Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump the Megathread part II - threadbans and mod warnings in OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,937 ✭✭✭✭Penn

• Registered Users Posts: 11,772 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

At his Mar-A-Lago news conference, Former President Donald Trump said that he would rather be running against Vice President Kamala Harris over President Joe Biden. “We were given Joe Biden, and now we’re given somebody else. And I think frankly, I’d rather be running against the somebody else,” Trump said at a news conference on Thursday. Trump attacked Harris’ policy stances and said that she is a “radical left person.”

As if he's been given any choice in the matter and he is trying to sugarcoat that reality for himself and his digestive system. Now to see if his latest position on which candidate he'd really prefer to run against is understood by his campaign team, that the person asserting that he'd like Joe back and Kamala gone from the stage get's the message.

Noticeable that his term of reference "Kamabla" was replaced by "the somebody else", ignoring and dissing her being a woman. Roll on the debates between him and Kamala, and the separate debate between their candidate V/P's.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,529 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

He just said abortion isn't going to be a very big issue.

Oh boy. Talk about finger on the pulse.

He then went on to talk about Dems supporting after birth abortions.

The "reporters" should be ashamed for letting that one pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,671 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

It is a stretch to call this a press conference.

This man is not well, he is really not well.

I wouldn't bother if I was a reporter there, everyone [including their editors] would have seen and heard the bloop. The editors can just ensure the printers and news readers highlight it in speech and print, Trump-style.

Edit: This from the CNN online print report…

Former President Donald Trump said he believes abortion “has become much less of an issue” ahead of the November election.

“I think it’s actually going to be a very small issue,” Trump said.

Trump repeated that he believes in abortion exceptions for instances of rape, incest and the life of the mother.

“I believe strongly,” he said Thursday in Palm Beach, Florida, at a news conference. “I think that that’s a very important thing.”

Run with the above as the story headlines is the editors call……..

Now as I understand it [and I ask to be corrected if I'm wrong] that one of the stated reasons for abortions to be allowed in states which don't approve of abortions as a female standard health issue is the health of the woman, and not the life of the woman….

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭briany

I didn't know he had a nickname for Newsome - "New Scum".

He's saying he was very protective of Hilary Clinton….

Jaysis, he is not well at all. "75% of the country is MAGA now, because it makes sense"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,750 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

What a weird old man he is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,669 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

'Oscar winning performances' to be sure:

"I’m doing tremendous amounts of taping here. We have commercials that are at a level I don’t think that anybody’s ever done before"

I wonder how many outtakes he's had? Thinking of January 6.

This is his excuse for why JD is on the chaise behind Harris on the campaign trail while he hides away at Mar a Lago and calls into his safe spaces like Fox and Friends

https://www.mediaite.com/trump/what-a-stupid-question-trump-rages-at-reporter-for-asking-about-his-limited-campaign-schedule/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

As someone remarked here previously, the contemptuous way he says "black" is very similar to the way white South Africans enunciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,321 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Let's also not forget that millions and millions of Americans see this man as some sort of deity on earth and a person that their kids should look up to as a leader and inspiration. It's important not to forget that and let this sh!t become normal.

Lara Trump on with Chris Cuomo on News Nation yesterday:

Lara Trump, the daughter-in-law of Donald Trump and co-chair of the Republican National Committee, insisted that she is committed to election integrity and if her father-in-law doesn’t “legitimately win” come November, there “will be no problem”.

“My job at the RNC and our number one focus has been election integrity,” Lara told Chris Cuomo on NewsNation. “I can assure you if he does not legally and legitimately win this election there will be no problem.”

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————-

Now that sound's nice as a statement from her as co-chair of the GOP but the question is: will he and his base camp followers within and without the GOP follow her commitment to electoral integrity? What if they don't see him not winning the presidential election "legitimately" in the same light as her but see it in the light of four years ago?

To cap it off: “You can argue whatever you want about the 2020 election, but there is no doubt that half the country, maybe more, feels like there was something off in that election,” Lara told Cuomo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,481 ✭✭✭francois

What a...weird presser. He draws crowds bigger tham MLK's I have a dream speech apparently.

Rambling, at times incoherent, looking very much the out of touch old man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,853 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

A list of questions that *should* have been asked....

for people who don't support Elon's nazified Twitter what are they

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,937 ✭✭✭✭Penn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,936 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

He keeps using the 2019 virginia repeal act in 2019 as a "Democrats want to kill babies". Katy Tran was pushing abortion to be allowed even when the baby is on the way and Ralph Northam said that a woman would have the baby, they'd make the baby comfortable and then they'd decide what to do with it. That bill didn't pass so Trump ranting and raving about it is fairly pointless

• Advertisement

Northam's comments were cheapfaked iirc., stripped of context and cut down etc.

https://apnews.com/article/fact-check-ralph-northam-virginia-abortion-952598071326

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/31/politics/ralph-northam-third-trimester-abortion/index.html

“[Third trimester abortions are] done in cases where there may be severe deformities. There may be a fetus that’s nonviable. So in this particular example, if a mother is in labor, I can tell you exactly what would happen,” Northam, a pediatric neurosurgeon, told Washington radio station WTOP. “The infant would be delivered. The infant would be kept comfortable. The infant would be resuscitated if that’s what the mother and the family desired. And then a discussion would ensue between the physicians and the mother.”

"the infant" in this context was a nonviable fetus, ie. a fetus that has a critically low or zero chance of survival, even coding ie. in need of resuscitation. Makes more sense than the illusory truth the right gaslighted which boiled down to the talking point of 'setting aside the baby' like he was King Solomon chopping a healthy baby in half or not.

Tran completely ate **** on her commentary and owned up to her flub - has won 2 re-elections since

https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/virginia-lawmaker-kathy-tran-says-she-misspoke-on-abortion-bill-after-getting-death-threats-1986465

Glenn Youngkin defeated Northam.

Apparently the issue of the debates is sorted. Trump said that he has “agreed” to debates hosted by Fox News on September 4, ABC on September 10, and NBC on September 25. “We have spoken to the heads of the network, and it's all been confirmed, other than some fairly minor details,” he said.

I cant help supposing that the "some fairly minor details" might well an be an agreement between him and Harris on dates, TV channels, ground rules and the hosts.

He doesn't debate her - he looks weak

He does debate her - he looks bananas.

Sophie's choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,174 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

He will show up for the fox aka "safe space" debate and skip the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭valoren

Harris could say that it's better for her to debate him before mid September because if she doesn't do it by then Trump might actually be locked up and unavailable to debate with her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

Lawrence delivers some harsh truths.…

• Registered Users Posts: 15,675 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

That press conference was a complete disaster.

It only solidified that stark difference between the DNC ticket and Trump.

Very telling that Vance wasn't involved. This wasn't anything other than a Trump whingefest.

Whatever plan the Trump campaign had that thought this was going to be a good idea certainly didn't work.

I thought one of the most cringing points was when he was asked why he hadn't been out campaigning and his reply was he was busy making videos!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,703 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

I've read suggestions online that this was a solo run by Trump - It was noted that none of his campaign team appeared to be there and little things like the lack of any "Trump/Vance 2024" branding around the place etc.

I suspect it was just Trump sitting alone in Mar-a-Lago seeing all the positive press about Harris and he got angry and announced a Presser with zero preparation.

And as Lawrence O'Donnell noted in the clip posted above , once again the US Media put clicks ahead of journalistic integrity and facilitated an angry old mans rant.

• Advertisement

I've re-learned a truth from Lawrence O'Donnell and that a response from Trump is not necessarily an answer to the question; where Trump is concerned, it's an evasion and more probably a lie into the bargain. Trump got what he wanted. Hopefully the next time trump calls a news conference and asks for specific journalists only, the newsdesk editor says "no".

Advertisement