Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon

1909192939496»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,505 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I had a look at my most recent amazon package and there is no phone number. it was delivered by amazon itself. It seems the info i posted only applies to parcels delivered by amazon itself. which makes sense as only amazon drivers will have access to the amazon app they use for deliveries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 971 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

I purchased an item on Amazon uk, it was listed as £164.99, which was £175.25 with import fees etc. That was the price in my order confirmation email.

But I was only charged £137.49 on my card, any idea how/why? Also shows up as that price in my order history.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Was item listed as "dispatches from" Amazon

i.e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Was there a delay between ordering and dispatch? Maybe price dropped in between?

• Advertisement

Just a few hours between, and the price never dropped. I do recall being charged full price at the time (around €200) on my Revolut, but when I went back in to check, it was the lower price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭EarWig

That happened with me once. Somehow I got the item VAT free. Like you say it was mysterious.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭PenguinForce

I still have got no news about my laptop CS said it should be shipped today.

When I checked yesterday there was 1 in stock then it was gone later on. I checked the laptop's product page today and it was saying "This item cannot be dispatched to your selected delivery location. Please choose a different delivery location." then after awhile I refreshed the page and it went back to "Currently unavailable. We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock."

Is this a glitch? I read somewhere that if location of the item is too far from destination they sometimes won't ship it due to cost for Amazon and hope you just cancel the order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

To me that indicates they are having problems delivering yours and have decided its not worth the effort to sell anymore to Ireland. That happens more often with market place sellers and companies that sell through Amazon rather than sold and supplied by Amazon.

Wake me up when it's all over.

cool I wont look the gift horse in the mouth then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,270 ✭✭✭✭muffler

From my experience the only way to sort this now is to make a complaint about the manner in which you have been treated. The complaints dept seem to be a good step ahead compared to the normal customer service reps. They are usually quick (a day or two) and not only will they deal with the complaint but they should also get to the bottom of the issue and let you know if the order will be fulfilled or not. Personally I think you won't see the laptop so if you can squeeze another wee bit of credit from Amazon you could put it towards another one.

Is there a specific link or email to the complaint department or do I have to go through customer service to reach them?

Out of the order I have 1 item delivered and the other one which is colouring pencil set for Tuesday/Wednesday delivery. My card has been charged the full amount of the order which is £3658.

If I go down the route of canceling the laptop. I just click cancel for the laptop and I should be refunded automatically. Or am I being hopeful and should probably go through CS for cancelling and refund?

Also I wouldn't cancel the item just yet. Let them tell you that it is no longer available as that puts you in a stronger position.

So I contacted customer service and got them to cancel the order and refund me of the items that has not dispatched. Which was the colouring pencil and the laptop.

So being curious I decided to take a look at the laptop's product page. It is now back to 1 left in stock. I feel like it's too much of coincidence?

So like previous poster mentioned. Either Amazon did not want to deliver the item due to location. Or they are just selling what is in stock on their system but they don't actually have it yet?

Another thing. After CS cancelled my order it disappeared from my order list which made sense but it is not under cancelled orders tab either which I thought was weird. I asked straight away and the agent said not to worry it should be updated soon. Anyone has similar expereince when cancelling orders?

Orders I cancel myself appear in my history. Am pretty sure that orders cancelled by Amazon Customer Service reps disappear.

Really? I never needed to cancel an order before so that's news to me. Like there's no history left of my order on the laptop and the colouring pencils.

The only reference is screenshots I took just because of some horror stories I've read.

If an order is cancelled by me then it ends up in the canceled items folder. If its cancelled for me by Amazon then it vanishes off the face of the earth. I've also noticed that if Amazon cancel items that shouldn't be in your orders then those orders also vanish.

I had some books turn up in my order history which I hadn't ordered and Amazon deleted the order and it vanished same with a gift token purchase, but sorting that out Amazon also deleted some items I'd actually ordered and received.

Its a while since Amazon cancelled anything for me so I can't check back and find an example.

You usually get a confirmation email when you make an order - did you keep that?

It seems like a strange system that if an order was cancelled through an agent it doesn't get moved to your own cancelled order section. If that's case, then the agent on the chat was giving me the wrong info as he said it will be updated shortly to show in cancelled tab which hasn't.

From looking at my account it makes it look like I've never ordered that laptop before. Pretty much removed all traces. The only thing that really confirms it were the emails I got when I ordered and all delay updates.

How do I get in contact with CS if I don't have an active order if I have questions about the refund?

EDIT: Found it under Customer Service → Something Else → Contact Us. Then go through the bot answers until there is a little chat icon that brings up talk to associate option. It should then let you talk to a real person(I think). The cancelled laptop and colouring pencil isn't an option there though.

• Advertisement

Yep, kept that and all the delay updates email.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭Gru

Just a heads up, a few people in Cork have noticed very recently orders are saying delivered but are not being delivered,

It happened to us yesterday. The delivery (worth €20 so nothing significantly expensive just two small kids books and an airtag holder) was due and Amazon usually deliver around Lunchtime with their amazon van,

yesterday evening the tracker did its stop tracking thing and when it said the van was outside our house there was no van, (i recorded the whole thing as the tracker approached our stop on the video doorbell and my phone), i contacted customer care as at the delivery time stated you can clearly see no delivery was made (and we did check with the neighbours) and they refunded the order and gave a £10 credit to apologise for the inconvenience,

so other than the time delay of waiting for it to be delivered again we aren't out of pocket at least but a concerning amount of people are saying they experienced the same from Amazon recently so i said i'd post it here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭jj880

Gloves I ordered in May now showing a delivery date in September. Yay! Only 3 months after I needed them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭ondafly

Anyone else having to provide amazon one time passwords to the delivery driver now ? I'm on my second one of these now, and it seems to my eyes, anything over 100gbp attracts this new security method. You cannot tell the number over the phone or via doorbell, it must be in person. It completely defeats the purpose for me, if I have to hang around waiting for the delivery.

From amazon :

• If you're unable to receive the package, share the OTP with someone you choose and they can receive the package for you in person. We don't recommend sharing the OTP with an unknown person.
    • If no one can receive the package, we will re-attempt the delivery on the next working day.
    • Please don't share the OTP with the driver over the phone
    • If you are not available to accept the delivery, please ask the driver to re-attempt the delivery when you or someone you choose will be at the delivery address.
    • Drivers cannot leave packages unattended at the delivery address that requires an OTP.
    • If you're not the package recipient or have ordered the item as a gift for someone else, please forward the OTP to the recipient. Please refer them to these guidelines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭jj880

Just had 1 for a £160 phone last week. Although they dont always seem to ask for it. Irrelevant though because they might request it so as you say its a pain having to make sure someone is there just in case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭ondafly

it would also help at the point of purchase if you are informed a OTP is required for delivery. DHL give you an option to sign a waiver digitally if there is a signature required and you know you aren't going to be home.

Was just thinking that, but then scammers could pick and choose which items to buy on that bases.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

I wonder if Amazon are getting much pushback on these One Time Passwords?

Not being able to give it over the phone and have them drop the parcel somewhere means we’re back to the pre-Covid days where if you’re not home you can’t have a parcel delivered- I get they may need to mitigate risk of loss their side but it’s a not inconsiderable reduction in service options to the customer so it’ll be interesting to see how it goes for them.

Advertisement