Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Olympic Games Paris 2024 - AH Thread [Thread banned posters listed in first post.]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Hold My Hand

Wow

• Registered Users Posts: 33,177 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Wow!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭archfi

Feck me! What a race!

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

Hocker gold! Kerr silver!!!!! Nuguse bronze

Ingebrigtsen 4th!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,727 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

that’s a huge shock!

• Advertisement

Feck me! What a race!

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭redarmy

set

• Registered Users Posts: 56,497 ✭✭✭✭walshb

my god.. exillerating an understatement

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭klr87

Well, the Brits are not going to be pleased with that. A USA 1-3, and an Olympic record (first 4 inside the old record).

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭CylonXIII

What a race! US commentary was calling it with 600 to go if Hocker could stay within reach his finishing was the best in the field, unbelievable!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭wazzzledazzle

Massive shock 😮

That was absolutely sensational! Ingebrigtsen terrified of Kerr....moves out to block... and Hocker flys through.

Kerr lucky to get silver but seems happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭wazzzledazzle

• Registered Users Posts: 19,769 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Commentary were saying Ingebrigtsen went too early right from the off, totally correct. He was looking over his shoulder in terror those last 200.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Steve Cram is sick 😂😂😂.

Ingebrigtsen tried to block Hocker (legally) on the inside at the top of straight, but then let him in again.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,970 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

But an NR for Kerr, so it looks like he ran true to his form. Where on earth did that Hocker performance come from though? He must have been 50/1 in the betting or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,420 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Ingebrigsten has an arrogance that makes Lyles look like a wallflower.

Entertaining race yet again though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,517 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Did not see that coming at all. Jakob will take a long, long time to get over that I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,664 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

USA, USA! Don't normally route for the US but great finish to that one, the two snarky ego's beaten to the line.

🙈🙉🙊

• Advertisement

That was some taking of Kerr by Hocker at the finish

🇺🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,947 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

What a fcking race ! Hocker up the inside Inga when all out tried to burn them off didn’t work. Great race.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

I think he didn't see him as a threat! Thought pushing out Kerr was the better tactic.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭maximus15

Shocker from Hocker. His last 100m was supreme. Nice to see someone else win when was billed as 2 man race !

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Hold My Hand

A 3 second PB … Bejaysus

I'm sure Kerr (and Steve Cram, and everyone else) must have thought that if he could take Ingebrigtsen, he'd win the race. In the end, he was lucky to hold on for silver. Ingebrigtsen was basically a pacemaker for the rest of the field, just like Rudisha in the 800m in 2012. Hence all the fast times. But Rudisha won, Ingebrigtsen didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭BlazingSaddler

Kerr happy to beat Ingebritsen! Still progression from the Bronze four years ago. He couldn’t have done much more today. He seems delighted!

Kerr couldn't have done any more, he seems happy out.

Kerr has a likeable arrogance weirdly. Ingebrigtsen just comes across as a a bit of an arrogant plonker, but he was spooked.

• Advertisement

Yeah I think that's it, he did what he could.

Ingebrigtsen interview! Got it wrong.

Advertisement