Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BGS 2024 - Round 6 Macreddin - 17th August 13:40

• 05-08-2024 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭

The last outing before our Captains weekend is coming soon. Macreddin is one of the courses I've been really looking forward to and it will be a first for the society where everyone will be in a Buggy. Believe me, after playing it early in the year, it is a good course to have a buggy on - even just for the distance between the 9th green and the 10th tee box (it'd be a long walk).

The course itself has a lovely variety of holes with some short par 4's, doglegs, a lovely shortish downhill par 3, a couple of par 5's that require a bit of thought and strategy.

NTP will probably be the 4th and LD the 15th - if anyone knows the course well, please let me know if there are better holes for these (especially the LD hole)

Tee times start from 13:40 and booking will open soon - I'll update this post with the opening details shortly.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,574 ✭✭✭blue note

I'm disappointed to miss this one. I've played the course twice and it's wonderful. I'm not sure of my score exactly, but I'd say I definitely broke 40 points over those two days. It's a brutally hard course - long, narrow and the misses are often into gorse bush. But it's tremendous fun. The downhill par 3 is great - you're taking off about 3 clubs it's so far downhill. Then one of the days it was into a big wind, so I was adding on a few more. The ball in the air and I had no idea if I was going to land short of all the stuff you need to clear or fly all the way over the green into the trees. It was the latter. The par 4 12th is a great hole - it's not so much about being brave on the hole or not - it's more that you'll have to choose to be brave on the tee or your approach.

17 is a perfect NTP hole, but I think 4th is a little better again due to the element of chance with the tee shot. I think 15 should be grand for LD - the only thing I'm wondering about is whether the path running across the fairway could catch the really long drives if the conditions are favourable. I wonder would 10 be a good one? I think the green is just out of range, but it's a relatively safe drive and really you're just lashing it in the direction of the green. Or on the front 9 the 3rd and 8th have endless room to keep running on the fairway. I just wouldn't recommend missing the fairway on either. But any of those 3 or the one you mentioned will be perfect really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,039 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

looking forward to this one very much as I was sure to play it a few times but always frosted off, so as I don’t expect frost in the middle of August, I relish the chance to play it for the first time

• Administrators Posts: 53,955 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

It's been quite a while since I played here, but I think the front 9 is the one that has more gorse etc in the rough with tight holes snaking up/down/across the valley, while the back 9 is a bit more parkland-like with trees and water hazards?

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Alanm

This is now open for booking. Please also check the poll for captains day and vote in it if possible.

Thanks,
    Alan.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

Booked in.

For various boring reasons I need to be out early so if re-orgs are needed I’d appreciate being let out as early as possible please.

Also, does the fee include buggy hire?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭a post punk

Looking forward to this 1 also and scratch another course off the list. I’m hitting for 80 played now and done a good few this year. Great reports on this aswell and a buggy might be nice considering the travel time for this, I might get out as early as possible and probably not hang around afterwards with the later tee time unfortunately.
    PP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 609 ✭✭✭bakerbhoy

Having issue trying to book.

incorrect selection.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Sorbet

I had trouble trying to book onto an existing line - was only able to book alone - maybe someone is trying to tell me something 😉. Feel free to move to any time slot. Looking forward to this one.

What version of the app have you got? Looks like the latest one is 1.0.99

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭doublecross

I'm having the same issue. My app version is 1.0.99

Thanks for letting us know, we'll try to get it checked tomorrow…

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Macker1

Same issue here when trying to book onto any line that already had players booked. No issue in booking onto another line that had no players.

Strange !!!!

Also on app version 1.0.99

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Snackbox20

Looking forward to this course, like @a post punk was saying earlier, this will be another new course for me.

Must top up the purse and get booked in asap

Hi guys,

Having same issue trying to book on some of the lines available. I have app version 1.0.99

Thank you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭kev_s88

Booked in now. After missing the last one I'm really looking forward to this. It's a course that's been on the bucket list for a while so glad to get it ticked off

Uninstall and reinstall app but unfortunately was unable to book a tee time for macreddin

App version 1.0.99

Logged out etc… No difference

I am unable to post, well type any message from my Phone .. its up to date on software updates. As soon as i space the message disapears and returns to first character.

I need to get out in first groups… I have to get back for work.. Night Shift..

So if manually entering us poor souls ,can i be put in first or second group please…

We'll try to get this checked out and will provide an update once this has been fixed. Apologies for the delay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭a post punk

I was able to book there again so should be all good.

Ill try there and see what happens.

Nice one @a post punk , got booked in on the 14:20 slot. Thanks a million

Got booked in..

Is there a plan for afterwards given there's no club house at Macreddin?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 weapon of grass destruction

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 733 ✭✭✭bobster453

• Registered Users Posts: 22 weapon of grass destruction

Country club bob with the prawn sambo's. @awec that sounds top notch,

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

There is a pub/restaurant in the village but check first as when I was there last year they stopped serving food at 3pm!

Advertisement