Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Robust new policing announced in the UK - threadbans in OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Yakov P. Golyadkin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,721 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

It's sad to see what's happening in England.

England was the birthplace of English common law, which by extension forms the basis of Irish law. The core principal of which was defined in a document called the Magna Carta, it essentially stated that all people must be treated equally under the eye of the law.

This fundamental law seems to have been abandoned in Britain. Simply based on the colour of a person's skin, people of a certain skin colour get the riot squad, arrests, and attack dogs. The people on the other side get community engagement and reassurance.

You can clearly see what's happening based on videos being posted on social media, and the mugshots and names being released in the media. One group is being specifically targeted, I'm guessing the government feel that social order must be preserved at all costs.

Keir Starmer has set a very dangerous precedent here, I don't think stoking racial division is the way to go on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Real Donald Trump

Well said, here's just an example of all this nonsense that's going on. Free pass for certain groups which is blatantly obvious at this stage. Not cop in site btw, which tells you all you need to know.

and again

And people wonder why they don't trust the media, smh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,273 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

If you have a problem with religious dogma influencing society you should be against it regardless of the religion seeking to impose it.

The conflation of Islam with Christianity in the modern day with regards to issues of women's rights, gay rights, xenophobia and general attitude towards progressivism is a lazy attempt at point scoring that is typically accompanied by a complete lack of willingness to hold Islam to account for its regressive attitudes in those areas.

When you take issue with Christianity's historical issues and refuse to even acknowledge the contemporary problems within Islam you just look like a hypocrite.

Post edited by nullzero on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,076 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

I don’t have any issue whatsoever with religious dogma influencing society though, it’s you who made that association without referring specifically to any religious belief system. It’s only natural that I would then be put in mind of the religious belief system which has had the greatest influence on what you call a progressive institution. That isn’t Islam, it’s Christianity. I didn’t conflate anything, it was you who asked us to remind ourselves yada yada.

It doesn’t make any sense in that context that anyone would need to remind themselves of the influence of Islam on the planet when it has had feckall influence in Western legal and political systems, whereas Christianity has, and even then I still don’t think much of your characterisation. It’s nothing to do with me being Catholic either, it’s everything to do with you having the issues with religious dogma or religious belief systems, that you wish to have anyone else be “reminded” of their influence.

But I’m not interested in pointing fingers either, I’ll just be rendered incapable of being able to take your point seriously is all.

Btw I’m still uncertain as to what institution you’re referring to as progressive that you imagine is doing any genuflecting, but Article 18 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights has been around a while now, if that’s the progressive institution you’re referring to:

Everyone has the right to freedom of thought, conscience and religion; this right includes freedom to change his religion or belief, and freedom, either alone or in community with others and in public or private, to manifest his religion or belief in teaching, practice, worship and observance.

https://www.un.org/en/about-us/universal-declaration-of-human-rights

Signatories don’t just get to abandon it when it’s an inconvenience to your beliefs.

Post edited by One eyed Jack on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,726 ✭✭✭brickster69

Machete attacker convicted of manslaughter to be released after 6 months to make room for others.

"if you get on the wrong train, get off at the nearest station, the longer it takes you to get off, the more expensive the return trip will be."

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭mykrodot

absolute insanity. So a woman who pushed a wheelie bin into a policeman is to be jailed by Kier Starmer's government…… and the killers of this young boy brutally murdered in a machete attack are to be released to make room for her? The world has gone mad.

Bit of an exaggeration going on there to say the world has gone mad. Rather the current situation in relation to the prison system in the UK has been going on for some years now, with the previous Governments failure to act on the issues as they arose at the time, leading them to do this:

Justice Secretary Shabana Mahmood said failing to act now risks "the collapse of the criminal justice system and a total breakdown of law and order", including looting and rioting in the streets.

The newly appointed minister blamed Rishi Sunak "and his gang in Number 10" for being "too weak to heed the warning signs that were flashing".

More than 10,000 prisoners were released early under the previous government between October last year and June this year, the new government has said.

https://news.sky.com/story/prisoners-to-be-released-after-serving-40-of-sentence-to-alleviate-overcrowding-13177051

Unsurprisingly, the Daily Mail has chosen to focus on a single individual, rather than pointing out that it is the policy which is at fault, not those who are eligible for release who have nothing whatsoever to do with policies instituted by the previous Government to deal with the issues caused by overcrowding within the prison system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

Stamer as PM is just turning into a British inspector Javert

He needs to be ousted from his seat of power as a matter of urgency, and a more common sense centre-right coalition government installed to replace the woke marxist mob currently occupying Westminister.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Vote4Squirrels

Conflating serious widespread sexual abuse of minors, covered up so as "not to inflame racial tensions" (report from the official inquiry) or "for the good of diversity" (current MP Naz Shah) - with a proactive measure to get knives off the streets.

A new, and ever lower, low.

(edit to change to Nas Shah, Lisa Nandy is also a special kind of ignorant but the citation is now correct)

Post edited by Vote4Squirrels on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Vote4Squirrels

There is a difference between seeing a crime being committed and looking the other way when it is your job to prevent said crime - and a proactive measure to take knives off the streets.

The fact this needs spelling out is mindblowing.

°°°°°

I have no idea what argument you're trying to make here.

Everyone is free to believe what they like but you only have a problem with Christianity?

I'm not religious, I'm not here fighting Christianity's corner, I'm merely observing that progressives are fighting the corner of Islam which is a belief system that has no time for progressive values at all.

I'd gladly remove religion from society in totality and have done with it but at the same time there are marked differences between the way particular religions enforce their beliefs on people and ignoring that reality just to not cause offence is frankly ridiculous and anyone engaging in that type of mental gymnastics needs to be ignored and that's the best way to deal with someone making the preposterous arguments you're putting forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭TokTik

The mob in Birmingham were not on their way to any knife amnesty. They were out to harm white people, as seen in the videos of the lone guy in the beer garden getting battered by 20+ animals, the pensioner who was battered, kicked, and his head stamped on, and the other guy who was kicked down a construction hole and kicked, stomped, and punched.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭eggy81

There’s going to be absolute war in the uk in the coming years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭TokTik

I don’t think it will be confined to the U.K. Europe is on the precipice. What happens in the next 10-20 years will define its long term future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭MegamanBoo

So you want to oust the UK government just weeks after their victory for implementing policies which were a central part of their manifesto, namely reducing prison overcrowding?

While telling us we need to be concerned about Islam.

It's worth noting that the headline above is quite misleading too. The guy being released early was involved with the group who killed this teenager, and was actually only sentenced to two years and eight months. It's not clear from the article what he was actually convicted of.

Labour councillor spreading hatred and violence last night. Probably get a promotion or something no doubt.

"if you get on the wrong train, get off at the nearest station, the longer it takes you to get off, the more expensive the return trip will be."

°°°°°

He's only calling for the mostly peaceful cutting of peoples throats. He perceives them as far right so they're no longer human anyway.

He has been suspended. Got to looking at 5 years in prison for that if they are jailing people for pushing a wheelie bin at the police.

°°°°°

Cue the excuses from him now. "I meant cutting peoples throats figuratively".

• Advertisement

It’s rather the case that I’m trying to understand the argument you’re attempting to make. You call me contrarian and tell me to pick a lane and stick to it, but you’re all over the shop! You made the point that we remind ourselves of the most yada yada religious belief system on planet earth. Well that’s Christianity, by a long shot:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_religious_populations

Islam is pretty much limited to Middle Eastern, South East Asian and North African countries. Other religions such as Hinduism and Buddhism also have the exact same issues as Christianity proportionate to the numbers of their adherents, and then there are the thousands of smaller religions which, even combined, don’t have anything like the global or planetary influence of Christianity.

You’ve already chosen to ignore what I said when I said I don’t have any issues whatsoever with religious dogma influencing society, which might explain your confusion leading you to ask if it’s just Christianity I have a problem with. I don’t have any problem with Christianity in the same way I don’t have a problem with Islam or any of the many, many other world religions. You on the other hand, clearly do, to the point that you would wish it were removed from society in totality. If that’s not ignoring reality and putting forward a preposterous argument, then we’re clearly on very different wavelengths! 😂

That might explain though why you observe as progressives fighting the corner of Islam, as if that’s what’s happening in reality, when it isn’t, but you’re engaging in Olympic standard gymnastics to make the sort of claims and observations you’re making, while pointing out that if I were to do what you’re doing, I’d be a hypocrite.

The fundamental difference between us appears to be that I really couldn’t give a shìt for your claims, which amount to pure and unadulterated nonsense, nor do I give a shìt for what progressives think, or Muslims or other Christians, etc. I do give a shìt for the principles on which modern Western Democracy was founded, which are based upon an adherence to the doctrine of Human Rights, because that’s what separates civilised society from scumbags who only wish to promulgate anarchy, chaos and violent disorder that we have seen in the UK the last few days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭batman_oh

Sure what's the harm. Only an Islamophobe that needs to be silenced would question why it's a bad idea for a politician to encourage the lads running around with machetes (oh that didn't happen) to cut people's throats. Sure the ones trying to blow up Taylor Swift and all the kids etc attending were just trying to rid the world of fascism!

As you well know, they are referring to Islam. 

I didn’t know they were referring to Islam, purely because that wouldn’t make any sense, and it still doesn’t.

there is a very pro-Islam slant in the UK/West at the moment and if you have seen your church, temple or synagogue attacked and nothing done yet there is a crack team ready to protect mosques, you will feel very betrayed. It is playing into the hands of the low IQ protestors and not helpful.

There isn’t any pro-Islam slant in the UK/West at the moment though, and if you’ve seen your church, temple or synagogue attacked and nothing done yet there is a crack team to protect mosques, you might well feel very betrayed, salty even. You’d also be very much mistaken:

• Since 2010, the Government has returned £346 million to listed churches, synagogues, mosques and temples

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/nearly-5000-churches-across-the-united-kingdom-benefit-from-42-million-conservation-fund

I’ll give you one guess as to which religion in the UK received most of that £346 million in of public funds to carry out restorations and upgrades. I don’t think it’s anything to do with anyone’s IQ, clearly it isn’t, rather it has everything to do with some people having a debilitating victim mentality that clouds their judgement of reality, which leads to them looking for the flimsiest of excuses to portray themselves as the victims, in order to justify their engagement in criminal behaviour while imagining they’re on some sort of a righteous mission to protect “British values” 🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Real Donald Trump

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭satguy

I now see that police have picked Ricky Jones,, and he will have some questions to answer.

I also think the cops should be speaking to the Chief of police for the West Midlands Police, for his very one sided post on twitter.

What fool that guy is,, speak to all people not just to one side,, and in English please.

Suspicion of encouraging murder. Doesn't sound a great thing to have on your CV does it. Deserves all he gets the racist far left scumbag.

Hopefully this gets followed up on if true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,572 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

it almost makes you miss the days of the "Patriarchy" ;-) almost everyone had a role and could fit in to society, now "the progressives" are essentially a self-help group for the unfckable , angry at society and playing out their mental issues in a hope that they collapse society at some point. The problem is they will probably win , if you straight-line it britain becomes a large "Gotham City"

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

A bit harsh, no wonder they are letting murderers out after 6 months to make space

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,572 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Funny Ive never met these "progressives" in real life , how such a small minority manage to get everyone to fall a sleep at the wheel is a bit of a puzzler

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Advertisement