how theyll vote in any rejoin referendum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 692 ✭✭✭Kurooi

Are you against the machete variety too? Much of that going on there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,919 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

That Howard Beckett is something else, really dangerous lunatic, the type that takes the legitimate revolution against the powers that be and makes it the killing field of the working class and everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭susan678

Funny the amount of people who don't see to have any problem with gangs with machetes.

• Advertisement

Also a gang with weapons attacked a pub video is on YouTube seems their only crime was being white.

Media won't report it police did not stop it and lefties seem to have no problem with it.

Just to be clear violence is wrong no matter where it comes from.

It's terrifying but I don't blame them. Scroll through media see how the current UK situation is framed. Even in their own coverage while spinning anti right narrative CNN panned away from machete gangs.

And how does one come to possess those machetes? Are these peaceful machetes or are the British waiting to find out what those are used for?

Mostly peaceful machetes for mostly peaceful protests meanwhile people are being arrested and charged for their Facebook posts.

The police let them keep their weapons too.

The far right is a myth it does not exist in anyway shape or form.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭highpitcheric

Their main crime was serving alcohol.

Which is forbidden in Islamic culture.

When in rome tell the Romans what to do and if they dont do it physically attack them.

As every culture knows.

Crime of the guy in front of the bar was just being the only British in sight.

Got his head kicked by the mob, I wonder if he's alive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,273 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

So are you suggesting the crowds of armed men shouting "allahu akbar" have been edited into the footage? I thought that type of footage was created by idiotic yobs? Who knew they were such a dab hand at manipulating video footage?

In reality most people can see that there's two groups of people acting like animals in the UK at the moment yet only one is being reported accurately on the news.

I know I said I was out but one last thing honesty should always be the way to go.

The 17 year old kid who carried out these murders was not a Muslim and that should have been reported straight away maybe for once this kid was mentally ill.

Also a story went around that a Muslim woman was attacked by acid this also drove those scumbags with weapons into a frenzy that story was also fiction.

Lying and misinformation has real world consequences.

It is always innocent people who suffer.

Anyone who is rioting and causing damage, and /or civil unrest.

Not suggesting that at all, merely pointing out how People can be manipulated by social media.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,572 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Will we have to take in English Refugees in the future , that would be just too much

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭eggy81

lol. Every single argument you get into you quit with that line. It’s comical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 597 ✭✭✭maik3n

Hey now.

The guys with machetes are just ''concerned citizens'' from a working class British Muslim background protecting their communities. 🙄

°°°°°

How about the Muslims laying seige to a police station after the Manchester Airport incident a week and a half back?

Or the police liason officer telling Muslims to leave their weapons at the mosque to avoid arrest in Stoke a few days ago?

Or the Leeds riots before that?

This social unrest didn't begin with misinformation about the Southport attacks, it isn't all a product of football hooligan stereotypes.

The police don't want to be accused of being racist hence they use kidd gloves with the Muslims in the UK.

I don't believe there was a concerted effort to create a two tier system but like so many things the road to that outcome was paved with good intentions.

I also don't think it's fair to criticise someone for sharing social media posts in a situation like this, a lot of things are happening in short order and the videos being shared are just raw footage without editing or interference, the viewer needs to digest the footage themselves on its merits, simply refusing to view it is a cop out and extremely rude and condescending. At least view it and make comments on it after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,919 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

It's out of a sense of fear. They can handle the riots but the Muslim gangs, they turn a blind eye out of a genuine fear of where it would end.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭buried

It would ultimately end with Saudi Arabia turning off the oil taps. I genuinely believe that is what this is about. Western establishments within the last 10 years are absolutely terrified of offending the islamists. Which is ironic because wahhabism Islamic terrorism has ultimately fizzled out since the Bataclan Attacks, and these islamist groups are wholescale backed by the oil pumping regime from the house of saud. I'd wager the house of saud has threatened Western establishments by basically ordering them to import unlimited numbers of members of their religion onto their shores and allow them to grow unhindered within their own religious community ghettoes. If they don't, the saudis shut off the oil. Wouldn't be the first time the saudis threatened to do so if their religion wasn't cowed down to. And now the eastern european oil/gas source is ultimately gone, the saudis have the west by the balls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭satguy

Last year the RAF told white people not to bother joining,, We all remember the "whites need not apply" slogan.

Then we had the Black only stage plays in London's West End.

Now it seems native brits are fed up being left out,, But Two Tier Keir wants them to shut up and be good little boys and girls.

It will end in tears, lots of tears.

°°°°°

Odd how all the Hindus and Seikhs in the UK aren't out kicking off at every opportunity. Probably because they actually integrate into the socities they move into like any other group.

With that said there has been tension between Muslims and Hindus in England recently, Hindus were painted as the bad guys there too, the drive to enforce the will of Muslims is mind boggling and doesn't simply effect white English people either, they have a protected status.

It boggles the mind to see progressives constantly siding with a religious belief that is so anti progressive.

In Lebanon the left helped the Muslims take control of the country and they were the first to be massacred, then the Christian former majority were systematically massacred as well. People aren't phobic of Islam, they are rightfully petrified of it and so they should be. It isn't on everyone else to sort that problem, it's on Islam to become more tolerant and open to outsiders and to reform into something that can exist in the modern world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,592 ✭✭✭✭Sand

You're about 20 year's out of date with that analysis. US and Europe happily provides israel with the weapons to bomb schools, churches and homes in Gaza. They couldn't care less about the House of Saud, and the House of Saud couldn't care less about Muslims in UK, anymore than they care about Muslims in Gaza.

What is happening in the UK is the inevitable result of mass migration. It has always caused strife and violence. It does so again.

As for "Two Tier Keir" I think he has badly misjudged the public mood in the UK. His Orwellian 1984 style police state threats against mostly peaceful protestors to the stabbing of multiple children at a dance class sits at almost absurd levels to the surrender of the UK political class to the BLM mayhem a few years back - to the extent the UK police were actually kneeling to the rioters. It is the definition of anarcho-tyranny, but its still a bad look.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭satguy

In London, on most of the high foot traffic streets, they had to erect steel barriers and place huge concrete blocks along the footpaths..

Why ?????

We all know why,, but your far right if you say it out loud..

But the rails and blocks are there for all to see..

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭bewareofthedog

Dam wont hold the water forever, UK is a ticking timebomb. The politicians know this, the police know this. Containment is the only option. As time passes and the immediate immigrant population and number of second generation immigrants grows, the sentiment against them will also grow. There will be more incidents and more rioting.

Newtons law "every action has an equal and opposite reaction" springs to mind. It's mostly yobs and thickos doing the rioting but it doesn't matter.

Old poll but its hard to find any new ones

https://www.chathamhouse.org/2017/02/what-do-europeans-think-about-muslim-immigration

'All further migration from mainly Muslim countries should be stopped'

Majorities in all but two of the ten states agreed, ranging from 71% in Poland, 65% in Austria, 53% in Germany and 51% in Italy to 47% in the United Kingdom and 41% in Spain. In no country did the percentage that disagreed surpass 32%.

It doesn't matter what you think, who's right who's wrong, pro immigrant or anti immigrant. Far left, far right.. Nothing will change what's happening. This is the outcome and that outcome is violence. Who's to blame? Clearly the government.

I can totally understand why this is happening and there is no solution to fix it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,076 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

This is the outcome and that outcome is violence. Who's to blame? Clearly the government. 

I can totally understand why this is happening and there is no solution to fix it.

Who’s to blame is clearly the yobs and thickos you referred to earlier in your post, because that’s who’s rioting. The Government aren’t responsible for them choosing to riot, and the Government aren’t responsible for the rioting because in all those countries you mention, the Government are elected by democratic vote, meaning the majority of the people voted for them.
    The reason the riots are happening is because a minority who have no interest whatsoever in the democratic process in their own country are seeking to undermine it, and any excuse will do. The solution to violent crime is to prevent violent criminals from undermining democracy with their rioting, looting and wilful destruction of other people’s property. That’s what the measures announced by Kier Stamer are intended to address. Or as you put it - containment is the only option. Contain those yobs and thickos who engage in violence, so that they’re not able to interfere with people going about their daily lives.
    That’s just standard practice of upholding law and order though, didn’t need to be any political pronouncements about it from the new Government.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Vote4Squirrels

Every single rioter who caused violence deserves to be jailed - that is for 100% sure.

That being said - how do you think the people threatened with violence for "walking whilst Jewish" in London feel ? Those who were threatened by mobs with Hamas flags shouting "we want the blood of the Jews!" - only to be told by the police there (ostensibly to protect everyone) to go away "as you're inciting violence. By walking home ?? They then see that there are to be extra police to protect mosques - not synagogues that have been attacked (or Sikh temples that similarly have faced violence). Yvette Cooper has magicked up 117m sterling to fight Islamaphobia - yet this is something that has no real definition.

I'm Catholic and if you want to criticise my religion due to the laundries, clerical abuse etc - then that is your right and I thought we had removed the blasphemy laws ? There is a lot to criticise Islam for - as there is to criticise most religions - I always thought of Buddhism as peaceful and spiritual until I read about the violence in Sri Lanka and others.

There is favouritism being played, clear "two tier" policing in operation and this is making a situation worse that was already bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,572 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

is there not a bit of the "if only people were nice" about that, pick a country anywhere where responses are fiery, everything from those riots in America to stuff you would see from various cities in Europe, is there not a certain responsibility from the authorities to provide leadership too depending on the circumstances

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Vote4Squirrels

Might I respectfully request you to point out one single example of a "racist, Islamophobic rant" on this thread please ?

• Advertisement
    °°°°°

Cite the racism please.

Should be easy if the thread has descended into it.

Advertisement