Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Executive Officer 2024 Competition (Nationwide)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Sounds like good advice. How did you score in the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭PmMeUrDogs

Yep, at least in the division I work in, and the ones I know people in

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Sunshine_and _rainbows

yes, they do have flexi from home and everyone I know has either 3 or 4 days WFH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 76 ✭✭HiggieL

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Anthony A

Interesting the WFH/hybrid stuff, there's not guarantee of remote though I'd imagine.

Also I know well from my current job, where it was once a month in Dublin when I joined. Then two times a month, then once a week. Now twice a week and told we could be made go in 5 days a week whenever they want.

Going to Dublin twice a week is no joke especially if you're not in a neighbouring county. Depends where the position is as well within Dublin. Plenty of jobs these days aren't in Dublin city centre they're further out so maybe more difficult for public transport. All stuff to consider I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Anthony A

I wonder why they removed the choice of 2 locations? I imagine for this campaign that will remove a good few from the Dublin positions. So you'd imagine that should benefit those applying in Dublin compared to older campaigns.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Missy95

wow that’s amazing conditions!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 SFoxyM

Hi ☺️ does anyone know are the interviews done online or in person?

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭SNNUS

Online via Teams

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,105 ✭✭✭Guffy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 coop142

Hi all just some questions for those who have been through this process or similar before!

I’ve been going through the practice assessments on the public jobs website and wanted to see if you found that these were quite similar to the actual assessments you did or did they differ a lot? I’m finding the questions ok but don’t want to get too comfortable when it could end up being harder.

second question I wanted to confirm is- are you on camera when completing these assessments? I saw that it says some are proctored and some aren’t so just wanted to confirm.

Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,829 ✭✭✭shmeee

Please see attached info in relation to the tests for 2022 EO panel and webcam etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 EOtobe

Hi, does someone know what would be the next stage of the competition? I’m in doubt if it’s verbal assessment numerical assessment or both. I forgot to save the booklet about this competion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭pygmaliondreams

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭summersun23

So it's usually 3 online tests all issued at once ( u are recorded on camera ) with a verbal test ( like a comprehesion really ) a situational one ( here's a situation, what's the best course of action) and a maths one. The maths u have to pass but it's not usually counted towards your score ( which will determine your oom). The OOM is determined by how u get on with the other 2. They are timed . Then shortly after you will get your OOM and batches of people are called to interview

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Tupence

Once you get the information booklet about the psychometric test you can establish who the provider is. The last one I did was numerical and verbal both 6 mins with negative marking. Both could be completed separately. SJT, there was no time frame and you had an option to exit and come back to it later, provider AON. PAS providers are generally SHL provider. All these test are recorded and you must face screen ,you may be required to scan the room.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭summersun23

I did it last time round for eo and each test was timed, and you could do all 3 tests separately( if u wanted) but u could not come back to an individual test . Yeah scan room each time too alright . From memory I think each test was around a half hour

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Lor2024

Does anyone know, if I make a complaint to HR about my workplace (currently CO) will it affect getting an EO position or is there even a record kept? I've been holding off making a formal complaint but I have little choice it seems

Punishing someone for making a report would be a huge issue and definitely isn't permitted, if it happened it'd likely cause a scandal so I think it's fair to say NO.

Either way if you apply for this competition it's done through PAS who have no awareness of any complaints you open with your own Department, they'll only find out about you from your interview and the references given if you are to be offered a position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 67 ✭✭mur223

Will interviews be based on the capability framework? Have they gotten rid of the competency based interviews for this panel?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭PressRun

The situational test is an odd one. It's very subjective really yet there are still "right" answers.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Lor2024

thanks for that! Can't wait to get out of my current place, it's an absolute nightmare here

Yes, it's based on the capability framework, I believe any new competitions since June are? But I'm not sure for certain as I don't work in PAS, maybe someone could shine more light on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭daffodill50

The recent DSP EO was still based on the competencies, just reread booklet there when I saw your comment to check.

Does anyone have a copy of booklet for this competition that could confirm if its competencies or capability framework we're working with?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Abacus234

DSP EO competition was 100% on the competencies. I emailed HR before hand to ask and I've since had my interview so can confirm this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 sonbrid27

Hi, has anyone any advice on the situational assessment for EO 2024? What are they actually looking for? I know we have to give the best course of action on the choices given. I did the CO exam and interview in 2023 and got a position in Meath starting in a few weeks. But I applied for the EO position just recently as it takes so long to go through the process of assessment, interview and Garda clearance. Is there any websites that can help the EO assessment?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 InchicoreJimmy

Anyone know is it equal marks for each test or do some have a greater weighting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 49 Newbie12345The

Hazard a guess, you have to pass the maths but it doesnt go to your OOM, just the Verbal/Situational exam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭defiantdancer

This is probably a daft question but I very much believe, if in doubt-shout! I put down Galway as my choice as I am hoping to relocate to Clare. More EO positions available in Galway. Is it a case if I am fortunate enough to get through assessments, interview etc, that I am placed on a panel for Galway & I just need to have patience & wait until a vacancy arises? Apologies, I am totally ignorant of how this works😔

Advertisement