Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My autonomous lawn mower thread/blog

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Pique

That's only for the front wheel. These are supposed to be the business though and better than the spikes.

WORX WA0953 Landroid Wheels All-Terrain - for Soft Surface and Wet Lawn - Suitable for The Slope up to 22° or 40% - Easy Assembly - Not for Vision https://amzn.eu/d/0b7yR1Dn

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Dozz

Hi

I was just looking for any feedback from owners of the Navimow i108e?

My robomow is starting to give trouble so am considering this as an upgrade.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭dots104

In the middle of trying to decide on which mower to go for my lawn ( approx 4500m2) . Following a bit of research I think it's between a husqvarna and kress.

I'd prefer a wire free option as we only recently built the house so the garden is quite young and will change over time.

Kress is coming in slightly cheaper against the wire free husqvarna.

Anyone using either of the bigger models for kress r174 or husqvarna 450x? Any thoughts would be appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 1 tomdd

HI

Just checking I am buying a yuka 1500 from amazon Germany. Have a great offer of 1300 euro limited time offer. Will the same power adapter work here in Ireland?. Is just the plug that is different?. I know that is not for sale here yet but as always the price will be more expensive in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭RainInSummer

The plug will be different is all. Nearly all my kit is euro and I just swap out the plugs.

Only catch is if the plug is moulded in to the power adaptor. They usually aren't though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

Just an FYI for Luba users. I had a problem with gps positioning after an update at the weekend. The fix was to add the RTK to your devices in the app. Which I had never done before and all was working ok til then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭Brianb8802

I managed to get my hands on a Luba 2 recently after a bit of research into all the different manufacturers like Husqvarna and Kress.

Main things I was looking for were wire free install and accurate GPS coverage through thick tree canopies. I was worried about the signal in and around the mature trees around the boundary of the garden and was prepared to cut a few trees back but it's performed even better then I thought it would. Didn't have to trim anything either.

Two of the zones are approx 50 meters away from the main garden and the path is narrow with thick tree coverage but haven't had one issue after 3-4 weeks of use.

I set this up in my parents place as they are getting a bit older and we can't keep up with the maintenance. The alternative was buying a ride on for more money and having to physically cut the grass ourselves.

I thought being able to log into the on board camera would be a gimmick but find myself using it quite a bit to make sure Luba isn't slacking.

I made a video of one area that's well covered by trees which is on a track between two areas. It's about 0.7m wide and there's no issues. See link below.

https://streamable.com/0u9eoo

I tried this track at night aswell but because it was dark Luba couldn't use it's camera and it ended up stopping.

If there's anyone on the fence I'd definitely recommend it. Even if it lasted 4-5 years it's a great investment.

Edit: I was also concerned about the RTK positioning and mounting. To get everything going initially I just used the ground mounted pole that comes in the box and put it next to the charger. There's a few trees around but it has a fairly good view of the sky. When I tested the Luba everything worked with no issues so I ended up just leaving the RTK there rather than mounting it on the house. It sees about 40 satellites on average and robot sees about 25. It is located in the back garden but can talk to Luba in the front garden with no noticable drop in signal.

Post edited by Brianb8802 on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭McSween

has anybody living in a semi detached house used one of these. If so can you recommend. Looking at about 1000€?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 257 ✭✭Sponsorgate

where would you recommend I purchase a Luba 2 5000. I see mowers.ie is not highly recommended. Appears to be a shipment of them coming in mid/late August. Just not sure who to purchase from? Any recommendations would be appreciated

Located in Cork

Post edited by Sponsorgate on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 741 ✭✭✭WildWater

I got mine from Coughlan's in Carlow. Why Coughlan's? They came up on a Google search and had it in stock. Rang them on a Saturday they took my number and said the robot person was busy and would ring me back. Which they did, within the hour. Paid over the phone. Shipped Monday, arrived Tuesday. Haven't had reason to contact or deal with them since but certainly would buy from them again. Others on here have brought from a distributor based in Athlone but I can't remember the name.

Post edited by WildWater on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

I went straight to the sole distributor of Luba in Ireland, as I was getting the runaround from a three businesses in my area. Lyster Lawnmowers Dac (Exclusive Distributor for Ireland) 14 Blyry Business ParkAthlone, Westmeath N37 ED32

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 257 ✭✭Sponsorgate

Put a deposit down with Coughlans on Friday. Hope to have my hands on one within 3 weeks

Best of luck with it.

My girl busy doing her thing! Love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭bunderoon

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭SocialSpud

Should I get the Yuka or Luba 2? I have a fairly level lawn, about 1000m2. I'm also seriously considering the Navimow H1500.

Post edited by SocialSpud on

I actually just backed the Terramow. Comes with Risk of course as it's on KickStarter, but they've been shipping and doesn't require wires or RTK, just a camera. It seems to do an excellent job in mapping out a lawn, just like a robot vacuum.

I'm not sure if this is allowed here, but I have a Worx Landroid L2000 new and still in it's opened box which I am planning on selling. Turns out my lawn is not best suited for the wire as I have some paths, so I opted for a different mower. Would anyone be interested in buying this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Technophobe

Me too..let's keep each other (and others here) updated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,389 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Any tips for filling/raising the level in some spots? "Dolly" keeps getting stuck near the wall, as it slopes down there. I need to raise it up so it's a bit more flat. Do I just add some soil and pat it down so she can drive over it until such times as the grass comes through, or do I need to put down some turf?

Excuse the bad state of the grass. Just back from 2 weeks holiday and of course Dolly had a jam like this on our 2nd day away so it's not been cut for a fortnight.

I did go around the border when we got back with the push mower.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 193 ✭✭bfclancy2

If it last 4-5 years you deem that a good investment? How so if you don't mind me asking, what does that stack up against, for any outlay like that you would surely be hoping for 10 years at least, 4-5 years would be unacceptable for any type of lawnmower, why does the robot get a pass? Just curious

Just adding soil will be fine. Add some seed while you're at it. If it's a straight run the robot should drive over and not cause damage. If you are concerned, perhaps add temporary fence until the grass grows in.

Yeah I'll switch it to a straight run. It had previously (as you can see in the pic) been doing diagonal runs but I'll change that tonight and lay some soil & seed tomorrow.

Sounds good. It's a good idea to change the direction every so often anyway so the robot isn't creating little ruts. Also good for the grass to be mowed from a different direction.

Yeah I normally do a diamond pattern, so it cuts L-R one day and top to bottom the next. Then I rotate the map so it's at 45° lines.

But that means it's having to rotate the wheels in that low patch at the wall which isn't ideal.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 AnnCCFE

Anyone got any experience with the Kress mission nano 600? I only have about a 200m2 lawn and it's relatively square and flat, but for the €630 price and a dealer less than 1 hour drive away it's very tempting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Pique

Speaking of Kress (which I know nothing about) they have a end of season 50% off sale.

https://www.kress.com/en-ie/robotic-lawn-mowers/

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭pete6296

Hi. Thanks for link for kress. Great offer for 50% off. Has anybody any feedback for these mowers. Lawn is 2700 square metres. Was looking at luba2 5000 but this is tempting offer from kress. Equivalent from kress is 2k euro

• Advertisement

Having just spent about £3.5k on 2 Kress mowers in April, I'm not even looking at the sales as it will only depress me.

Advertisement