Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fleadh Wexford

• 09-08-2024 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭

Has anyone been to the Fleadh in Wexford? Seems to be a massive success and on track for 600k visitors. Worth €60M to the local economy apparently.

Thinking of heading tomorrow maybe. What's the park and ride like? Think it's from Barntown?

Great to see it being a success though.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,799 ✭✭✭SteM

My mum was down yesterday and she's going back tomorrow,id say it'll be busy tomorrow though. She had a great time. She said its due back there next year too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭azimuth17

Best of luck to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Valhalla90

Wrong forum!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭Azatadine

No. Right forum. I live in Waterford but was wondering if anyone had gone to it. I know it's park and ride so was just wondering how that went.

Yeah. Back there next year too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭webpal

plenty of park and rides around the town, think it’s €10

Yep, even from Ballinaboola.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Went down yesterday, spent most of the day and into the evening there, it was a brilliant day, great atmosphere everywhere you went. Didnt avail of the P&R, we were able to drive into town and got parking less than 10 mins walk from the quays. The crowds were unreal and the weather was perfect yesterday also. Well done to the organisers and it will definitely be worth a visit down when they host it again next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 182 ✭✭Dexpat

Sounds great. Fair play to Wexford. I know the Fleadh goes to a place for 2 or 3 years. What's the criteria for awarding it does anyone know? It seems like medium/large towns can get it but maybe Waterford doesn't qualify. Never seen it any of the cities?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

I think it was out in Tramore years ago. Bit of a flop if I recall correctly. It was a victim of good weather!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 182 ✭✭Dexpat

That was the Fleadh music festival in 1993 which was a one off. The Fleadh Ceoil was in Dungarvan in the 50s I think. Would be nice to see it in the city at some stage. Its a long way off if ever though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Dunmoreroader

Interesting, apart from Dublin once and across the border in Derry once, it's never been held in any of the main 5 ROI cities. It was in Kilkenny a couple of times.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_venues_for_All-Ireland_Fleadh_Cheoil_na_h%C3%89ireann

You'd think that a smallish city like Waterford would be ideal with its track record with Spraoi and the Tall Ships festivals.

Has the city ever pitched for it or are cities excluded?

Advertisement