Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2024 - General Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

Will it ever not be windy?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,576 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Quite blustery this morning in south Dublin but the sky is a beautiful gin blue flecked with white clouds.
    It’s fairly warm in the sun but the breeze has a bit of a chill in it when it blows.
    Lovely morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

had high hopes for today. Still do but it would 1. Want to get a bit warmer 2. A lot less windy 3 a lot less cloudy and 4 more sunny.

Would that wind ever just feck off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭wazzzledazzle

Basically this also for N Kildare, except it is now raining currently

this is at odds with other reports from Galway all summer JCX.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭mitresize5

A lovely morning in West Clare, hazy sunshine and bright.

I feel an impromptu half day coming up 😀

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,201 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Is it really?

It was fairly dry for June and some of July, but it's been constantly windy and often it's driving drizzle that gives low totals.

Haven't seen a temperature of over 22/23°c here since May. Oddly enough Sunday, which was a total washout, was very warm and about 22°c, whereas Monday, a much sunnier drier day, was cooler.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,008 ✭✭✭appledrop

Nope, really we should be a rich nation by haversting the power of the wind for renewable energy.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

a nice day in Meath, warm and sunny however that wind is annoying. This weekend looks half decent first one in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Another nice day in Dublin, currently 20 degrees but might hit 22 or 23

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

Some parts of Dublin seem to very lucky lately. It's overcast and very windy here in Lucan. Dry at the moment and warm, but not a nice day. It has rained and been windy every single day of the last fortnight here. Only nice evening was Thursday the 1st after a rainy morning, and Saturday 3rd was OK in terms of sunshine (but with wind and intermittent drizzle).

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Sunny and 23c in Greystones.

I have to agree Hippodrome, I certainly wouldn't class today as a nice day, the wind is too strong and it's a chillywind.

I tried sitting out for lunch I lasted 10 mins, overcast and too windy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Phoenix Park seems to be the warmest spot today at 22 degrees from met eireann readings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,950 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Cruise liner "Nautica" was scheduled to be in Galway for the day however on arrival this morning it was deemed too rough to bring passengers ashore due to the strong wind. Now heading for Killybegs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭esposito

Warm and sunny in Dublin 16.

Wind isn’t as annoying as it was earlier. 22°

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,441 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Lovely day again in south Dublin.

Warm across most of the country too :

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

you’d have to laugh at it only it’s not a bit funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,441 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Humidities in the 40's in many stations on the 16:00 report on the met.ie website, pretty unusual to see that in Ireland. Good drying in that wind!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Lovely and sunny here in carrick it's lovely, can anyone tell me how to get the thunderstorm models I've been looking for a while now and can't find them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Beautiful sunset after a lovely day in Meath.

While it's the same sky over us all my friend sent me her view of grey skies in the West - NE Galway - with rain for them. 😮

16⁰ Meath

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Beautiful sunset tonight

Red sky delight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,629 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

It was nice indeed, Sutton in Dublin this evening. The wind finally gave it a rest too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Breathtaking picture, for a second I thought that was a pumkin, giving me Halloween 🎃 vibes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Robwindstorm

Did the sun fall out of the sky, what the hell is that?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 12,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Out and about at times today in Tralee and enjoyed the fresh air and blue skies, started a bit on the cool side but from early there was good sunshine and could feel the air heating up , quite pleasant in the afternoon, clouded over late afternoon as expected and drops around 18.00 , been light drizzle on and off this evening.

High of 20.2C and currently 15.9C

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Heavy shower Meath

14⁰ Meath

Hmm Met Eireann telling me it will get to highs of 24 degrees today in Dublin with plenty of sunshine.

Meanwhile it's raining and 16 degrees.

Maybethe nice weather will come later and if so I'll go and change my current outfit but at the moment I'm dressed for the actual weather.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,458 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Looks like a marker buoy or fender buoy. Smashing photo.

August is already showing as wetter in comparison to May, June and July which had about 60% of average rainfall. 30mm already in Mace Head which only had 6mm up to the 20th of July. I have already noticed water levels rising from being consistently below the 95th percentile. The growth has also taken off with the warm damp weather. Farmers will be pleased. Fishermen too.

Corrib River water levels ⇒

Realtime waterlevel

It has turned into a lovely morning out west now. Warm and sunny.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,280 ✭✭✭yagan

Glorious.

Cork harbour.

Advertisement