Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

YouTube Premium thread SEE OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Scottie99

Ive a few spaces on family if anyone is interested - just message me

Just make sure you cancel existing family in google beforehand because it won't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭yoshimitsu

I'm interested. I'm in Ireland and never been on a family plan. Can revolut

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Im also interested

Still available

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭yoshimitsu

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭ooter

I've had no email yet and my sub is due again next Wednesday, fingers crossed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,664 ✭✭✭Glebee

Have tied to resign up through various different counties with VPN and always seem to get caught a payment method. Revolut not being recognized as being from the payment region.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Just an update on this. My new credit card arrived yesterday. It was Mastercard and I had no problem updating my payment details on my youtube premium account.

My last payment on my old card went through with no issue 5 days ago. Still haven't received the dreaded email nuking my account. Guess I'll find out on the 26th of August if the change of card was successful.

Give me a shout

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Used surfshark for it and just paid via revolut.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 336 ✭✭brennarr

Got the email this morning too. Happy to join a family account for €36 if anyone has spaces going.
    Can’t go back to ads after been using premium.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭randombar

Count me in for a family account too if anyone has spaces going, I got the email today also (dose)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭POBox19

The party ended this morning:

"Your YouTube Premium membership was canceled because we believe the signup country of Argentina was inaccurate."

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Chad_Fantastics

Yeah, I got my kill notice for the Ghana sub, sadly I only managed 4 months of premium time.

Can't go back to ads and I would miss background play, (I'd happily pay 6-7 quid a month for those but YT music is just not something I can get the rest of the household to move to to justify it or the family rate).

Looking at alternates, to keep my current YT account (main account for a family) its just adblockers in a mobile browser, so no background play and a somewhat faffy experience? I'd be happy to pay for a better experience or features if there's another way to deliver adblocking.

Since I can't mess with my family setup, the other option is create a new account, use it to join one of the Family accounts going on here and log it into the YT app and resub to the channels I like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,527 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Money taken last night for Turkey, no email to the contrary yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Dolphinsmile

Got the dreaded email this morning. You premium account was cancelled because we believe signup country of Turkey was inaccurate. Premium benefit gone for me end of this month. They asked me to resign up for premium so I tried to do this with vpn for turkey. Response was we cant identify your country

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

I tried to sign up again on an existing dummy Turkish google account I've had for F1TV but even with the Turkish VPN on it was quoting me GBP currency prices despite changing the country on youtube to Turkey and even the language aswell. Anyone else experience same thing and if so is there a way around this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭bren2001

My Argentina account nuked. I have until the end of the month.

It was nice while it lasted. I won't be forking out Irish prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭feargantae

What email address are the notices coming from?

I'm in Turkey and so far so good with no email

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭bren2001

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭ooter

Judging by the posts on here I'm one of the lucky ones, got no email and €2.56 taken today for another month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭CoBo55

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Funkyzeit

Nuked from Argentina.

Will gladly join a family pass for a few quid. If anyone has a spare one IM me plz!

Spaces available

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,251 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

For the people who have lost access recently - how long have ye had your accounts? I have had an Indian account since August 2019 and my sister has had a Turkish account since April 2023. Just wondering if they are working through a particular timeframe of accounts…

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,944 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

November 2022 via Argentina. Still going strong.

Payment due tomorrow so we'll see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,527 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Think mine is 2020 but I was in Argentina first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭bromley52

India July 2019

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,908 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

India since 2019

we might be ok

The time frame might be the difference I hope

my ukraine account got nuked which was a year old so currently sharing the daughters indian account

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

I must have wasted 90 minutes tonight working on this with a few google accounts getting to final payments screen for Turkey before Youtube rejected payments for both VISA Revolut and Curve Mastercards due to the country of cards not matching. So I see in order to be prompted for the TRY prices you need to be on a Youtube app with your google play payments profile set to Turkey but then it chokes you on the final screen due to it recognising that the card is not Turkish

Had a similar issue with F1TV Pro a few years back and turning off VPN at fiinal payment screen worked after few goes but no similar luck this time

Advertisement