Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump the Megathread part II - threadbans and mod warnings in OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,220 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,075 ✭✭✭✭briany

You know that cultural trends are on the wane when Elon Musk gets in on the act. Whatever counter-cultural appeal Donald Trump has left will have another chunk ripped away from a fawning interview with South Africa's answer to the question, "What kind of a person would attempt to dance the Macarena at the 1999/2000 NYE party?".

👇️

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭swampgas

I sometimes feel like I'm in a psychology experiment run by aliens. Like, how weird and crazy do they have to make a presidential candidate before people start to figure out that there must be something unnatural going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,529 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

I think we've been either living in the simulation since the large hadron collider was switched on, OR since Bowie died, where everything has just gotten bizarre.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭McFly85

He really, really wants Biden to be his opponent.

Nothing he’s tried to hit Harris with has stuck so he’s now making up scenarios in his head where Biden becomes the nominee again so he can go back to what was working for him.

Utterly pathetic and more than a little weird.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,671 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I think he’s upset that saying her name “Ka-MAH-La” isn’t getting the reaction he wanted, and since it’s spelled the same way in print it gets almost completely ignored, so he’s trying to go for another effort to try and get people to pay a bunch of undue attention to him

Weirdo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭I.R.Y.E.D

Ah he is just disappointed that after claiming that putin would only release people to him among other things putin would only do for him, all he has left is the salty aftertaste.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,773 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Walz seems to be, at my first-time appraisal of his public speaking, another polished communicator. No hiccups, well spaced speech, good soundbites and playing with the audience. The "if JD gets off the couch" piece was good without him getting down into what was reported about the couch and JD in the media, while he hammered Trump with the mention of crime-rate and brought up how well-heeled they are compared to others, with their connections to big business in the past and in the future.

It seems that he needs to make the appearance of one president caring for another, that he likens the way the democrats handled their presidency hopes to the way he maintains the lie about his losing the 2020 election, harping back [he hopes] to lost and fading dreams. Anyone who reads and believes what Trump wrote should take it with a pinch of salt before binning it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,853 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Wait now.

Trump's suspicion (fantasy) that Biden makes a comeback, so that Trump can debate him rather than Harris, is backed up - we have a source.

It's.... Oh - nevermind

• Advertisement

Someone described him as replacing "the dad you lost to Fox News", and that seemed quite apt

Post edited by everlast75 on

Well, when the candidate has dedicated followers of fashion like Marge with fixations on space lasers, pizza-gate, etc, etc the strange and unusual should be expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,472 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

The hatred and the bile from Trump's lot is just tiring. Bunch of robots stuck on the same program. Nothing to offer but negativity. No hope. No happiness.

This is it. How can you hope to attract the middle ground with just a negative, boot-on-the-neck vision of the future?

People don't enjoy living in fear. By voting Trump, that's what they're voting for. More fear against immigrants, Muslims, gays, trans people, asylum seekers, etc.

People enjoy living in the hope of a better, brighter future which is what Harris/Walz are offering. Whether they can deliver it or not is moot at this stage. It's the vision they're selling.

Hosepipe of bullsh1t.... See what sticks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

an incoherent stream of consciousness nonsense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,671 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

clutching all the straws, boiling them, and hurling them at the wall like strings of spaghetti.

OK not watching the clip but from the transcript, how is transgerisim insulting to Jewish people, unless of course it was because Shapiro didn't get the nod that is insulting.

If he had gotten the nod, he would be claiming that they are out to replace them within a week, and his supporters within a minute.

Edit: Also proving again, like his supporters that they don't actually know what communism is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,940 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Haven't listened to it either, but I assume the … between quotes there meant they're parts of different sections of his rambling rather than just a pause.

• Advertisement

the interviewer lines him up - will you talk about their voting record on your campaign trail?

Yes… He is an awful pic, he's gonna bring Communism. She is bad, he is worse, he's worse than Bernie Sanders. She's worse than Bernie Sanders (???), then the transgender comment, then the part about insulting to jews.

His brain is absolute mush. All he has is a few buzz words. He wants people to hate transgender people, he wants to promote the idea that Democrats are antisemitic, he throws the word communism around for a bit, he mentions borders and calls people dumb.

That is his f*cking schtick.

Nothing new.

No hope. No plans. Just grievances.

Stale old, deranged, bitter Donnie.

His rallies are getting smaller.

His celebrity endorsements are getting more obscure.

He is appearing online with weird online influencers, who he has absolutely no clue about.

He has a VP pick that is historically unpopular.

He is tied to Project 2025, tied to the removal of abortion, both extremely unpopular.

He is court twice next month, including a sentencing hearing.

I can't wait for November. I hope he suffers the worst electoral defeat of all time, and that I never have to hear from that nasaly, whiney, uneducated conman again lest I accidentally stumble across Newsmax, or Bannon broadcasting from jail.

Seriously, f**k that guy.

So just the usual then.

Get what you are saying but even if he loses you aren't going to hear the end of him. He's like the drunk at the bar spouting shíte until he either passes out, or is thrown out.

It will be the end of him politically if he loses.

He'll be 82 come the next cycle and be completely unable to run again for office.

He'll become less and less relevant (if that's possible) as his proximity to power wanes.

He is destined to drift into obscurity and soon after November, Fox and the rest will stop returning his calls.

Fingers crossed he starts to drift towards jail cells for the litany of crimes he's gotten away with so far.

MAGA advisors - we need to stop relying on **** celebrities

Fox -

It depends on what his base would do. If they get bored of Trump's act then he's fairly dead in the water, although I have to think there would remain enough hardcore MAGA that Trump would still be a significant influencer/kingmaker in whatever rose from the ashes, so some of his 'ideas' would linger in order to placate that portion of things.

In one way, it looks like Trump's movement is running out of momentum, but because that perception has only hit me in the last two weeks since Biden dropped out, it leads me more to the conclusion that what we're really seeing is just what happens when his movement is put up against anyone halfway charismatic and likeable. I think Trump and team were willing to run the risk of people voting against him and hold a campaign in that kind of negative arena, but what has blindsided him is the Democrats suddenly offering something to vote for . That's something I would argue the Democrats haven't really had since Obama and what must be setting off serious alarm bells in Trump HQ.

But even if Harris manages to win the election, there will still be this odious sector of the American conservative movement who see their goal tantalisingly close of a country that his ridded itself of liberal democracy, has stripped social freedoms and where there is an institutional societal hierarchy. They're not just going to give up on that. So, what was to be Project 2025 would just become Project 2029 and so on and so on. So unless there is some major moves made to address this in a way that brings the whole country back to an equilibrium, they're eventually going to get in anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,220 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

The Democrats also have to prove they have policies that work, at some point the momentum of what happened in recent weeks will slow down and wishy washy speeches and nice slogans that sound good on social media won't cut it. They have to be more than the alternative to Trump.

It will be interesting who rises in the GOP after Trump (as someone said earlier he probably only has five or so years in him), I wonder if Don Jr has any ambitions.

I think Donald Jr would be a good shout to inherit whatever exists of MAGA by the time Sr. passes the torch. Not because of his charisma, but because of his proximity to the throne and the fact that he isn't a career politician. An aspect of what gives Trump his appeal is that he comes from outside the regular political system, and this would be a requisite for any heir.

I'm sure there are ambitious actors within the MAGA movement wargaming this very scenario, but whoever it is would have to consolidate power quickly and ruthlessly lest the whole thing collapses due to infighting, which would be bad for MAGA but pretty good for normal people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,940 ✭✭✭✭Penn

That's the thing though, I think Don Jr would always come across as such a wannabe and poor imitation of his father in a way that he could never reach the same heights.

• Advertisement

They'd all be wannabes and poor imitations. With that being the playing field, the familial connection would give Donald Jr. primacy. It's not uncommon in cults of personality that those closest to dear leader get the nod even if they're not necessarily the most qualified.

In the same way that Kim Il Sung is the eternal leader of North Korea, Donald Trump would always be the leader of MAGA. The day-to-day head would just be a custodian.

Advertisement