Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,426 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I licked some off before I thought of taking a pic but I think the girl in the shop gave me an extra large 99 because I told her they did the best cones in the town.

Even as I walked back to my car with it two separate strangers commented " jesus Christ look at the size of that" 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Babyreignbow

I gave up coffee a few months ago to see if it would help me sleep better, it didn't but I discovered Barleycup last week and it's like heaven in a cup. It tastes like coffee in a weird way but it makes you sleepy and helps you poo. (not at the same time) Anyway, I've become addicted.

Use your mighty arms to slay the fierce enemy that is selfish desire

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

makes you sleepy and helps you poo. (not at the same time)

😁😆😂🤣 that just brightened up my day...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,274 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Have had covid for a week now and lost my sense of taste and smell about 2 days into it. TH that I opened the press where the tea bags are this morning and got a big whiff of peppermint.

Thankfully smell is on the way back so taste shouldn't be too far behind 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭mikemac2

I put through my shopping at the supermarket till and then found my searching every pocket and all of my rucksack frantically. Where was my wallet?? I had to ask the very kind girl at the till to set aside my stuff.

Then the customer service staff member across the way saw what was happening and reached into a drawer and handed my wallet to me. I profusely thanked both the staff! Got my shopping and on my way

Sound staff and a saint of a person who found my wallet in the store and handed in straight away. I've no idea how I dropped it 🤔, gotta be more careful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,549 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

The Google Doodle of the bird doing the Olympic gymnastics and being given a 10 by the cat watching gave me a great giggle and cheered me up.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C9-YC0BR1BH/?igsh=MXh2am9ucnV4dWo3bg==

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,602 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

bumping into an acquaintance I haven’t seen in 18 or so months. We didn’t have the most pleasant parting of ways, we can be both a little strong willed shall we say and as we approached on the path im just thinking about how to handle it but it didn’t need handling… it was fine and genuinely friendly and cordial..

Post edited by Strumms on

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭French Toast

Watching Keeping Up Appearances, seemed to always be on the telly in the late 90’s. Still a great watch today, imo.

Learned that Patricia Routledge who played Hyacinth Bucket is still alive at 95 years young.

After not touching a sup of alcohol for over 6 months,I ended up on a 12 hour session yesterday.

Was expecting to wake up and be in a critical condition but I'm actually grand. So TH with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,907 ✭✭✭sporina

was at the pedestrian lights - twas red - there was a guy there with his dog - the dog was barking like mad and trying to cross the road - I asked "whats up"? he said " she has no patience" I had to laugh - dogs really are not too far from humans LOL

A bit more than trivial but my mother died last week and the send off she got was out of this world.

From the funeral home and hairdresser having her looking amazing, to the sun coming out, the crowd that turned out and the food and knees up afterwards.

It couldn't have been more perfect to honour such an amazing woman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,376 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Condolences @blade1. I'm glad your mother got the send off she deserved and that you got to see how loved she was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,433 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Wokies pretending they never liked Harry Potter anyway after filling JKR's bank account buying all the books and merch. Delicious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,017 ✭✭✭✭bnt

First visit to the Netherlands, writing this on a train to The Hague. Free WiFi is good, but more importantly: got straight on a main line train at Schipol airport. No bus to the city centre or other transfer, just straight to where I’m going.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Visiting the Foynes Airboat and Maritime Museum yesterday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

TH is I actually got the number question on Countdown , that rarely happens 😃

I need to revise my times tables

an IT troubleshoot and fix success at 4.30 am… I spent a good few hours after dinner yesterday evening trying to sort this problem without getting within an asses roar of being able to. Having YouTubed googled and messaged people looking for tips…. Still unluckily got nowhere despite kind efforts of others. But amazing what extreme peace and quiet ( and a bit of luck ) can help you accomplish. 😎

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,313 ✭✭✭Archeron

I attended a mass sock wedding today, joyous event.

I know washing machines eat everybody's socks and its funny but in our house it was becoming a bit much. We keep one line of the drying horse for socks that come out unaccompanied, thats the singles bar. They get a few months there and if not matched then binned.

Today six singletons came out of a wash and found all their partners in the singles bar.

I feel that particular weirdness is now justified.

They grow up so quick, sniff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,376 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

This post has made me very happy.

Probably not as happy as the loved up socks though. 😁

• Advertisement

Now for 48 hours of the laziest, most relaxing, chilled and people free weekend, 😎

Think I'm coming around now after having COVID.

Not fighting fit and my throat is still cutting me a bit but at least I can function.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Hold My Hand

I’m a sucker for the Welsh accent. Aled Jones has a weekend show that has just started on Classic FM. That’s the next 3 hours sorted for me.

was in Boots and saw my favourite shampoo on special…. Couldn’t recall if I’d ran out or if I had a spare, picked up 6 anyway… home to find I was on the last bottle and about 10% of that bottle left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭apache

Kinder Bueno white ice creams. Absolutely gorgeous.

Edit - I just saw the post above of a 99. That looks amazing!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

There's a stunning, rich gold half moon tonight, the size of (half) a dinnerplate, just two fingerwidths above the horizon.

Edit: One and a bit - it's setting.

social plans for the weekend cancelled. I wasn’t looking forward to it… a family thing. Arranged around a family member home from abroad who you see once about every 7/8 years, don’t get me wrong it’s all cordial and at the end “ hey we must not leave it so long ”… but it gets left for quite long, until situations like now but they’ve all come down with a virus and to be on the safe side….🥸. A chilled weekend awaits.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,178 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Have a pain issue in an area I won't elaborate on. Did an NHS eConsult on Monday morning, got a phone call from the doctor, a prescription sent to Asda and started it yesterday and it's much less painful now.

Also, bumped into one of the neighbours this morning. They've this lovely ginger tomcat who just does as he pleases so it was a nice chat.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

When you feel like crap and you take the dog for a short walk, have a quick chat with a couple of people, and you feel great afterwards.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,274 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

TH typing up the angriest of angry emails into ChatGPT and then asking it to rewrite with a business tone. Amazing every time and I get to work out the stress via angrily typing what I actually want to say.

"Dear Sirs,
    Have you lost your fking minds…etc" 😂

Advertisement