Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Fitness Questions

1545556575860»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Cill94

Myself and others have already given you longer responses in this thread a few times, only to have you completely ignore them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,775 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Surely if there's one thing you can easily see when watching the Olympics it's that fit bodies come in a lot of different shapes.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Suit of Wolves

It wasn't a picture that made me go searching a picture! It was from seeing her on TV.

Of course she has great physique, but she does NOT have that flat stomach that sets my teeth on edge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,637 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Why would an elite athlete's stomach set your teeth on edge?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,510 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

An athlete with a flat stomach irritates you? Did you mean to say that, or did you leave out something? In either case it’s strange to be irritated by an athletes body.

My previous question still stands; What’s your post really about? You’ve now asked about correct/incorrect pelvis and spine multiple times. I assume you are female. Is there something you are trying to achieve or are concerned about?

• Advertisement

Sorry, I misunderstood the meaning of the phrase setting one’s teeth on edge. I meant that I like the look of a flat stomach. I’m a dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭mindhorn

That hole is getting deeper the more you post.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

Let's just leave it there and talk about something else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,615 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Hey, remember a good few years back when somebody wanted someone with muscle for a private posing session? Like, not to teach how to pose but just wanted someone to come and pose in front of them. Well, I thought that was the weirdest thing I was ever going to read in this forum... Until now

• Advertisement

I think the phrase muscle worship was involved

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,615 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I like this lady's too:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,968 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Any chance you could stop being a creepy weirdo please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I've got a squat question if you don't mind. I recently started doing squats again after a long injury-forced hiatus and I've noticed 2 things;

1 - my hips sway slightly towards my right leg on both the eccentric and concentric phase (recentering at the bottom). It's a subtle shift, probably no more than an inch, but as I'm looking in the mirror I can see it happen. I'm not using much weight and am completing 4 * 8 so it's not that I'm overloading myself. I have to really focus on keeping myself aligned for it not to happen but I'm wondering whether it's something I should be bothered about at all or whether it's pointing to a weakness or tightness somewhere?

2 - when I reach the bottom of the movement and start back up, I feel like I'm pushing through my trunk/core and I don't feel like I isolate or focus on one particular muscle group, however, on a few occasions it felt like I was pushing more through my quads, or at least it was tougher on my quads. I was also able to replicate this and push through my quads more. My question is where should I feel like I'm pushing from on once I start back up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Cill94

1. Small asymmetries are normal and not likely to be a significant risk factor for injury. The main thing to focus on is loading yourself in a slow progressive manner.

2. The core and back get worked hard on squats so it’s normal to feel it work. The primary muscles targeted are quads and glutes.

As a beginner, feeling specific muscles work is not very important as long as you are using good technique with a full range of motion and getting stronger. I would recommend the RP strength youtube channel for exercise demos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Thank you and funnily enough I've been watching a lot of RP lately, Dr. Mike is hilarious and informative! He's just released a squatting for size video that's on my playlist.

Thanks for the general advice too, I'll take it handy, I really don't wanna go back to being injured again.

The swaying is probably overcompensating for a weaker side. Not a huge deal at max effort. One side will always be stronger. But probably want to avoid it become habitual. Try some split squats to warm up.

second part is normal. The core/torso works hard on the way up. Esp with leverage out if the hole. Quads working is normal. It’s a quad dominant move.

The more upright you are, the more quads. Lower bar, more forward, more hips, more core/lower back

Advertisement