Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kia EV6

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭joe1303l

Two Tone on an ID.Buzz easily replicated with a top half wrap and probably cheaper too. It’s the LWB model with 3rd row seating that might be worth waiting for.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 shanoh

Kia Connection Issue

My EV6 isn't responding on the app and the live traffic has stopped working also since last week. I wondered if it was related to the Crowdstrike issue but it hasn't resolved - anyone else any issues?

Only thing I was thinking is I had the firmware updated 6 months ago but only just noticed that fly by wire updates were disabled. I've enabled that now but nothing happening. Bought it in Jan 2022. Any thoughts welcome!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭Raoul

Connection to the app is working. I'm not in the car to check the live traffic. I usually use android auto tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭barryj

Resetting the head unit may sort out the the traffic/non response issue.

Solved similar for me previously.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭TOLLOT

same here , reset head unit with a paper clip as barryj suggested .
    it worked for me .

My app and traffic had been out for. Few days beforehand.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Ballylad

anyone have a ev6 GT in group, any feedback appreciated Thnks

• Registered Users Posts: 40 shanoh

Thanks, this worked! Appreciate it

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭bootser

Hi All, I'm due to trade in my 212 ID3 and pick up a 221 EV6 next week! Any tips for anything to look out for before I leave the dealers? TIA

Ask them to update all the software ( I asked but it wasn't done and I had to do it myself ) and delete the previous person's profile. The latter is a pain in the arse to sort out with customer service if you need to do that. Check for paint chips, the dealer I bought from fixed them all prior to me collecting. The paint chips easily too so there could be a few.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭ffocused

Download the Kia Connect app and set up your account prior to collecting and you should be able to quickly register the car from a QR code on infotainment screen or by using the VIN number before driving off.
    If still registered to previous owner, get the garage to sort it. If they took it as trade in, they should be able to call previous owner and ask them to delete the car from their account.

Issues myself and others had with early models 212/221 to look for that warranty should cover.

1. Check bottom of both headlight clusters for cracks.
    2. Check silver trim piece around airbag cover on steering wheel for cracks/breaks beside buttons
    3. Ensure all door handles pop out and retract (assuming it is an Irish car, as not all UK versions have automatic pop out handles)

• Advertisement

Yeah, think there may be cracks on the bottom of the headlights. So is this a warranty fix? That would be great if so!

One of mine had cracks and I got it replaced under warranty.

Brian from EVOdyssey on YouTube had it on both of his and got them replaced, so I decided to ask when it was serviced in January.

It took a while to get it approved by Kia, but got a new one fitted about 2 months ago. Dealer told me that a new headlight unit costs about €1700 each for Earth spec, so definitely worth asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,458 ✭✭✭kuang1

Both of my front headlight units cracked entirely within 2 months after getting my earth model brand new in August '22.

Had to fight at the time to get them replaced under warranty. Eventually succeeded. But have been told by the rep since then that it's an "unofficial recall issue" due to the amount of similar complaints. Mine happened before it was recognised as a widespread problem, hence the resistance on Kia's part to fix it under warranty.

But if there's even a slight crack in any light unit, bring it to their attention and inform them that you know this is a problem with the earth models etc.

Are the headlights different on GT-Line models ?

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Cristobaal

I got mine EV6 in June, it's 221 Earth model. After reading your post, I went to check the headlights on mine just to discover exactly the same issue in both. Looks like stress marks/cracks. I'm planning to go to the local dealership in a few days to ask for the replacement. Any particular approach you can recommend?

Yes, GT- Line has AFLS headlights with 4 led units (first pic), Earth has 2 leds in a standard reflector unit (second pic)

The current runoff Earth special edition also has the better AFLS headlights fitted.

I just said I know of others who have had the same issue and got them replaced. They took pictures and sent off to Kia for warranty claim, but I had to chase them up a few times for an update before eventually getting it done.

I think the problem is lack of any padding under the headlight which I assume has been addressed with later models. I got mine in Jan 22 so was part one of the first deliveries.

If the bonnet is opened regularly I would guess it is more likely to happen. I only use my frunk for charging cables and don’t open it very often as I have a tethered home charger and must have closed it a bit too aggressively once or twice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭pah

Why in Gods name would you be picking up a car next week if you know it has cracked headlights

• Advertisement

Well hopefully you won't need to argue with them to the extent that I did.

Yeah as was said above, say that you noticed it and heard that it's a known fault. I think they've all got the memo by now so you should be looked after.

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Ballylad

Got the GT model recently, good value since the price drops, very different to the earth/gt line, GT mode is very impressive, definitely to be handled with care.

Looks really stealth. A proper wolf in sheep’s clothing, green calipers are the only big clue as to it’s performance from the outside. GT pricing at launch was crazy. Some Dealers advertising pre reg 242 demo models for €66K now. It’s a long way from the €87K price listing a few months ago. There’s obviously a push to clear stock ahead of the facelift model. Current model exterior looks nicer than the facelift images I’ve seen online. New version is likely to get the 84kWh battery and more power as per its Ioniq 5 N sister car. It could also gain the €80K price tag.

Post edited by joe1303l on

Anyone have issues with android auto connecting. I'm using a cable (from a Google pixel phone) but still half the time it won't connect and when it does it disconnects after a while. I have battery optimisation off for my phone too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 784 ✭✭✭tommythecat

I do find the quality of cable really matters for connection. Make sure it's a decent quality cable

4kwp South East facing PV System. 5.3kwh Weco battery. South Dublin City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Casati

Wow that’s some price drop, anybody who bought in Jan/ Feb must be well pissed

• Advertisement

I think it’s unlikely to have affected anyone. They couldn’t sell them at that money. Few dealer demos made up the majority of the sales.

Post edited by joe1303l on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭John arse

The GT and GT line thing is very confusing,I see some there around the same price. Nuts!

Yes, some very optimistic prices being asked for GT-Line cars but supply when new was an issue. Ironically some of the spec of the GT-Line is not on the GT. Seat adjustment for example is manual adjustment on the GT but are electric on the GT-Line.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭John arse

Indeed Joe, imagine parking a new GT- line in the drive and your neighbour parking his new GT and realising that you both paid the same!😳

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

There has been issues with loose connections on the USB port, so maybe give that a go too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=326U3NhwMnM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 playtowin

Hi All,

New EV6 owner. Just looking to know what apps are 'must have' for EV owner? Any help appreciated.

Plugshare for finding chargers. ABRP for route planning. And then the various ones for your charging accounts like ESB, Ionity etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,018 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Congrats, lovely car. Covered above more or less with apps, thats pretty much all I have, and make sure you have the Kia app for remotely controlling some functions of your car like charging, aircon, defrosting etc…

• Registered Users Posts: 18 playtowin

Thanks for those responses. Very helpful

I received confirmation from the local dealership that Kia Ireland has approved the warranty claim for the replacement of both headlights. However, they have requested that the vehicle be left at their premises for a full day to complete the work. Is it really an extensive work for it to be replaced?

It’s likely a bumper off job and the headlights may need setting in terms of beam pattern etc. Half a day is probably more realistic.

They said if I drop the car in the morning it will be likely ready for 4-5 PM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 187 ✭✭Exiled Rebel

Very confusing indeed.

How much approx would this car have cost the original owner last year?

A lovely machine, I wonder why they traded 12 months after buying it.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/kia-ev6-ev6-gt-line-0-finance/36975893

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭v10

It's not that confusing really, BMW do the same thing with M vs MSport (M3, M5 etc being performance models vs MSport being just a trim level).

The GT Line is just a more sporty trim level and is about €55K new.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Frostelicus86

Hi all, I am looking into getting the EV6 second hand and have come across a 2022 Earth model with about 55k km however there are a lot of paint chips on the bonnet of the car and some other scratches both inside and out which is really off putting, especially for the wife. The dealer is willing to go to €31,500 on account of this and is so low they wont take my Rav4 as a trade in, I'd have to sell that myself. It would still include the warrantee and could do 0% finance.

I feel this is an incredible deal and from calling a body repair place, they could re-paint the bonnet and boot door (where most scratches are) and replace the badges for €1,600. My wife still isn't keen as it is a bit of hassle, but to people who own the car , how much should I be pushing this? I don't think I'll get the car anywhere as cheap as this!

Any feedback is appreciated

• Advertisement

The car is absolutely fantastic. The paint however is very weak. It chips very easily moreso than some other cars. It's up to you to decide how much that bothers you. Would I change because of it. No way!!

Yeah, it's actually one of the worst things about the car. It chips so easily and gets lots of little scrapes. The dealer I bought from fixed all the paint chips for me prior to me buying. How bad are the chips on it? Lots of people just use one of the pens to fix it.

You need to ensure your bodyshop is very good at colour matching, as I would hate to go to that expense and end up with a car with 2 colours on it.

I have a scratch covering both driver side doors and was quoted €500 to respray, but decided against it just in case it ends up looking worse.

You could ask the dealer to get the paint fixed and pay €33k on condition you are happy with the respray and the colour is matched properly.

If you are not in a hurry, you could hang on until next year as there will be a lot more available after 3 year PCP returns come back to dealers and the prices might come down a bit more with the facelift model due shortly.

There are 2 coming up on Carzone for under €33k at the moment, so you might see another few pop up in the next few weeks for similar money.

I have had no major issues with mine in 2.5 years of owning and would not hesitate on recommending it to anyone making the EV switch.

Are you able to fit 2 child seats with someone sitting in between them? We could do that with the Rav 4 and keen to know if that's possible. According to the dimensions, Rav 4 is about 47 inches wide hip to hip space, EV6 is about 53 inches (only found US websites giving this detail).

OK good to know thanks all, the scratches are pretty bad to be honest, you wouldn't notice from a distance but when standing beside it you definitely would.

I was also concerned about the paint matching, I asked them if they would do it before I bought it (worried I'd be stuck with the problem) and they said no, so that might be another red flag, they probably don't have much confidence either!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭freddieot

I'm on my third Sorento, a 2022. Kia paint is the one annoying quality issue they seem to have and have never rectified. Power washed the latest one myself at home as I don't trust the drive through systems anymore and still the hose managed to scuff the paint where the A pillars are at the front. From a distance you would not notice but it's sad to see they have not resolved this problem yet as it's very annoying.

OP that's a great price for a 2022. I'd be suspicious if it was another make but of course you would still have quite a warranty left with Kia.

Not a hope. We have two of these https://tonykealys.com/products/besafe-izi-flex-fix-2-black-cab

And there is just about enough room to pull down the arm rest.

Just an FYI, if its the one in Navan, it also previously belonged to a smoker and may need headlights due to cracks, but that may be a warranty job.

Best of luck, Im looking at them myself!

I’d walk away and find one thats been looked after properly. A 2 year old car shouldn't need painting. There are three 2022 EV6’s on DoneDeal from €31950 to €32950 and I’d expect €31500 or less will get you any one of them as a cash sale. I assume the car you’re considering is one of these anyway.

• Advertisement

Thanks again, not any of those but i suspected there might have been a dog in the car with the scratches on the inside.

Good to know about the car seats as well, we regularly enough have to squeeze someone in between the seats at the moment, now its not comfortable but its doable!

Are the headlights susceptible to damage and easily require replacing? Have many had to call on the warranty?

Advertisement