Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Olympic Games Paris 2024 - AH Thread [Thread banned posters listed in first post.]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56,497 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Pole gave it 110 percent and still only 49.45

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

She's a cheat and I'd say that regardless of who was running. Shouldn't be allowed compete, simple as.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭dmc17

Loads left in the tank and a shot of octane booster to boot

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭klr87

Heffernan was retroactively (2016) awarded the bronze in the 2012 50km walk, after the 2nd placed Russian was DQd for doping. Easy to forget.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,518 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Anning looked superb in her heat as well.

Kaczmarek really kicked on after Rome too, lowering her PB even further.

Paulino, Eid Naser and Kaczmarek clear favourites for the medals for me, in that order. Rhasidat an outside chance but what happened Price tells you all you need to know about the importance of peaking at the right time and I'd worry Rhasidat has got it wrong. With the run in Rome, I think we all figured she'd break 49 soon afterwards but it's a while away based on that run. We'll see.

Let's go, Kirani!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,110 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Klaver missing the final means she will likely run the relay heats on Friday morning instead. Not great news for the Irish team if we get drawn in the same heat.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,177 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

400m mens looks like a decent battle Hudson Smith favourite but Quincy Hall looked decent to me fancy him to challenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,489 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Heffernan thinks Rhasidat was holding back.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Jakey Rolling

Brit there with 49.46 - after a full NCAA season.

100412.2526@compuserve.com

I thought she was holding back the first 300m.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,769 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Great interview from Rhasidat, very honest about her performance and doesn't seem to have let it effect her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭cmac2009

You've got to admire how candid she is about her performance. Rare to see that these days.

Kirani could upset the apple cart here.. his semi final was worthy of a gold

Can't believe Kirani James is only 31 seems to have been around forever!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,110 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Rhasidat is just such so honest. She's great. I really hope she comes away from the final happy with how she's done.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭fits

she says she didn’t get out quick enough and panicked and lost form. Hopefully it’ll come together for Friday but it’s a tough race.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭archfi

That brief interview reinstated me faith in Adeleke for a medal on Friday!

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

Does she really stay the distance? Somehow she needs to save something for the last 50.

Would love to see it.

This could be a bit of a cracker.

She was holding it back and pushed on the last 100m and then dipped to get a win and a centre lane. She has another bit in her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,594 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I've been watching the beeb and Eurosport. There is no way I'd watch RTE for anything but especially for sports coverage.

two days a long time.. Adeleke could well run a lot better. But to medal it’s likely a PB needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,223 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Hall at the death

• Registered Users Posts: 7,727 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

brilliant finish to the men’s 400

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭redarmy

wow

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

What a run by Hall!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭archfi

What a win by the American Quincy HAll over the GBer!!

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Rfrip

wow that was unreal

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭klr87

Quincy Hall comes from nowhere.

• Advertisement

Advertisement