Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Coach Experience Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭AX612

Far as I'm aware Tourismo's were on the 600 as some of the drivers were needed on the 300 due to Clare GAA playing which makes sense.

One of the 12KE Vanhool's broke down in Zone 16 the other night...

Ah lads ya won't believe it.. they sent that King Long to Tralee 🤣🤣 yeno they're stuck when they send that heap of sh*t down there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Jameslee23

definitely need to buy more buses then🤣

One of the Ayats has one of the panes of glass smashed on the back window seen it there this evening

King Long still on the 300 and the Plaxton Interdecker on the 750? how does that make sense?

I wouldn't like to do a 4 hour trip to Tralee in that King Long let me tell yis..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭d51984

Its a disgrace Joe!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭mikeybhoy

Is it true that the owner of DC has connections in the NTA which is what keeps the place in business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭jhansynk10

This is a video down in Limerick (just past Adare). The drives are on such quick turnabouts that he drove straight through the roundabout to get skirt time. I'd have serious concern about that companies safety record as well as the conditions of their buses.

https://www.facebook.com/reel/901001141831310

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,731 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

That's one unfounded conclusion on that incident.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,504 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

It's no wonder the front of that coach is falling to bits. Do any of their drivers actually receive any official training from staff to drive these coaches on the roads safely? I'll bet changing the front bumper on it will cost a lot more in insurance in future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,214 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Anyone got a spare headlight bulb?

Real time info is fairly confusing, saying that it left 20 minutes early.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tow

I have seen it leaving early, with people arriving with suitcases as at is just around the corner at the Dundum library lights. I could only hope it was the end of their shift and another bus was arriving 10 mins later.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

think that 132 minivan will probably be gone in the New Year

i’ve just seen in the Facebook group that the green bus is running into financial problems so they could be looking for new owner shortly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭embraer170

Seen today in Tralee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,504 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

How bad are the financial issues within Dublin Coach at the moment?

How come Dublin Coach aren't listed on the signage at the airport?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

They operate out of the Coach Park, Zone 16.

The other stops are official stops that the operators pay Dublin Airport to use and are thus advertised by Dublin Airport. Zone 16 is for random other coach operators who don’t have an official relationship with DAA. JJ Kavanagh operate out of there too and aren’t listed too.

In the past Dublin Coach use to have one of those official spots, but they dropped it and moved to zone 16, I assume to save money.

Their name is on a bit of paper on one of the signs in zone 16. I thought I had a photo of it but can't find it at the moment.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Advertisement

It's not often that you actually need air conditioning in Ireland, but a glass roof on a summer afternoon is one of those times. We sweltered, until the driver got moving on the M50 and got a bit of air going.

It wasn't helped by the loud ethnic music chosen by the driver, with frequent mid-song channel changes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭mikeybhoy

That yoke was supposed to be an open top thingy for doing tours I think. I don't think DC still do tours I know they sold their Dublin City tour operation to Extreme Ireland who operate under the Citysightseeing brand.

They must have fixed the roof trim which vibrates like mad as she bombs down the M50, unless it flew off.

They've left a Vanhool in the Red Cow for the last 2 or 3 days! it broke down and they never came to recover it. Might be still there if any of yous go down to Red Cow.. how is it possible lads I'll never know

it wasn’t specified but from what is been said in the Facebook group it doesn’t look like they’re gonna be buying any more buses in 2025

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,731 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

It was moved this evening with a tractor and then tow truck. I presume tow truck couldn't get to it with the curve.

Setra driving out of service on the south quays with the engine cover all the way up!! apparently it's a known Setra issue but the company who owns it doesn't help things

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭chasm

Does anyone know a way to contact Dublin Coach which will result in an actual response. A friend is trying to book tickets on their website, but she is a travel pass holder and it will not let her add her 6 year old to the booking, stating there must be a paying adult on the booking before a child can be added. (she is paying for the seat reservation for her own ticket)

She has phoned DC, emailed, and contacted them via FB but has had no response other than an automated reply. She is quite anxious as she is attending an event and needs to be there by a certain time. Any suggestions?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

I believe that a seat reservation for a free travel pass holder is not deemed as a 'paying adult' as far as DC are concerned.

Advertisement