Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the etiquette here??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Grouptherapy

Dealing with a socially awkward one at the moment.

Went to the smaller (usually quieter) traps earlier in the week. Trying to limit the ol social media to scheduled breaks, but make an exception for trap time. Dropped out an awful load - was like a casserole in the pan. Bang of it that would knock a vulture off a dung wagon.

Anyways was letting it marinate while I continued scrolling. Heard mop bucket being wheeled down and door pushed open. Cleaner could clearly bee my size 10's under the door so she left. Came back 5 mins later, same thing. Figured I best clear out and let her get on with it. Wasn't expecting her to be in hall as I left and she went straight in. Straight in to the fog that was obviously my handywork.

She used to be friendly enough but since that I just get a tight lipped nod anytime I now say hello.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭LimerickGray

I can’t remember the similarity or reason behind saying this…..

In a restaurant in Egypt. Many years ago. Only men toilet. No lights in there and very dark. Hole in the ground with a hose to wash afterwards. I used the facilities (reluctantly) and the a voice from the corner saying “1 or2?” There was a guy there sitting the whole time watching waiting to sell me 2 or 3 sheets of loo roll. I never complained about my job again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Was in a rather large theme park in Italy recently and, to my horror, was presented with squatter toilets when heading for a quick pre-rollercoaster evacuation. Had to double check I was in the right place and I hadn't travelled to South East Asia.

Horrifying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,611 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

The squatter clears out the guts more efficiently, my friend.

I had a feed of hot Indonesian food coupled with several liters of strong beer on a trip to

Jakarta recently, was ‘shovel ready’ for a serious dump when confronted by a squat shïtter.

Took the position and pulled the ripcord…..the load exited like a four man bob and

I felt clean as a whistle and the guts cleared out.

Never diss the eastern shiïtter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Unprepared mentally is all, Bren.

When in Asia, you'd expect the Asian style dropbox.

But this was a curveball completely out of nowhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭Bobson Dugnutt

Japan is a funny country. You either have the space age toilet which plays music, can wash your rivet, has a deodorant button, examine your discharge for medical issues and so, or you have a primitive squat setup. No Armie Shanks with a pull chain middle ground.
    Would agree with Brendan that they can be very effective for a full and sudden discharge. Make sure you check the legs and kaks afterwards though.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Grouptherapy

Fcukit this is annoying me. Why should I be the victim here!? If she keeps it up after the weekend I won't flush from next Tuesday on.

You have a point but usually there is an alternative, however, in this case it was ‘needs must’.

Big drop was ‘crowning’ and in fairness once the hoop was properly configured and full throttle was applied she blew out with no fuss at all.

Only downside was a bit of ‘spatther’ when she hit the delph at force.

Bit of a rimshot I suppose.

Did 4 very heavy days of drinking, eating, betting on the nags and playing bad hands of poker down in Galway on Tuesday through Friday. Arrived back into Dublin with a serious case of the blues. Had a salad for dinner last night, and was thinking about becoming the best version of myself until I got an invite into town this afternoon for a gallon.

Ended up getting a very nasty dose of the trots, and had to use the facilities in Kehoes of Anne Street. Anyone who has drank there will know that the facilities are extremely primitive. A thundering disgrace to be honest. One cubicle in what is a very busy pub. Yankee style door. Single ply. No brush. Squirted out at least half the gallon once I had grimaced and sat down on the very warm seat (the squat position simply wasn't an option - wearing a new pair of chinos from Arnotts).

Pulled the plug on the night, but not before having to visit the small room in: The Duke (6/10), McDonald's (5/10), Chaplins (7.5/10), and Mulligans (2/10). Had to bring a Tesco Bag for Life on the Dart in case of any further unpleasantness, but thankfully made it home without further incident.

Sitting here now with a couple of teaspoons of Andrews Liver Salts and electrolyte powder dissolved in a large glass of Lucozade.

Getting too old for this shít.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,270 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

That’s a rough night Bobson . I had a few of them back in the day . McD’s usually bore the brunt of it though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Slideways

Frequently referred to as a McShít

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Jaysus!! I’d say you have a ring piece on you like the Japanese flag this morning after all those toilet visits. Get yerself to your local pharmacy for the biggest tube of Bepanthen you can find. It’s the only thing that will soothe your discomfort. I have a bit of a dodgy belly myself since yesterday morning after hitting the Guinness in Limerick on Saturday eve. I was persuaded afterwards by my nephew to go for a spicy chicken kebab which certainly didn’t help. The resulting effluence was so dark and viscous that that I had to give the toilet bowl and extra hard scrubbing with the brush and plenty of Domestos bleach. I’m on a morning diet of yogurt, fruit, nuts and cornflakes at present in order to restore my gut flora back to normal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,139 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

As long as there's no gut fauna you'll be doing fine...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,845 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Used to be the odd McDonald's would have a security guard who might try to stop you from using the jax without buying anything.

The joke was you'd tell him you were going to order after using the facilities.

Commonly known as a McShit with lies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,845 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Just a quick tip Bobson. The Westbury is only a 2 minute stroll from Kehoes. Much better facilities for tipping the cart. Always approach the door with the phone to the ear, and as the door man gives you the once over you say into the phone "I'm just coming into the lobby now, I'll wait here for you".

Then it's time to take a 5 star dump.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,138 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Dangerous game Bobson adding Andrews into the mix when one has been playing "fast and loose" with the old colon, it's a laxative after all…

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Slideways

Milk of Magnesia is where it’s at.

As my granny used to say, “it either bring it up or bring it down, either way it’s out of you”

Yeah but humanity subsequently developed flat 7-Up which can cure literally anything.

If I had the convenience and certainty of time then I would have certainly have headed down to the Westbury. Great facilities and easy to access. Not a fan of the ones on the top floor of Brown Thomas. Hugely overrated and often with a queue.

O’Neills of Suffolk Street is worth a detour as they say in the Michelin Guide. Downstairs has a lovely ceiling to floor wooden door and a pull chain toilet.

It was a distressing and time sensitive operation I had to undertake. Going to do a few weeks off the gargle now that GAA and festival season is over.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

An early form of Dioralyte. I swear by the latter for hangovers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Carrying a folded copy of the Irish Times under your arm also helps getting past the doorman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭bnt

A couple of years ago I discovered millseed (flaxseed), and learned to be careful with it. I was looking for the local equivalent of Metamucil (Psyllium), which is ubiquitous and cheap in the USA but a special order here. Both work by producing mucilage in the gut, and bulk things up very nicely. Aldi has milled flaxseed for not much, a heaped teaspoon every other day is a start. Too much will bloat you up.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

There are still some things the digital edition just can't do.

Currently sojourning on the Canary Islands on a bed and breakfast basis, have to say the daily fry-ups coupled with some of the lunch options (on one day I ate no less than four fried eggs) are causing a bit of bindage. Double deuced today which appeared to reduce the "backlog" but the hotel provided TP is questionable at best so care will be required to be taken for the next couple of days or so. We purchased a four-pack of SuperDino's premium rollage which should help in this regard (but keeping them hidden so the cleaner still tops up the free stuff, we're not thick).

The Dorada and Tropical are all very nice but don't help move things along in the same way that a few pints of Arthur's finest will. It's yin and yang, Irish breakfast eggboundness followed by pints of Guinness and everything balances out. But Guinness is very expensive in the off-trade here and the on-trade outlets have dodgily tattooed sixty-something sad cases sitting there all day smoking their heads off on duty-free rollies while watching the Racing Channel. No thanks.

Had watermelon along with the fry this morning so that might help with the natural progression.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

Covid has hit the household.

The movements are not pleasant at all, ranging from a torrent of brown sludge, to an uncomfortable 20 mins of waiting for something to happen.

That's one of the side effects which has been under-reported on, they're all over the respiratory stuff but there's more to life than breathing.

Some prunes and dried apricots this AM before the fry, will report back later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,139 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I'm one of the lucky ones who has been able to stay #Novid, I was unaware of this side effect and will be doing my best to keep #Novid going forward.

Thoughts and prayers at this difficult time.

Feel about a stone lighter and the spring is back in my step 👍️ the premium toilet roll has proven its worth too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭easygoing39

You can head off to the bar to drink Tropical and do some bets with the lads now!!!

• Advertisement

I wouldn't go near the privy after one of those lads, fohherking bang in the place you could hang curtains on.

Had the misfortune to do that in Murcia and even discovered a set of Tesco jocks caked in arse muck draped over the pot and the bunch of soaks leaving the premises to cacophony of guttural slow burning farts.

Fcukking animals.

Advertisement