Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭Be right back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭Karppi

Absolutely. I believe a number of people in the crowd turned their back on her. I’ll see if I can find a link. Also there was also the Death Stare she got from Catherine just before they got back in the car to leave…..

….

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

doesn’t hold back- there’s too many quotes I could emphasise there 😀

I’m not sure Meaghan cares though- I think she’s moved on- like a movie or a show that bombed at the box office, she’s on to her next project-,she wants money and fame certainly - but I don’t think she’s interested in endearing herself to a UK crowd - she’ll stay stateside forever more I reckon.

Also- she’s just one more ace up her sleeve- the “tell all book”- it wont outsell Harry’s Spare simply because he has a whole lot more to tell - but she’ll make a decent sum now for the script - probably a lot less in years to come so she’d need to sharpen her pencil soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,244 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Jaysus when did the Express hire that self confessed racist and all round cretin?

Harry's latest version of "His Truth" - which may not necessarily correlate with "The Truth" - for the ITV/ITVX soft interview by their Health Correspondent is being questioned by Richard Eden; specifically in regard to Harry's comments about the late Queen's perspective. It's a good read (archive copy attached) but the direct link, whilst it doesn't give access to the piece itself, does give access to the comments, which are already a good read!

https://archive.ph/GqcuM

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/royals/article-13697657/RICHARD-EDEN-Palace-insiders-unimpressed-Harrys-tasteless-attempt-claim-grandmothers-support-continuing-crusade.html#newcomment

• Registered Users Posts: 8,315 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Now they're off to Colombia on another faux royal tour. Another country with a warning against non essential travel by the US and UK governments. Yet Harry still continues on with his nonsense about how uk isn't safe and Meghan and the kids couldn't possibly go there.

Clearly that’s not the reason they’re not travelling to the UK as a family - like we ever believed them anyway 😀

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭backwards_man

I honestly think Meghan has convinced Harry that IS the reason she won't travel to UK with the kids and he believes her. He wants to take them over to visit Charles and is desperately trying to use them as leverage to get protection back and Meghzn is using it as a reasonnot to let them go.. The rest of us know that's not why Meghan really doesn't want to go or let the kids go. She has zero interest in ever visiting again or letting the kids visit. I doubt if she will go to Charles' funeral whenever that happens. She was frozen out at the queen's funeral and relationships are probably worse now. Zero chance she will sit behind a candle 🕯 or play second fiddle to the Wales's again.

As the queen said "Thank God Meghan's not coming".......ever.

So the parents network- a new charity focused on parents being more aware of what their kids are up to in order to prevent suicide

A noble cause no doubt- but just where does the funding come from and how much is held back for “expenses” ?

This will be an “online” support- no in person appearances except for this soft focus in person launch
    I could see Archwell going pear shaped yet

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-13707497/Meghan-Markle-says-hopes-discussing-suicidal-thoughts-help-feeling-way-launches-campaign-Prince-Harry-protect-children-social-media.html

The interview is on YouTube. Below is a screenshot from the start of the video, showing 2.5K "likes" and an astonishing 14k "Dislikes". The 3,400+ comments, based on a quick look as I don't have the time or inclination to read more than a random sample, are pretty well entirely withering. They raise the issues mentioned by @Oscar_Madison and, amongst numerous other things, also point out that the Sussex Squad is one of the worst bullying entities.

Things aren't going well for them.

….

A few chickens are coming home to roost.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,197 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

They'd literally jump on any bandwagon.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,495 ✭✭✭valoren

It gives an indication as to where the demand is for them. Last time they were interviewed on CBS it was on Prime Time for 90 minutes with millions in broadcasting rights for international audiences along with 30 second commercial slots commanding $300k. It was event TV.

Their latest CBS interview is for 15/20 minutes on a Sunday morning on a show which is the CBS equivalent of Ireland AM and which anyone outside of that guaranteed regular CBS audience only knew was happening was because the likes of the Express or the Daily Mail latched on to it and get to create the usual click bait from it.

I did see a clip where the host Jane Pauley says Parents Together seems to be having a modest beginning (i.e. will there be any actual follow through on this or is it another bandwagon type jab). The look Meghan gives her could actually kill. 🤣 How dare you describe anything I do as modest. Throw it out there again that Harry lost his mummy. Best part is Harry describing how parents knew what their kids were doing before smartphones since they were under the same roof while he helpfully makes a roof shape with his hands in case we don't know what a roof is.

Preaching about being a first responder and being anti-bullying but he is the same guy who told his suicidal wife (who could land US senator cell phone numbers but not a therapist) to go upstairs and get ready for a royal event because he said he was institutionalised but who also (during the same time period) had the presence of mind to ring his therapist immediately after his brother put him on his ass because they were treating staff like crap.

It was behaviour for which they were subjected to a bullying investigation the results of which were kept private but which resulted in a telling duty of care/policy extension to also apply to senior royals. The delusions are quite real.

Post edited by valoren on

Saw a short clip of the interview and Harry is glaring too and couldn't look more miserable. Wth is actually wrong with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,830 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

They havent replaced the Kardashians as America's reality TV Superfamily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,534 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Everything about her screams fake fake avoid avoid , im sure most people treat them with "car crash" value only

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Advertisement

Meghan's recent performance on CBS reviewed bt Amanda Platell

Meghan, always the bridesmaid victim, never the bride bully

let’s remind ourselves shall we?

Meghan replied: ‘Look, any woman especially when they are pregnant, you’re really vulnerable and so that was made really challenging.‘And then when you have a newborn - you know. And especially as a woman, it’s a lot. And, also thank you for asking, because not many people have asked if I’m OK”

This for me was the turning point - while there were rumours she was selfish and self centered this demonstrated it - this was her contribution to an official royal trip to a poor African country where poverty child deaths no less hunger and exploration of the people as a whole are rife - she had to pick that moment to talk about herself - said it all to me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,296 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

You'd think she was a single mother living in a damp, high rise flat and struggling to feed herself and the baby on benefits.

Wow- you’ve helped me and probably others contextualise this statement very well in what you’ve said - it’s pretty much where it’s at - if you are not even royalty just comfortable, not even comfortably well off, just comfortable, you wouldn’t even think of complaining when faced with the poverty and challenges that country and its people faced - and even if you said such a thing you certainly wouldn’t want that comment to be released to the press - very clear to see that “brand management” is something Meaghan struggles with - she’s made too many boo boo’s to ever recover - junk status - sell sell sell 🤪

But she had to stay in a "housing unit" in south africa, she knows all about hardship. Who cares if it was actually a grand historic mansion, it wasn't up to her standards which is worse than what people of South Africa have to go through. That's not even mentioning that a heater got a bit smoky in the room that Archie was supposed to sleep in but was nowhere near at the time. Traumatic.

Looking back on that now, I think those comments stemmed from the whole “if this was William and Kate they’d get better accommodation ” sort of argument's that have bored us to death ever since they left their RF duties behind - Meaghan actually thought such a complaint would be taken seriously and resonate with the public. And they didn’t learn from that when it back fired- they both continued to spew out story after story - it’s only since she paid over what is likely to be a fee in the millions to a prestigious PR company, that she’s greatly reduced this bickering side of her -pity as she’d probably make more money being a bickering snitch 🤪

Jayzuz -.it will be sometime next summer before this website and cookery show goes live by the sound of things in this article

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/royals/article-13725235/Meghans-brand-troubles-Duchess-Sussex-American-Riviera-Orchard-setback.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,296 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,495 ✭✭✭valoren

Harry participated in the ITV show Tabloids on Trial. He was only in it for all of five minutes but given his status as a member of the Royal family he was heavily used to promote it. It garnered 1.1 million viewers.

What ITV programme beat it in the ratings with an audience of 1.2 million?

Turbulence: How safe is your Flight?

Post edited by valoren on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭backwards_man

WTF. Is Netflix really taking ARO on as a project? It's a completely different business to streaming.

A source close to the launch says "Her style will be sold as affordably elegant, and her image centred on her status as both a family-oriented and 'regal' figure."

Nearly spat out my coffee reading that. She has zero status as a family oriented figure or for being regal. The whole world knows she has ghosted her poor father and lied endlessly about her 72 days as a working royal. No one is buying this bull.

"Netflix has now turbo-charged the plans for American Riviera Orchard – taking over all executive roles and delivering deals with wholesalers, designers, growers and retailers".

Does anyone believe this is happening? Their deal with netflix ends next year. Why on earth would netflix go anywhere near this? Likely they have shelved the cooking series and polo documentary and will call it quits. Are they just humouring her until the contract runs out?

It's the strangest article. About trademarks outside the US but then they dropped in these weird nuggests of info from a source close to ARO, surely this is not Meghan manifesting? I have read that about some ofthe articles but I think it's the papers making things up for clicks. But this is off the scale in terms of nonsense.

Advertisement