Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi e-tron

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Rulmeq

Thanks, I'll keep an eye on it, it's easy enough to avoid the left port if that's all it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Hasmunch

Hi @donkey balls

Do you mind me asking where you went for the service?

Audi or elsewhere, my 50 Etron is due at 60000kms and Audi prices seem high for what you get.

Cant seem to find a consensus here on service. Thanks a lot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

What prices are you getting quoted?

Mine was in Audi Naas but included in purchase so I have no idea on price. I know they didnt actually do any physical work to the car, or replace anything, it was just an inspection and was told all grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Hasmunch

Service plan is 648 euro for 2 services including pollen filter replacement and one brake fluid change.

Or 249 euro for 3rd serivce on audi website (i am presuming this is the 3r service as i only have the car a few months).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭joe1303l

Audi service plans appear to be pretty poor value recently. They seem to have gone up significantly in the last 2 years. You might be better off having a quick chat with the service manager in your local Audi Dealer. It might work out cheaper to just pay directly for the parts and labour for whatever is involved. HV battery warranty validity might require servicing through Audi if you read the fine print.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭donkey balls

I haven't had a chance to drop into an Audi dealer yet will be doing it next few days, Was talking to a lad in work who has an ID4 he left it into his local Vag dealer and waited while they serviced it took about 90 mins and was €220.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 799 ✭✭✭staples7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,136 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Had a look at one in the flesh this morning when dropping my car in for its 2 year check up,

Also watched Bjorns comparison.

To me the Q6 isnt interesting, the Q8 looks better and is a bit more practical and i dont personally need the extra range.

Same here had a look at the q6 while dropping my car in for a service. Inside the interior is nice the wrap around screen i reckon would take some time to.get use to. This model in particular is €120k if its still there when collecting the car later on will park my car beside it just to see the size difference.

The best thing was when the missis was collecting me on the way out there was a GT in front of us,And she said oh thats a lovely car and colour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭mailforkev

The Q6 looks very much like a big Q4 rather than a smaller Q8.
    I think it already looks like it’s a few years old to be honest, not a fresh design at all.

Its an SUV, very few of them stand out. They have their own brands front grille and headlights and logo, but from there back they are more or less the same on the exterior no matter what the brand is.

So got the car done on Friday Audi North Dublin and it was €290. Next inspection is July 2026 or 30000km which ever comes first. With the mileage i do it be 2026.

Hopefully by then I will be in a newer car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Interesting what Audi in the US is offering. No word on UK/Ireland.

Don’t expect anything either. The recent dieselgate issue offered monetary incentives, and buy back options in the US. In Ireland you got offered a software update that made your TDI engine become less fuel efficient and consume AdBlue at an infernal rate. Obviously I hope I’m wrong but Audi after sales service is steadily declining in Ireland for many years.

A6 etron being unveiled tomorrow if anyone is interested, saloon/hatchback and estate, see if it can get interest where the i5 and EQE simply haven't. I am looking forward to seeing it but expect its going to be too expensive to become a common sight.

ill eat my hat if it isnt ridiculously expensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭jlang

I presume they now have sufficient reliability stats to show that motors are just not that likely to fail in that "up to 120,000 mile" window. A failure due to manufacture would likely have happened much earlier such that the cost to them of this extension is low.

Extending the battery warranty would be a brave move. Once the manufacturers have more longer term degradation stats, they may be able to guarantee against a curve : 80% of original range after 100k miles, 70% after 120k, or whatever gets them out to 10 years. Would help prevent the cliff edge of reaching "out of warranty" that makes people worry about second hand EV values such that they don't even want to buy new.

Maybe not Audi, but I feel someone will do it. Again, the economics of it would only need to be guaranteeing what is already pretty safe to offer. Such long warranties will be more reasonable as the rate of battery tech improvement slows. Right now there's no great gain in retaining long term stock or manufacturing of obsolete battery cells to cover long warranty period but as the car platforms stabilise such that the same standardized cells/pack sizes/ratings going into new cars can be used through the warranty period that's less of a concern. (Right now, I suppose I'd prefer to see the improvements keep coming and let the early adopters take the bulk of the depreciation risk.)

I presume it will be Q6 price anyway, in the 80s/90s

It won't be a mass seller like the ICE A6 was. To be honest I miss my A6 a little bit despite having 2 EVs I like now, so looking forward to this as maybe something I will own in next few years (not new, not a chance)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,223 ✭✭✭digiman

Will there be an ICE A6 released as well or in the future?

Will imagine the A6 strong pricing will be similar to the BMW i5, hopefully cheaper as I don’t think the i5 is selling well at all judging by BMW offering €6,000 off and 3.9% PCP

• Advertisement

in the past the equivalent suv was always more expensive (5 series v x5 etc) but that seems to be out the window now.

In the future, and it's already started with the new A5, ICE Audis will have odd numbers and EV Audis will have even numbers. So the next ICE saloon/avant will be called A7

No, saloons are dead it seems. I always had saloons, mainly 5 series and A6 but after having both a hatchback and an SUV now, I'll never have a saloon again, despite liking how they look. For me with dogs, they just don't work. And other people have their own reasons too, usually just ease of loading and not being able to take high loads. My cupra born, despite being a smallish hatch, is more practical than the big saloons I had and the etron is just another level again.

The new Audi A5 replaces both the A4 and A5 in the ICE lineup and is the same, a sport back and an Avant but no saloon.

I've always wondered how come the Audi RS4/RS6 are estate versions and not saloon style? Is there a reason for this.

To have a usp really against the m3/M5 and the mercedes AMG models......they are generally saloons, I know they are available in estate too but Audi want to be the ones you think of when thinking about estates I think

On the continent Estate cars are way more popular than UK or Ireland. Back in the early years of fast Audis, the RS2 Avant was built in partnership with Porsche. It was built on an 80 Avant platform to avoid being a competitor for Porsche.

Anyone else getting the “not linked” message when connected to the car’s wifi hotspot?

Not bad for just now.

• Advertisement

Advertisement