Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Islamists planning terror attack at Taylor Swift Concert force cancellation

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭MegamanBoo

There's a surprise, no evidence to support your little conspiracy theory.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭susan678

Forget race like I have said on threads before children learn hate from adults.

Islam has spread over the centuries and while white people are a minority of Muslims they do exist.

Now with that in mind would you reframe you're question in fair way.

What percentage of terror attacks worldwide carried over the last 20 years were perpetrated by non Muslims?

The following graph is from an official EU site.

What question did I ask that needs reframing?

That's an interesting graph and great to know we're managing to arrest so many Islamic Terrorist suspects.

Going by these statistics on numbers of attacks, taken from the same source, it would seem that Islamic attacks only make up a relatively small amount of those completed, with ethno-nationalist and separatist groups the biggest perpetrators.

https://www.consilium.europa.eu/en/infographics/terrorism-eu-facts-figures/

Ethno-nationalist and separatist groups are pure scum no doubt the likes of the IRA Loyalist scum and ETA in Spain.

However no nation imports any of these groups and these groups evil as they are don't usually export their terror around the globe.

Islam is the leading exporter in international terror there is no other group like them non even close.

I do also accept the vast majority of Muslims do not carry out terror attacks and I believe most don't agree with terrorism but they dare not say that out loud for fear of their lives.

Free speech and the mythical far right is not the problem people need to hold the Muslim world to account for the large problem within their ranks only they can solve it.

People are sick of the excuses and lies of the media government and the left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,819 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

• Advertisement

My last word here in this thread it is very thankful that this attack was foiled somebody did their job and God Bless them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭Jizique

The West could bomb Israel to smithereens and murder all Jews "because they deserve it" according to Hamas and its western supporters, the land of Israel could be handed over to the Palestinians and it would still be run by Hamas (who will never give up power, it will still be an absolute sithole just like Iran, and it will not change a thing for the people - they will still be raised to hate the west and blame all their woes on us.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭2Greyfoxes

Erm, your talking about race/ethnicity here. I'm referring to religion. The two don't go hand in hand, that is to say, one's skin tone doesn't indicate one's faith.

Clever word play may win debates, but it doesn't make it true.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭2Greyfoxes

Show me the mythical Islamic nation that has equal rights for Women, and thise who are LGBTQ+.

It doesn't exist, so why should we in the West who stride for equality allow those who actively go against it tolerate the intolerant.

Clever word play may win debates, but it doesn't make it true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,213 ✭✭✭suvigirl

There are strict Islamic countries and there are Muslim majority countries. They are not the same. There are millions of Muslims living their lives as people in the 'West '

The ignorance of people about Muslims is shocking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭brickster69

According to the BBC. A few different reports going around but maybe best not to mention them until more reports come in.

"if you get on the wrong train, get off at the nearest station, the longer it takes you to get off, the more expensive the return trip will be."

• Registered Users Posts: 9,830 ✭✭✭buried

Well done to the Austrian police force and their operatives, potentially saved hundreds of innocent lives.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭thereiver

I read one of the potential terrorists was only 17 I think large concerts should only employ people who are at least 20 years old with 2 years experience working at venues and they should be vetted by police even if they don't work as security staff .its hard to vet a 17 year old .I think most Muslims have no interest in violent acts or terrorist actions .there is a problem with social media. Elon musk has sacked most of the content moderation team

He has allowed extreme right wing users to post misinformation and racist content on x , Twitter .I think there,ll be extra security at the next Taylor swift concerts in the UK .it's a shame the concerts have been canceled and 1000s of fans are disappointed but its understandable they feel it's not safe to go ahead with them

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭thereiver

I wonder will the Eu bring in regulations re social media. Eg asking meta and x to remove users who post racist content misinformation and posts that encourage violence or support isis or other terrorist groups .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,669 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

there ain’t no reforming it unfortunately. Islamic leaders could not give two flying fûcks what anyone else thinks…Why do I think this….. They see what has happened and is happening…. Yet you rarely see any meaningful condemnation from them. That isn’t accidental.

The only solution is for the EU to stop giving access to people of countries and traditions that have incompatible cultures and political / religious views as ourselves…to the extent some of them they want to blow up concert venues full of people, train stations or other places…..And when it happens their so called community ‘leaders’ are often very silent. Border controls happen worldwide and have done for centuries…

I just googled ‘ islamic leaders comment on terror attacks ‘…. I see nothing on the first page that google brings up…

President Obama : “It is time for the world — especially Muslim communities — to explicitly, forcefully, and consistently reject the ideology of organizations like al Qaeda and ISIL.”

He said that because it needed to be said ^

No difference from asking Irish Catholic hierarchy and people of that faith to denounce IRA or other nationalist terror attacks… which they did…remember Cardinal Cathal Daly ? More besides Where are the loud, brave men and women of the Islamic faith ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭StrawbsM

I’ve just been watching some live TikToks of swifties currently in Vienna. They’re singing with each other, dancing with each other and just showing the best side of humans.

Found myself staring at them as the exact group of wonderful people who would have lost their lives if the terrorists hadn’t been found out. Sobering thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,957 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Not a coincidence, it's a deliberately provocative strategy that Islamists have settled on. Islamic State described it as removing the grey zone.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭NiceFella

Western powers have been extremely violent in the middle east for decades.

The house of saud and its ancestors have been extremely violent in the Arabian peninsula for centuries.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,114 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

This thread is about the planned terror attack in Austria. It is not another thread to be throwing in comments about grooming gangs and the like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 817 ✭✭✭thatsdaft

….

The voting trend in most islamic countries is to ever more restrictive and conservative Islamist govts.

If the hashemite dynasty fell in Jordan. It would quickly become an increasingly strict Islamic state.

Assad, for his numerous faults and wrongs, is not conservative, religious or anti women.

People often ignore one of the bigger acts of public outrage against him prior to the civil war was a reaction to his legal crack down on honour killings.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭NiceFella

Yeah, so both have a history of violence. Glad we cleared that one up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭Jizique

Assad obviously Syria but you are right, he was seen as fairly pro Western and ran an open society - civil war was attacked from both sides, from one side wanting free elections and then from ISIS-types

The side that wanted free and fair elections were so small in number that they never were going to have an impact.

Recently in Iraq they wanted to bring in a law sentencing gays to death. In line with islamic jurisprudence, that's on hold because of western pushback and economic threats

Today they lowered the age of marriage to 9, in line with, you guessed it.

These people have their own views on how the world should be and it is only western narcissism that says it is in response to western actions etc

Only one of them has been doing it for centuries, castigating the entire region into barbaric violence that has become the norm for everything that resides in it. Western powers, notably the United States are only playing catch up to the violence because that is literally all the region understands.

I'd imagine much of the propaganda put forward by Islamic extremists is quite similar to what we hear from our right wing extremists.

I'd say it goes very much along the lines of saying western cultures are trying to invade them, western men are a threat to women, western beliefs are inherently violent and warlike, etc, etc.

• Advertisement

Advertisement