Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So "X" - nothing to see here. Elon's in control - Part XXX **Threadbans in OP**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,220 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

I agree that Musk is taken too seriously, the worse thing for people like him is to be ignored. Soon enough he’ll be seen for the conman that he is and the public toilet he both will become little more than a classier 4chan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,536 ✭✭✭corkie

Thread broken again. Only seeing your post by quoting. Link the below in my long post!

https://www.euronews.com/culture/2024/08/08/is-he-a-bot-veep-creator-armando-iannucci-calls-out-elon-musks-uk-civil-war-posts

‘Is he a bot?’: ‘Veep’ creator Armando Iannucci calls out Elon Musk’s UK 'civil war' posts

An example: -

https://www.euractiv.com/section/politics/news/europes-teenage-tiktok-terrorists-target-taylor-swift/

Neumann noted links between the attacks and social media usage, as 15 of the 27 attempted or successful attacks in Western Europe since October 2023, involved the radicalisation of teenagers online, according to his account.

“I call them ‘TikTok jihadists’, although it’s not just TikTok,” Neumann stressed, pointing to the video platform’s young users and their exposure to algorithm-based content, while also mentioning encrypted chat service Telegram.

“In North Rhine-Westphalia, the last four or five [terrorist cases that we uncovered] were all 14-, 15-, 16-year-olds,” the former MEP told journalists

Where is the responsible parent supervision of these teenagers. I have issues with the DSA effect on adult online liberties but in favour of it's attempts of protecting and shielding minors, from the above.

Editing here instead of creating another post!?

https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2024/0808/1464108-x-to-pause-using-european-user-data-to-train-ai-systems/

• The undertakings were given by Shelly Horan Bl for Twitter, who said that the processing of the relevant data will cease tomorrow morning at 10 30am.
    • The judge welcomed the undertaking, which she said met the requirements of protecting the GDPR rights of 'X' users.
    • The nature of the orders sought were wide and far reaching, she added and if granted could result in Twitter being unable to provide its X account services to users in the EU/EEA, counsel said.
    • The judge adjourned the matter to a date in September.

So they may not be able to get at twitter/'X' through the lame #DSA as of yet, but sure have the power to do so with GDPR! Why did Elon bundle Grok into premium versions of 'X'? It is still called twitter here for the international EU version.

End of Edit?!

Note: - Posting again to try and clear the block on the new page from loading.

Post edited by corkie on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭Harika

Will be for some different thread to discuss that. Reasons are e.g. parents are not internet savvy, parents working several jobs ....

Anyway, musk's lawsuit has to be dead in the water every day again. The owner himself amplifies fake news on a daily basis.

On twitter someone pointed out that musk has to proof that the advertiser's colluded to not advertise on X . This is what Musk wants to proof. Here his 4D chess skills become clear.

He is the one that organised the advertiser's to not give him money. This proofs beyond doubt that there was collusion! Checkmate!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

Thing is a lot of things that the digital services act is dealing with is the reality that social media platforms aren't particularly transparent on how and why content is promoted. Given the fact Musk appears to be using Twitter to intentionally promote political disinformation then that's guaranteed to have him fall foul of laws. And that's not gonna be limited to the EU.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,042 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

It's all he does. He's famously addicted to Twitter. He was in a hotel once and demanded that the staff keep his phone only to then demand it back.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,493 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Shockingly enough, they're all Democrats.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,174 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,220 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

How long can people keep believing the sh!t they read on social media? There has to be a point where they start recognizing things aren't true or haven't happened as predicted. Or will it be a case that the crazier ideas will become more attractive.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,042 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Why? The whole point of social media is to enrage people for "engagement". I watch a video on the UK riots from a sensible channel and Youtube's algorithm responded by pushing Nazi content into my feed. For one video.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,607 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Even Grok thinks Elon is a dìckhead

Where does he think his petty little lawsuit will go, exactly? He's targetting corporations who are more than able to fight back against his grotty little online cesspit. No judge is going to establish a precedent that boycotting something is illegal.

A decade ago, most people would have thought of him as some sort of silicon valley entrepreneur if they knew who he was. Now, he's just another loon running mostly crap businesses and going on the sort of vile crusades you'd expect a pro-apartheid South African to embark upon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

He's got a load of petty ongoing lawsuits iirc. They just disappear into the abyss ultimately.

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Babyreignbow

Not really, YT is my primary source of entertainment and while I mostly watch gardening & DIY channels (yeah I know I'm a blast) anytime YT recommends shite on my feed its a simple case of hitting the do not recommend button. That said I really don't get much stuff like that filtering my way on youtube at all.

The DPC case is moving swiftly along in the irish courts.

https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2024/0808/1464108-x-to-pause-using-european-user-data-to-train-ai-systems/

The operator of the 'X' social media platform has given an undertaking to the High Court to temporarily cease processing the personal data of its European users to train any of its Artificial Intelligence systems.

If a thousand suns were to rise
    and stand in the noon sky, blazing,
    such brilliance would be like the fierce
    brilliance of that mighty Self.”

Youtube isn't really social media though the same way that X is. I agree that people can and should use the "Do not recommend channel" feature. I've had to use it a lot lately and I find it illuminating that Youtube was and is trying to get me to watch hard right, racist content.

I've managed to mostly fix it but it's annoying see it promote these people constantly. Another example is when I watched an IGN video about the game Resident Evil 5 which features a white male protagonist gunning down Africans who have been turned into monsters by a fictional parasite. I got spammed with incel after incel whingeing about it and it took a lot of don't recommends to stop that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,127 ✭✭✭✭L1011

He'll likely win at the first instance, as he has venue shopped for a district with one, whackjob, judge that it was inevitable to get

And then lose, horribly, on appeal.

Youtube isn't really social media though the same way that X is. 

Thank god, otherwise I'd be screwed. I'd have to amass a hoard of people I barely know in order to maintain a 'presence' when all I want to do is watch someone cut grass. (I have no friends) 😉

So ironically posted on 'X' by Billy Kelleher: -

https://www.reneweuropegroup.eu/news/2024-08-09/elon-musk-must-clean-up-his-act

Musk has not helped things by being so vocal on things in the UK.

@Babyreignbow Thanks for posting about the GDPR case, I edited my last post yesterday to include it.

• Advertisement

What's the problem?

It's not ironic, Twitter is still one of the most important social media to reach your constituency. From a professional point of view you won't get around it.

This is funny because while it's true in that it maintains it's hold over such a vast swathe of the population, I listened to a local politician talk on radio earlier this week about their twitter and other social media accounts and decided on the back of that I probably wouldn't be voting for them going forward.

It's not solely that they have a profile there, I'm fairly sure they all do but how it appears to influence them and their realms of importance. (something to do with someone with ten followers wanting to mooch off their thousands of followers) I just don't want to vote for that.

@Babyreignbow about their twitter and other social media accounts and decided on the back of that I probably wouldn't be voting for them going forward.

Strange, I am the opposite, not just 'X', but if I can not find a social media presence for a candidate, I may not vote for them. It is good to see how they are representing themselves and opinions of others.

https://scholar.harvard.edu/sounman_hong/politicians-social-media-perceptions-risk-and-reward

Some politicians are good on the platform and understand how to utilize it. Others are bad when they don't understand how to use the tools of the platform and moan about abuse on it.

I expect every politician has a social media presence, in fact they have people paid to do their pr. The subject of their tweets is what I'm referring to. It was the first time I'd actually heard their policies being put forward as like I said, I don't have a presence on social media so the only way I would be able to hear their views is if they do public speaking old school style, in this case radio.

I didn't get a feel that they had a clear cut plan but was going along for the ride. I realised they operated in the same spheres as the most corrupt board in the county and were career politicians and would no doubt be doing their best to protect their cronies once they got elected. maybe if I had X or Y I'd have already known this but I doubt it.

Reports the UNOFFICIAL @ukgov account is suspended but the official @GOVUK is still active.

Below is active both on mobile app and web browser.

Post edited by corkie on

Musk gets schooled by a cat parody account

Wow!!!

He really thinks he's above everyone else

Methinks this will be the find out part of F.A.F.O for Mr Musk.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,529 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

That's not an official UK government account though, is it?

• Advertisement

Advertisement