Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump the Megathread part II - threadbans and mod warnings in OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Deregos.

The close bond between Elon Musk and Trump is far too understated . . We have to acknowledge that they come together as one unholy alliance. Musk is gonna be Trump's real VP.

Why wont GAA football fans these days admit Die Hard 5 is muck?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,530 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

The mad thing is, Trump honestly sees nothing wrong with this at all. To him, everything IS transactional.

And a lot of followers believe him and believe that as well.

Civics isn't a thing anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 11,773 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

According to what he said in an interview with Fox News, Neil Gorsuch is annoyed with Biden after the president recently laid out extreme reforms to the nation's highest court. Last week, Biden called for sweeping reforms to the Supreme Court , including term limits, a binding code of conduct for its nine justices and a constitutional amendment that would limit presidential immunity.

In an interview with Fox News , Gorsuch requested the president exercise caution in how he goes forward, BECAUSE THE JUDICIARY IS MEANT TO BE AN INDEPENDENT CHECK ON BIDEN'S OFFICE. 'It's there for the moments when the spotlight's on you, when the government's coming after you. And don't you want a ferociously independent judge and a jury of your peers to make those decisions? Isn't that your right as an American?' Gorsuch asked. The Donald Trump-appointed justice then added: 'And so I just say, be careful.'

Gorsuch told FOX News Channel’s FOX News Sunday that he worries Americans don't appreciate what the court represents. 'I´m not saying that there aren't ways to improve what we have. I´m simply saying that we´ve been given something very special. It´s the envy of the world, the United States judiciary,' he said.

I wonder what Neil's approach to her will be if Kamala is elected to the presidency, let alone how his statement will be reflected by what he does if Trump were re-elected and starts putting the plan he disavowed into effect. Most of the above wording is contained in an MSN report on the Gorsuch Fox interview [one line of which I've highlighted in capital letters].

MEANT is doing an awful lot of work there.

The fact is, it isn't independent as it should be, as the corruption and refusing to recuse yourself from cases that involve your family are showing.

I don't see a problem with the 18 year limit. I can see issues with an enforceable ethics code though. Ethics vary, depending on what side of the coin you are.

If there was a new way to enforce ethics on a supreme court judge, it should involve a citizens assembly of 100 people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,856 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Biden's response - presidential immunity. Suck it up

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

"It´s the envy of the world, the United States judiciary"

It always continues to amaze me how people in the US truly believe that the rest of the world looks on at them in awe of all their "democracy" and "freedom" that we all don't have.

They genuinely have no ability to reflect on how they are perceived , they genuinely believe that they are the best at everything and are functionally incapable of any kind of true introspection.

I'd suggest that very few other countries look at the American judicial system with anything approaching "envy"

Incredulity maybe , Envy, not so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,675 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

It's incredible that anyone can hear that statement and not immediately see that Trump is willing to do whatever his backers tell him. One can agree or disagree with him over EVs, but what Trump is saying is that despite him not thinking EVs are good, and the GOP being actively against any push to move away from ICE vehicles, he will row back on all that since Elon has promised him money.

It shows the power that Trump has over his supporters that he can blatantly admit that he is easily corruptable and it won't cause them even a second of thought

• Registered Users Posts: 3,260 ✭✭✭calculator

If that's how you're brought up though, it's understandable in a way. They're incredibly insular, many just just consume their own national media so haven't a breeze what's going on outside the states. For all their 'freedom', they're a bit North Korea/Russia.

Trump tried to secure RFK's endorsement.

I'm starting to wish he had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,619 ✭✭✭✭looksee

In all cases when an American says something like that for public consumption they are not remotely concerned about what the rest of the world thinks, they are talking directly to Americans, who bask in their own amazingness.

• Advertisement

And in other good legal news for DonOld..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,677 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

• Registered Users Posts: 40,088 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

So trump is annoyed that project 2025 could hurt his campaign.

Ellis seems to be genuine in her apology to the judge hearing her case. I had wondered if she was a a lawyer for Trump or for his campaign, on the lines of the argument made in relation to the White House lawyers: were they counsel for the president or for all those in the White House. I'm damn sure Trump will try to claim she has client/lawyer obligations reference what she can say about their dealings.

She delivered a tearful statement to the judge while pleading guilty last year, disavowing her participation in Trump’s unprecedented attempts to overturn the 2020 election in the Georgia State case.

Ellis said she initially believed election challenges from Trump’s team were being made “in good faith” but was overzealous and took her colleagues’ lies at face value, fuelling the public’s belief in false claims about the election. “If I knew then what I knew now, I would have declined to represent Donald Trump in these post-election challenges. I look back on this experience with deep remorse,” Ellis said. An apology was also made by her to the Colorado State judge who suspended her law licence for three years in that state.

I edited part of the 1st Para's wording and added in the rider about who the W/H counsel represented.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,220 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

Don’t let the party of personal responsibility hear that kind of talk.

The import of the decision yesterday by SCOTUS to refuse an application from Andrew Bailey, Missouri State AG, to remove the gag order on Trump and to delay the sentencing for Trump's criminal conviction in New York until after the 05th Nov election cannot be overstated.

Justices denied that challenge in a brief order on Monday. The order also noted that Justices Samuel Alito and Clarence Thomas would have allowed Bailey to at least file the suit, but would not have granted him his requested emergency relief. Both justices would have broken with the decisions of the other justices.

The long-shot petition sought to inject Missouri into Trump's criminal case in New York by claiming that rulings by Judge Juan Merchan interfered with Trump's ability to freely campaign.

Bailey's lawsuit, which framed the request to the Supreme Court as a dispute between two states, contends that the gag order imposed by Judge Merchan limited Trump's stump speeches.

The lawsuit complained that Trump can't attack the judge's family, which means he can't raise his complaint about the judge's daughter working at a firm that previously helped Democratic campaigns.

What he's said: "When President Trump is tethered to a courtroom in New York due to a rogue prosecutor in a collusive judiciary, then Missourians are denied access to that candidate," Bailey told Axios.

"Our First Amendment right to hear from that candidate was additionally violated by the gag order that was put in place," Bailey added.

“New York is working to hijack our national election and jail President Trump. Missourians absolutely have an interest in ensuring that does not happen,” Bailey wrote on X. “The fight is not over.”

Seems absolutely unbelievable and absolutely believable at once....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

I'd believe that. He's as ignorant as they come.

• Advertisement

Well, the bleaching hard drives thing sprung to mind....

I see the brainstorming for nicknames isn't going well....

I read that at 9:45pm on Sunday evening, the top 5 trending hashtags on Trump's own Truth Social

1. Jesus

2. Faith

3. Trump is a coward

4. MAGA

5. Trump2024

Folks.

I think…

I think he's broken??

How ironic his whole weird rant TLDR is bla bla bla Biden bla bla bla I’m losing bla bla bla pay attention to me

What's with "Kamabla"? Second time I've seen him spell it like that.

Are you ok, Donald?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,077 ✭✭✭✭briany

None of the people involved are sorry, but for one thing - that they got caught. I'd have a lot more respect for the people who bailed before January 6th, 2021, as it would suggest that it really was their principles which made them turn away from Trump as opposed to the threat of jail.

^ Just another creep, if you ask me.

Advertisement