Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Haven’t been paid for hours worked.

• 08-08-2024 7:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

hi there. I recently started a job and quit it before I signed the contract. I did the job for approximately 3 weeks with a weekly pay cycle. I got paid for the first 2 weeks each week but I haven’t been paid for week 3. I left the job with no notice period as I hadn’t signed the contract or agreed to any notice period. I’m worried the company are withholding my final pay for hours worked due to me leaving. I have received a payslip for week 3 from their payroll company but I have not received the money and it’s not two days overdue.

Can the company do this? I never signed a contract. I’m very stressed I need the money and I don’t feel like I owe them anything.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Mick ah

First thing you need to do is to contact the company. In writing. An email is best because it leaves an audit trail. Don't be accusatory, just inform them that you're still waiting to be paid but you received your pay slip.

If the company doesn't respond, go to the WRC. It's not a short process, but you will eventually get paid.

I had a similar experience with the company giving all sorts of excuses after I left as to why I shouldn't be paid. Once the WRC came knocking they coughed up in jig time. But I still had to wait for my complaint to be processed. So unless the company is cooperative you'll waiting for the cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭job seeker

This is good advice. generally, I've found that even mentioning the forbidden acronym, can be enough encouragement to get paid.

Advertisement